United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-02-2013, 08:12 AM
Sandman

Default Victor Wanyama

We should be aiming for better players than him, shouldn't we? looked like a Tiote type of midfielder, hopefully the rumours of our interest are bullshit.

Unread 13-02-2013, 09:09 AM
Liu Jian

The rumours of us being in for any midfielder are probably bullshit.

Unread 13-02-2013, 09:24 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Reminded me of the Djemba twins last night, big and string and willing to run but simply not that good.

Unread 13-02-2013, 10:56 AM
Barracuda

First time I've seen him and can't really say he impressed me either - he looked very unenergetic, barely breaking into a jog the whole game and very little movement.

Fair enough, that might be the role he has been instructed to do, to just sit in the middle of the field, not move too far away and keep it very simple - but box to box all action he certainly isn't. I'd like to think there's someone out there who offers a bit more...

Marchisio is much more the type of player I'd be looking for, more of an all-rounder.

Unread 13-02-2013, 10:57 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Reminded me of the Djemba twins last night, big and string and willing to run but simply not that good.
TBF we could do with a dirty twine in midfield.

Sorry. I embarrass myself.

Unread 13-02-2013, 10:59 AM
Aman27deep

Why will we sign a midfielder when we have Scholesy?

Unread 13-02-2013, 11:08 AM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda
First time I've seen him and can't really say he impressed me either - he looked very unenergetic, barely breaking into a jog the whole game and very little movement.

Fair enough, that might be the role he has been instructed to do, to just sit in the middle of the field, not move too far away and keep it very simple - but box to box all action he certainly isn't. I'd like to think there's someone out there who offers a bit more...

Marchisio is much more the type of player I'd be looking for, more of an all-rounder.
Word. He's been excellent every time I've watched him.

Unread 13-02-2013, 11:14 AM
S/Side.Red

I actually thought he looked very composed on the ball and wondered why Celtic didn't look to play through him a bit more. I think he looks a talent: great physical qualities but plays with his head up and generally makes good decisions with his passing. Extremely difficult to dispossess because he's quick, strong and carries the ball well. At only 21, I'd be very surprised if he doesn't get a big move in the summer.

Unread 13-02-2013, 12:12 PM
The Return of JC

He did look a Tiote type and we don't really sign players like that.

(Cue 'what, midfielders?' response)

Unread 13-02-2013, 12:15 PM
dunk

Be nice to have someone like him tonight

Unread 13-02-2013, 12:23 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Be nice to have someone like him tonight
No it wouldn't.

Unread 13-02-2013, 12:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
No it wouldn't.
Did alright against Bartha IIRC. Rather an actual midfielder than a Jones pretending to be.

Unread 13-02-2013, 12:30 PM
S/Side.Red

Don't see the Tiote comparison at all. Tiote is a headless chicken type: runs around a lot but is clumsy in the tackle and is careless and erratic in his passing. Wanyama is very composed for such a young player; takes time on the ball and plays with a lot more elegance.

Unread 13-02-2013, 12:52 PM
shenwen

nothing good comes out of scotland these days (sorry kev)

but who was the last player to make the journey to england and really make an impact? Most get quickly found out and end up in the championship

is samaras still a big deal in glasgow?

Unread 13-02-2013, 12:57 PM
saffers

Anyone who compares Wanyama to Tiote is 100% racist.

Unread 24-06-2013, 04:30 PM
nasss

going to southampton!?

Jim Proudfoot ‏@JimProudfoot 16m Another decent signing imminent at Southampton. Victor Wanyama has been superb at Celtic and will be excellent addition at #saintsfc

Unread 24-06-2013, 04:31 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasss
going to southampton!?

Jim Proudfoot ‏@JimProudfoot 16m Another decent signing imminent at Southampton. Victor Wanyama has been superb at Celtic and will be excellent addition at #saintsfc
huge signing for them, wouldnt have been out of place in our midfield

Unread 24-06-2013, 04:31 PM
nasss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
agreed. typical moyes #moyesout

Unread 24-06-2013, 04:50 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
Yes he would, he's good!

Unread 24-06-2013, 04:53 PM
RedMenace

He's useful enough but apparently our scout Jim Lawlor doesn't really rate him. I'd have him along with someone like Thiago.
Closed Thread