United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-10-2015, 09:13 PM
Baron

Football Mourinho decimated by Matthew Syed

£#%&!ing oof!

From The Times, absolutely skewered him, and difficult to refute. I'd maintain he should've replaced Fergie as he'd of simply continued in the same vein, & the WUM vs the Scousers etc would've been immense. But he's a calamity in his third season... NQAT.

Quote:
Over time, players grow embarrassed by manager’s attempts to foster siege mentality

In a recent report, McKinsey, the management consultancy, concluded that narrative is one of the most vital assets of any organisation. This may sound a bit soft and fuzzy, particularly from a sharp-edged corporate like McKinsey, but it tallies with modern psychological research as well as common sense.

In a recent report, McKinsey, the management consultancy, concluded that narrative is one of the most vital assets of any organisation. This may sound a bit soft and fuzzy, particularly from a sharp-edged corporate like McKinsey, but it tallies with modern psychological research as well as common sense.

Think of Manchester United under Sir Alex Ferguson. Read his books and you will note that Ferguson was always talking about what it meant to be a “United player”. It was about passion, work ethic and a grounding in the history of the club. He didn’t want pay-cheque performers. He wanted people who could demonstrate a deeper commitment.

Unread 07-10-2015, 09:20 PM
Kent Brockman

As articulated by Sir Bobby a few years ago, much to the annoyance of a few of the more short-sighted posters on here.

Unread 07-10-2015, 09:23 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Brockman
As articulated by Sir Bobby a few years ago, much to the annoyance of a few of the more short-sighted posters on here.
I had laser eye surgery

Unread 07-10-2015, 09:23 PM
Switching Off

Boom.

Moyes>Mourinho

Unread 07-10-2015, 09:26 PM
Ginners

who the £#%&! is Matthew Syed?

Unread 07-10-2015, 09:27 PM
Bunker Buster

On tours of workplaces I listen for pronouns

Unread 07-10-2015, 09:27 PM
teflon_terry

Syed is a brilliant writer. Might buy his books actually.

Unread 07-10-2015, 09:28 PM
RedMenace

How could you not know who he is Ginners?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Syed

Unread 07-10-2015, 09:32 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
How could you not know who he is Ginners?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Syed
some table tennis gimp eh?

state of the @#%&!

Unread 07-10-2015, 09:33 PM
armchair

Sorry but c&p articles from behind paywalls isn't allowed. In fact, c&p-ing entire articles isn't allowed unfortunately.

Unread 07-10-2015, 09:41 PM
dunk

That Sir Bobby, knows £#%&! all that bloke...

Unread 07-10-2015, 09:48 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
who the £#%&! is Matthew Syed?
A wiff-waff playing public school @#%&!.

Weren't people saying years ago that part of fergie's genius was the permanent siege mentality he fostered?

Unread 07-10-2015, 09:48 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Brockman
The same Sir Bobby who endorsed Moyes?

Unread 07-10-2015, 09:57 PM
teflon_terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
A wiff-waff playing public school @#%&!.

Weren't people saying years ago that part of fergie's genius was the permanent siege mentality he fostered?
I don't think he went to public school. Not that it matters you inverted snob.

Unread 07-10-2015, 10:51 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Sorry but c&p articles from behind paywalls isn't allowed. In fact, c&p-ing entire articles isn't allowed unfortunately.
BOO!!!

Unread 07-10-2015, 11:01 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
BOO!!!

There are companies and all they do is basically demand money from sites where their client's copyright articles have been reposted. At best, I'd get an email asking to remove the thread, at worst I don't notice it and then a couple of years later they say "you've profited from publishing our client's copyright work, give us £x or else we'll sue you and put you out of business."

Anyway, everyone knows mourinho has a short but wonderful shelf life. I blame Terry 100% though. He's a cancer.

Unread 07-10-2015, 11:09 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
There are companies and all they do is basically demand money from sites where their client's copyright articles have been reposted. At best, I'd get an email asking to remove the thread, at worst I don't notice it and then a couple of years later they say "you've profited from publishing our client's copyright work, give us £x or else we'll sue you and put you out of business."
Or a PM from Child of Darkness.

Unread 08-10-2015, 12:07 AM
Rhodzy

State of the presenters in this. :shakehead:

Unread 08-10-2015, 12:20 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by teflon_terry
I don't think he went to public school. Not that it matters you inverted snob.
Went to the same school as this lad. It's motto is in french ffs.

Can't imagine I'd enjoy reading his work though - how to succeed, mind of a winner, sports marketing for the bald etc. Sounds like something John Fashanu keeps next to the bog.

Unread 08-10-2015, 12:23 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
some table tennis gimp eh?

state of the c***
He came to my school once to do a demo.
not even sure what the point of it was but I remember him £#%&!ing up whilst trying to show off. IIRC he had a bit of a strop.
Closed Thread