Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-11-2022, 06:47 PM
Mr_Ed

Unread 04-11-2022, 06:50 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
This whole promotion of women's football has turned into a joke. They should have the lad who was the No 7 from the U16s who beat them about 17 nil in the pic.

Nothing sport, a lot of women's sport is really good, athletics, tennis. the skiing etc, but this lot look like they started playing last week. Maybe if they were on a smaller pitch with smaller goals, the way you start kids, but a total copy of the men's game and pretending it's the equivalent is a marketing piss take.

Equality and pretending things are equal is not the same thing
Yep.

Unread 04-11-2022, 06:51 PM
dunk

What a player Robbo was

Unread 04-11-2022, 07:30 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Good of Eric to bring his nieces.

Unread 04-11-2022, 07:34 PM
Ethers

3 things Trippers absolutely hates - women footballers, dogs and Andy Cole.

Unread 04-11-2022, 07:35 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Is Becks trying to get a body like Victoria?

Unread 04-11-2022, 07:36 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Unread 04-11-2022, 08:55 PM
armchair

Unread 04-11-2022, 10:09 PM
MagnificentSeven

no owen, valencia or sanchez?

Unread 05-11-2022, 04:58 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
This whole promotion of women's football has turned into a joke. They should have the lad who was the No 7 from the U16s who beat them about 17 nil in the pic.

Nothing sport, a lot of women's sport is really good, athletics, tennis. the skiing etc, but this lot look like they started playing last week. Maybe if they were on a smaller pitch with smaller goals, the way you start kids, but a total copy of the men's game and pretending it's the equivalent is a marketing piss take.

Equality and pretending things are equal is not the same thing
If the women are enjoying playing and watching, then what's the harm?

I don't like how the virtue signallers constantly compare it to the "toxic" men's game, but that aside I think it's great that girls can have something like the to aspire to. More power to them.

Unread 05-11-2022, 07:00 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
If the women are enjoying playing and watching, then what's the harm?

I don't like how the virtue signallers constantly compare it to the "toxic" men's game, but that aside I think it's great that girls can have something like the to aspire to. More power to them.
I play 5 a side with a man United supporters club here and I wear a United shirt with number 7 on the back, why am I not in the picture? I do enjoy playing and watching after all.

Unread 05-11-2022, 07:45 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I play 5 a side with a man United supporters club here and I wear a United shirt with number 7 on the back, why am I not in the picture? I do enjoy playing and watching after all.
Do you paid to play for united? Those two girls do.

Look, the photo is silly - goes from great to wtf as you scroll across. But that doesn't mean women's football is a joke. Not for the women that play it at least.

Unread 05-11-2022, 08:46 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Do you paid to play for united? Those two girls do.

Look, the photo is silly - goes from great to wtf as you scroll across. But that doesn't mean women's football is a joke. Not for the women that play it at least.
Agreed. The virtue signalling in women's football goes the other way as well. It's stupid to make direct comparisons between the men's and the women's game, just as it's stupid to get wound up about the fact that players that play for the United women team feature in a promo about Man United players.

Different cheeks on the same arse.

Unread 05-11-2022, 12:53 PM
lenin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
No Coppell is the bigger problem

Unread 05-11-2022, 01:29 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I £#%&!ing love Andrew Cole and I don't hate dogs or womens football, I just don't care about them, as said above if women like playing and girls/women/parents get something out of it fair play, but to try and present these lot as the equivalent of Robbo and Eric is just a piss take.

Unread 05-11-2022, 01:31 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenin
I suppose that could have ticked another box

Unread 05-11-2022, 01:42 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenin
Stevie, Stevie Coppeii, Stevie Coppell on the wing......... Gordan Hill King of the #@&%!erneys.....great days

Wonder if he was asked or the marketing dick, who puts unknown women in the pick, had just never heard of him

Unread 05-11-2022, 04:02 PM
Denis Irwell

Then there was the Best of the lot

Unread 05-11-2022, 07:49 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven

Unread 12-11-2022, 07:56 PM
dunk

Just been informed the girl on the extreme right in the pic goes to school with my daughter and is a friend of hers. Seriously highly rated apparently
Closed Thread