United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-06-2013, 02:08 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
..as ever, a hive of activity ! - let me guess ..lunch break ?!:shakehead:

We're paying for this you know.. we're £#%&!ing paying for this !
They're all lurking on the Thiago thread.

Unread 21-06-2013, 02:09 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
Not being daft but if I was having a do say a BBQ or something in the middle of August I wouldn't wait until end of June / beginning of July to relay the turf

Why didn't they rip the old pitch up back in may after the last game and give the new one time to bed in

I can imagine it now " hello this is MUFC we would like a new pitch ... When can you fit us in ..... 20% discount to have it done in July you say ? . "
They started the day after the legends match.

Unread 21-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Scabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
Not being daft but if I was having a do say a BBQ or something in the middle of August I wouldn't wait until end of June / beginning of July to relay the turf

Why didn't they rip the old pitch up back in may after the last game and give the new one time to bed in

I can imagine it now " hello this is MUFC we would like a new pitch ... When can you fit us in ..... 20% discount to have it done in July you say ? . "
Grass seed won't take in May, something to do with the barometric pressure - very poor germination. Optimal time to lay turf is June/July. That's exactly what happened to us in the 90s.

I made this up.

Unread 21-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Parlabane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
They started the day after the legends match.
Fair enough, but just seems daft to take a chance on the pitch to accommodate a meaningless friendly.

Unread 21-06-2013, 02:16 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
That geezer with the camera is probably doing a new photo shoot with the Sikhs.

"Give me some attitude, act like you own the gaff...lovely"

Unread 21-06-2013, 02:39 PM
IanStoreyLess

It's a Desso pitch (e.g. Wembley) and apparently it requires an "underlayer", which I suspect is what is pictured, through which they inject artificial turf fibres, then cover with sand and grass seed; it's Gas Mark 10 for 2 hours after that.

The new seeds grow through the underlayer and artificial fibres to knit together.

Result, one perfect, hard-wearing, and fast pitch, suitable for spaniards and one-legged Equadorians.

Unread 21-06-2013, 02:42 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanStoreyLess
It's a Desso pitch (e.g. Wembley) and apparently it requires an "underlayer", which I suspect is what is pictured, through which they inject artificial turf fibres, then cover with sand and grass seed; it's Gas Mark 10 for 2 hours after that.

The new seeds grow through the underlayer and artificial fibres to knit together.

Result, one perfect, hard-wearing, and fast pitch, suitable for spaniards and one-legged Equadorians.
Loving ISL

Unread 21-06-2013, 02:46 PM
Grimson

Quote:

Turf knowledge bomb from ISL.

Unread 21-06-2013, 02:57 PM
Scabs

Quote:

yhgr

Unread 21-06-2013, 03:01 PM
barca99

Same pitch as Wembley, we have done well there tbf

Unread 21-06-2013, 03:02 PM
Drexl

Quote:
through which they inject artificial turf fibres, then cover with sand and grass seed
Is this Wayne's new hair treatment?

Unread 21-06-2013, 03:08 PM
IanStoreyLess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Is this Wayne's new hair treatment?

It requires 20 million artificial fibres (the pitch, not Wayne's bonce).

United offered 15m.

Unread 21-06-2013, 03:34 PM
toseeunited

this vid explains it. they can either insert the artificial fibres after relaying turf or put them in first and then seed the pitch...

Unread 21-06-2013, 04:21 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
this vid explains it. they can either insert the artificial fibres after relaying turf or put them in first and then seed the pitch...
It's TWO AND A HALF MINUTES! Who am I, Johnny Got All Day?

(good video)

Unread 21-06-2013, 04:52 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
It's TWO AND A HALF MINUTES! Who am I, Johnny Got All Day?

(good video)
clever init

Unread 03-07-2013, 01:51 PM
Sloppy

Unread 03-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Scabs

That's one hell of a camber (is that the right word) around the pitch there...

Unread 03-07-2013, 01:58 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabs
That's one hell of a camber (is that the right word) around the pitch there...
yes. Adverse camber, I think. Goodison park is the worst I've seen for it. If you sat on the front row of the lower bullens you can only see players from the waist up, on the other side.

Unread 03-07-2013, 02:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Looks like they've missed a bit.

Unread 03-07-2013, 02:32 PM
IanStoreyLess

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Looks like they've missed a bit.
They might be going for astroturf along the edge there, covering the technical areas and the side where the subs warm up.

Or they have measured it all wrong, like the carpet in our box room, and they will need a set of wardrobes to cover it.
Closed Thread