United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-06-2013, 10:35 PM
taff

Default Mignolet to Liverpool

confirmed, 11 million.

on the guardian site it says he's the first belgian ever to play for them. considering the proliferation of belgian shit@#%&!s over the last twenty years, that surprises me.

anyway, more of this please.

Unread 25-06-2013, 10:36 PM
andyroo

He's a keeper, a dodgy keeper, he's Simon Mignolet
He's a keeper, a dodgy keeper, he's Simon Mignolet

A-Mignolet, a-Mignolet, a-Mignolet, a-Mignolet

Unread 25-06-2013, 10:37 PM
The Weeknd

Good keeper nqat

Unread 25-06-2013, 10:39 PM
The Return of JC

Decent. Nowt more. Yet another ridiculous fee paid.

I wonder which wildly inappropriate film poster they'll morph his face in to first.

Unread 25-06-2013, 10:44 PM
Zorg

I hope he realises the fans will have his wife's monthly cycle marked on their calendars.

Unread 25-06-2013, 10:46 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I hope he realises the fans will have his wife's monthly cycle marked on their calendars.
It's a compliment in Belgium.

Unread 25-06-2013, 10:53 PM
Tronics

He's a good keeper, strange he'd go there with Reina still no.1

Unless he's been given assurances otherwise

Unread 25-06-2013, 10:56 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics

Reina must be leaving....or they've spent 11m on a back up keeper. Either way is hilarious enough for me.

Unread 25-06-2013, 11:12 PM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Reina must be leaving....or they've spent 11m on a back up keeper. Either way is hilarious enough for me.
Reina is surely off to Barcelona next season?

or maybe this season!

Unread 26-06-2013, 12:45 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics

Brenton swears up and down he's there to add depth to the position. It's crazy if true. 11 million for a backup keeper? Or Reina on the bench at his wages? (He's one of the highest-paid keepers in the league).

Reina must be off. Mignolet is a good keeper but his distribution is miles behind Reina's. He's not a passer of the ball, just bludgeons it as far as he can, so that's an element of their play they'll lose. Considering how many times they gave the ball away at the back, though, it might be for the better.

Unread 26-06-2013, 01:14 AM
ScarFace

Never heard of him but i thought Sunderlands keeper was a guy Chelsea/Arsenal were looking at 2 seasons ago....who was that?

Unread 26-06-2013, 01:17 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Never heard of him but i thought Sunderlands keeper was a guy Chelsea/Arsenal were looking at 2 seasons ago....who was that?
Simon Mignolet.

You probably mean Craig Gordon, more like 4 years ago.

Unread 26-06-2013, 03:16 AM
Stickman

Reinas off then. 9M

Unread 26-06-2013, 09:17 AM
Ginners

not a bad signing for them tbh, was probably 3rd best keeper in the league last season

Unread 26-06-2013, 09:26 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Lots of people saying 11 million for a reserve keeper is madness but they paid 6 million for Chris Kirkland to warm their bench in 2006 and if you adjust that figure for inflation it's roughly the same.

Unread 26-06-2013, 09:28 AM
rafabio

Good shot stopper. So many quality belgian players now. Hope janujaz is showcasing his talent in premier league.

Unread 26-06-2013, 10:00 AM
Time For Heroes

I would imagine he has become the world's best keeper overnight? Along with their world-class CB's, world's best midfielder and world's best striker it's a wonder how they only manage to finish 6th or 7th in the league every season, their managers must be really shit....oh, hang on.

Unread 26-06-2013, 10:08 AM
rogieop

He's very good in fairness. He will be their number 1 whether reina stays or goes imo. Reina has been poor for a good while now. Brad Jones nearly took his place last year ffs!

Unread 26-06-2013, 11:18 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
I would imagine he has become the world's best keeper overnight? Along with their world-class CB's, world's best midfielder and world's best striker it's a wonder how they only manage to finish 6th or 7th in the league every season, their managers must be really shit....oh, hang on.
-Another very astute signing, something thats beginning to become common place at LFC now which is brilliant.

-Of all the signings we have made this summer so far, his is the one I am most excited about. Think he can become an absurd beast for us, something we have lacked in a keeper since raffa left

-

Unread 26-06-2013, 11:21 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
-Another very astute signing, something thats beginning to become common place at LFC now which is brilliant.

-Of all the signings we have made this summer so far, his is the one I am most excited about. Think he can become an absurd beast for us, something we have lacked in a keeper since raffa left

-
Oh my god Another table

Mignolet is decent but but not much more
Closed Thread