United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-06-2013, 09:12 PM
Der Kaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Assuming Cavani goes anywhere but there and Lewandowski stays in Germany, I can't think who they can sign. They're 2 strikers down with mad Balo and Tevez gone and Dzeko looks like he's going, that's a whole lot less fire power
Jovetic.

Unread 25-06-2013, 09:14 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
City have £#%&!ed up here. Doubt they'll find a better striker on the market than Carlitos(that they are capable of attracting). I'm sure they could get the over the hill David Villa ahead of Spurs but he's a huge downgrade on Carlitos.

As for Juve, Fernando Llorente and Carlos Tevez(both 28) for a combined £10m. #speechless #value #headsgone
Tevez is 29, will be 30 halfway through next season saffers. I think City had no choice. I expect he made it clear when he came back after the golf vacation that he was leaving after the following season.

Unread 25-06-2013, 09:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Kaiser
Jovetic.
Not really a number 9 though is he?

Unread 25-06-2013, 09:19 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Tevez is 29, will be 30 halfway through next season saffers. I think City had no choice. I expect he made it clear when he came back after the golf vacation that he was leaving after the following season.
Nearly left in January 2012 didn't he? Milan being tightarses. Can see that coming back to haunt them big time next season when Carlitos lines up in black and white.

You're right but can't help but feel had he stayed and given a central role under Pellegrini he would have been vital for them. Then gone on a free next summer making a big wad of dough. Now there will be the trouble of finding someone as good as him and then the risk of whether that signing settles or not.

Unread 25-06-2013, 09:21 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Nearly left in January 2012 didn't he? Milan being tightarses. Can see that coming back to haunt them big time next season when Carlitos lines up in black and white.

You're right but can't help but feel had he stayed and given a central role under Pellegrini he would have been vital for them. Then gone on a free next summer making a big wad of dough. Now there will be the trouble of finding someone as good as him and then the risk of whether that signing settles or not.
Yep. Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted he's gone. He was the only one of that mob who seemed to have a serious personal desire to succeed. The rest just took the cash.

Unread 25-06-2013, 09:27 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Yep. Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted he's gone. He was the only one of that mob who seemed to have a serious personal desire to succeed. The rest just took the cash.
Definitely.

Not only did you lose Carlitos, you just gained your boy Gonzalo Higuain seeing as Juve presumably won't be signing 3 strikers this summer.

I will always have deep respect for Tevez, he is a winner, and a true champion. Good luck in Italy Carlitos.

Unread 25-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Aman27deep

Badbye from manchester.

Unread 25-06-2013, 09:31 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Assuming Cavani goes anywhere but there and Lewandowski stays in Germany, I can't think who they can sign. They're 2 strikers down with mad Balo and Tevez gone and Dzeko looks like he's going, that's a whole lot less fire power
I can think of another controversial South American not too far down the road who's a bit unsettled at the moment.

Unread 25-06-2013, 09:34 PM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
I can think of another controversial South American not too far down the road who's a bit unsettled at the moment.
You mean Henriquez?

That @#%&! Suarez.

Unread 25-06-2013, 09:36 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Imagine the shitstorm if we swapped Rooney for Suarez.

Unread 25-06-2013, 09:36 PM
Zorg

Quote:
I will always have deep respect for Tevez, he is a winner, and a true champion. Good luck in Italy Carlitos.
Yeah, he's not though is he. Can't think of many 'true champions' that decided they couldn't be arsed coming off the bench and £#%&!ed off to play golf on full pay. Apart from actual golfers of course.

Unread 25-06-2013, 09:39 PM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Imagine the shitstorm if we swapped Rooney for Suarez.
Liverpool fans would proudly accept a Liverpudlian

Unread 25-06-2013, 09:44 PM
saffers

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Yeah, he's not though is he. Can't think of many 'true champions' that decided they couldn't be arsed coming off the bench and £#%&!ed off to play golf on full pay. Apart from actual golfers of course.
Thanks for stealing an open goal ffs.

Unread 25-06-2013, 09:48 PM
92ToBury

Rooney to citeh back on?

Unread 25-06-2013, 09:52 PM
dragflick

Laters kettleneck...

Unread 25-06-2013, 09:56 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Thanks for stealing an open goal ffs.

Unread 26-06-2013, 01:08 AM
Part 36 Offer

they might go for suarez

Unread 26-06-2013, 01:13 AM
Neo

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
they might go for suarez
What a team of utter @#%&!s they're putting together, ffs.

Pogba, Tevez and Suarez. :shakehead:

Unread 26-06-2013, 01:27 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
What a team of utter @#%&!s they're putting together, ffs.

Pogba, Tevez and Suarez. :shakehead:
i mean't citeh felloh

Unread 26-06-2013, 01:48 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
i mean't citeh felloh
Cheers pol. Was just gonna Tweet 'Suarez to Juve' hashtag negotiationpending to my 13 followers. Could have caused an internet sensation.
Closed Thread