United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-05-2016, 04:06 PM
tetrisblock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth

Hadn't even realised how ridiculous that sentence was when I typing it out!

Unread 15-05-2016, 07:19 PM
Harri Jaffa

Absolutely brilliant player - Much maligned by idiots and people that in the same breath suck off Pirlo

Unread 15-05-2016, 07:32 PM
S/Side.Red

Needs to be replaced whether he leaves or not. Nowhere near being capable of a place in the first eleven next season. Big call over the summer whether to trust Schneiderlin to step up or get top player in that role.

The team needs a new brain in the middle of the park though and Schneiderlin isn't that. Much work to do in the market.

Unread 15-05-2016, 07:34 PM
morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Absolutely brilliant player - Much maligned by idiots and people that in the same breath suck off Pirlo
Post. Scandalously wasted over the last decade by Ingland. Meanwhile Gareth Barry has made over a billion appearances

Unread 15-05-2016, 07:53 PM
waynes ear's

One of the greats

Unread 15-05-2016, 09:49 PM
Jez Quigley

Always used to love how his name is autocorrected to car sick.

Carsick

Unread 15-05-2016, 10:14 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Needs to be replaced whether he leaves or not. Nowhere near being capable of a place in the first eleven next season. Big call over the summer whether to trust Schneiderlin to step up or get top player in that role.

The team needs a new brain in the middle of the park though and Schneiderlin isn't that. Much work to do in the market.
it is possibly a bit left-field but i would be interested to see CBJ tried in that role, not as a straight replacement for carrick but just to see how he would develop. his crossing aside, he doesn't strike me as a natural full back and despite his general countenance i suspect he's quite bright technically. got a lovely left foot and an eye for a pass too.

Unread 15-05-2016, 10:17 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
it is possibly a bit left-field but i would be interested to see CBJ tried in that role, not as a straight replacement for carrick but just to see how he would develop. his crossing aside, he doesn't strike me as a natural full back and despite his general countenance i suspect he's quite bright technically. got a lovely left foot and an eye for a pass too.
Hiya Louis.

Unread 15-05-2016, 10:36 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Isn't he naturally a CB? I think I read he got pushed to left-back due to the emergence of Williams alongside Tuanzebe.

Seems a bit slow for a full-back. Hadn't noticed it until quite late on when he got burned a few times by a winger.

Unread 15-05-2016, 10:58 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Isn't he naturally a CB? I think I read he got pushed to left-back due to the emergence of Williams alongside Tuanzebe.

Seems a bit slow for a full-back. Hadn't noticed it until quite late on when he got burned a few times by a winger.
yeah, apparently so. doesn't really seem sturdy enough to me, but could see him at the back of midfield watching the space and picking out passes. possibly just because he's such a laid-back @#%&!

Unread 15-05-2016, 11:14 PM
sa7

Reckon Blind can be the long term successor in that role.

He's got the range of passing, vision and cool headed defensive abilities.

Unread 15-05-2016, 11:19 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Reckon Blind can be the long term successor in that role.

He's got the range of passing, vision and cool headed defensive abilities.
He does, but he's too slow and not physical enough for this league.

Unread 16-05-2016, 01:58 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Hiya Louis.

Unread 16-05-2016, 04:47 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
This, he's powder puff when pressed.

Unread 16-05-2016, 08:04 AM
magic_cantona

His legs have been gone for two years but he's been outstanding for us. Great footballer, but it's time.

Huge transfer window this summer. £#%&!ing dreading it.

Unread 16-05-2016, 08:05 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
His legs have been gone for two years but he's been outstanding for us. Great footballer, but it's time.

Agree with all of that

Unread 16-05-2016, 08:10 AM
jem

Quote:
yeah, apparently so. doesn't really seem sturdy enough to me, but could see him at the back of midfield watching the space and picking out passes. possibly just because he's such a laid-back @#%&!
like a third twin.

Unread 16-05-2016, 08:17 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
This, he's powder puff when pressed.
Really? Id say he's one of the few I back not to be pressed out of possession.

Stats back that up, too. When Schweinsteiger isn't playing Blind is on the ball more than any player in our team - including the midfielders! Yet he's the least dispossessed player in the team too. He's far too smart for most players who try to press him.

Don't think he struggles physically anywhere near as much as suggested either. He's been superbly coached through the ranks at Ajax to deal with his physical weaknesses. Most times he's caught out its through his own mistakes.

Unread 16-05-2016, 12:57 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Think he's perfectly capable of holding his own physically tbh. Lukaku has targeted him twice in recent months and both times he held his own. Besides, Carrick is hardly Roy Keane.

Same goes for his pace. When did you last see Carrick buzzing about at 100 mph?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

Is that a direct quote from The Top Secret Diary of Ed Woodward Aged 13 3/4?

Unread 30-05-2016, 06:45 PM
ScarFace

Signed a 1year deal according to Paddy on MUTV.

The host looked a bit like ...
"Paddy it's not been made official yet !....."
Closed Thread