United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-11-2022, 03:11 PM
My Name is Heath

Default It's coming home!

England Squad announced.

Goalkeepers: Jordan Pickford ( Everton ), Nick Pope (Newcastle), Aaron Ramsdale ( Arsenal )

Defenders: Harry Maguire (Man Utd), John Stones (Man City), Kyle Walker (Man City), Luke Shaw (Man Utd), Kieran Trippier (Newcastle), Trent Alexander-Arnold ( Liverpool ), Eric Dier ( Tottenham ), Conor Coady (Everton), Ben White (Arsenal)

Midfielders: Declan Rice ( West Ham ), Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Mason Mount ( Chelsea ), Kalvin Phillips (Man City), James Maddison ( Leicester ), Conor Gallagher (Chelsea)

Attackers: Harry Kane (Tottenham), Phil Foden (Man City), Raheem Sterling (Chelsea), Marcus Rashford (Man Utd), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Jack Grealish (Man City), Callum Wilson (Newcastle)

No major surprises but I think that's as good as squad as he's going to get.

No Sancho
No Lingard
No AWB
No Gomez

Minor issues. None of them would have made the difference between winning it (which we will) and not winning it (which we won't).

Unread 10-11-2022, 03:14 PM
Finport Red

I’ve changed my mind after seeing that. I WILL watch the World Cup!! how can England not win with almost exactly the same squad that hasn’t been good enough for the last few years?

Unread 10-11-2022, 03:17 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
I’ve changed my mind after seeing that. I WILL watch the World Cup!! how can England not win with almost exactly the same squad that hasn’t been good enough for the last few years?
Ah - that's because the other teams EXPECTED England to change and so by not changing, that's going to bamboozle them #melchettlogic

Unread 10-11-2022, 03:18 PM
Big Norm

Piss poor squad in all honesty.

Unread 10-11-2022, 03:19 PM
My Name is Heath

Goalkeepers: Jordan Pickford ( Everton )

Defenders: John Stones (Man City), Ben White (Arsenal), Luke Shaw (Man Utd), Kieran Trippier (Newcastle),
Midfielders: Declan Rice ( West Ham ), Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), James Maddison ( Leicester ),

Attackers: Harry Kane (Tottenham), Phil Foden (Man City), Raheem Sterling (Chelsea),

is the best XI for me lads.

There.

I've said it.

Unread 10-11-2022, 03:19 PM
Rorschach

"meh"

Unread 10-11-2022, 03:22 PM
puressence

No Henderson and Jesse 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Unread 10-11-2022, 03:24 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Ah - that's because the other teams EXPECTED England to change and so by not changing, that's going to bamboozle them #melchettlogic

Unread 10-11-2022, 03:33 PM
thatsfuctit

Hasn’t Phillips played about 30 seconds all season?

Unread 10-11-2022, 03:39 PM
wiganste

£#%&! England

Unread 10-11-2022, 03:45 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
£#%&! England
You still not feeling well on the 21st?

Unread 10-11-2022, 03:47 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
29 seconds more than slabhead. Don’t watch much of England but I’ve been told slab plays well for them . Still blows the theory of players having to play for their domestic teams to get called up

Unread 10-11-2022, 03:51 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
:

Yeah but Southgate only picks players on form apparently. Maguire as well:

I’d agree with heather’s 11 swapping sterling for Mount. But there’s not a chance the manager will go with so many positive players. Central defence is terrible as well.

Unread 10-11-2022, 03:53 PM
My Name is Heath

to think...Steve Bruce got 0 caps and Steve Bould got 2.

They'd be untouchable as a CB partnership in this era.

Unread 10-11-2022, 04:08 PM
Baron

Absolutely shit.

& Southgate still managing - will be shocked if they get past the first knockout game.

Unread 10-11-2022, 04:35 PM
Pop

State of the headlines....

The Lions ready to ROAR in the desert! Gareth Southgate names his England squad heading to the World Cup in Qatar - including James Maddison, Marcus Rashford and Conor Coady... with WAGs set to stay on luxury £1BN cruise liner during tournament.

Unread 10-11-2022, 04:41 PM
Zorg

I'd say Sancho is a shock but it's not is it. He's crap.

Unread 10-11-2022, 05:06 PM
Mr_Ed

Southgate is an international equivalent of Ole.. poor game management and tactically inferior.

If we get out of the groups we'll go out in the round of 128 or whatever it is and hopefully he'll be sacked.

Unread 10-11-2022, 05:09 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
State of the headlines....

The Lions ready to ROAR in the desert! Gareth Southgate names his England squad heading to the World Cup in Qatar - including James Maddison, Marcus Rashford and Conor Coady... with WAGs set to stay on luxury £1BN cruise liner during tournament.
One or more of them would 100% get arrested if they stayed on the mainland

Unread 10-11-2022, 05:21 PM
lenin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Southgate is an international equivalent of Ole.. poor game management and tactically inferior.

If we get out of the groups we'll go out in the round of 128 or whatever it is and hopefully he'll be sacked.
If you offered me a choice of Ole and Southgate. I would take Ole every single day of the week.

Southgate is a painfully dour and negative fraud. He’s the perfect clean-cut yes man for the FA. Otherwise he’d be getting Middlesbrough relegated. Which is where he belongs.

I’m team Louis in the World Cup
Closed Thread