United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-09-2015, 11:36 PM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Excluding every other consideration from the equation except performance this season, our front four should be Young left, Mata right, Herrera ten, Martial nine. End of £#%&!ing story...
Spot on.

Unread 30-09-2015, 11:38 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Excluding every other consideration from the equation except performance this season, our front four should be Young left, Mata right, Herrera ten, Martial nine. End of £#%&!ing story...
Young instead of Memph? Nah

Unread 30-09-2015, 11:38 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Drop him, put depay there and play pezza/young on the left.
depay is consistently worse than rooney.

Quote:
sadly, you are probably correct. depay has to be better than young, though.

Unread 30-09-2015, 11:39 PM
Billy Redface

He's been varying degrees of poor in every single game this season.

every. single. game.

he is playing solely on reputation now.

BT spent much of their coverage bewildered at why he wasn't taking the penalty even though he isn't the penalty taker anymore.

Unread 30-09-2015, 11:40 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Young instead of Depay? Nah
Depay should have to earn his spot just like the rest of them. He needs to learn to get his head up and stop giving the ball away. The post said using only performances this season as the criteria. Young still gives more to the team. I don't want that to be the case, it just is.

Unread 30-09-2015, 11:41 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
I don't get the memph hate*. All the frustration can be attributed to the fact he's new, in a new league and us aged 21. he's clearly talented and contributes plenty. always an outlet, keeps coming back for more and a constant threat. already bagged four goals and will get better and better.

* well, I do. it's because people are stupid.

Unread 30-09-2015, 11:42 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Depay should have to earn his spot just like the rest of them. He needs to learn to get his head up and stop giving the ball away. The post said using only performances this season as the criteria. Young still gives more to the team. I don't want that to be the case, it just is.
Disagree. Memph didn't play well tonight but I know what he can do and would start him every time over Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
I don't get the memph hate*. All the frustration can be attributed to the fact he's new, in a new league and us aged 21. he's clearly talented and contributes plenty. always an outlet, keeps coming back for more and a constant threat. already bagged four goals and will get better and better.

* well, I do. it's because people are stupid.
Agreed.

Unread 30-09-2015, 11:43 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair

I feel like he's become a utility player.
Are they not supposed to be useful?

Unread 30-09-2015, 11:45 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
he gives more in terms of maturity, the ability to track back and make the right decisions....but he's far less of a threat and nowhere near as likely to score or create something out of nothing, so whether he'd contribute more to the team remains debatable.

he's frustrating, but he hardly needs dropping. id agree if he brought nothing to the side, but he brings plenty.

and he's a winger. they all £#%&! up and give the ball away.

Unread 30-09-2015, 11:45 PM
armchair

Don't get the depay hate no more that I got the ronaldo or giggs hate when they were developing.

Unread 30-09-2015, 11:46 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
I don't get the memph hate
Memphis bells.

Unread 30-09-2015, 11:47 PM
utd99

Quote:
Disagree. Memph didn't play well tonight but I know what he can do and would start him every time over Young.
It's not about what he can do, it's about what he does do. If he starts performing to his potential, the form we bought him for, then fine. At the moment he is giving the ball away far too much and running into corridors because his head is always down; and he doesn't do as much grunt work for the team as Young does. I'll concede that if he is to become attuned he has to play, but he also has to earn his spot. Anything else is unfair.

Unread 30-09-2015, 11:47 PM
Billy Redface

Thumbs up

Quote:
Don't get the depay hate no more that I got the ronaldo or giggs hate when they were developing.
.absolutely.

ronaldo was MUCH more frustrating than this.

Unread 30-09-2015, 11:49 PM
utd99

Quote:
It's not hate. Any criticism could be dressed up as hate tbh. We see it we should say it. They earn a lot of money doing their dream job representing us. The down side is that they will be judged. Unlucky.

Unread 30-09-2015, 11:49 PM
ScarFace

what would we miss if rooney left? he'd be easily replaceable with a better player.....jesus we have some at the club already

Unread 30-09-2015, 11:52 PM
ZiggyStardust

Memphis is a huge goal threat which Young isn't

Again tonight he's end product wasn't great but he was a constant threat especially with his movement
Once he went off we really struggled as we had no out ball

Unread 30-09-2015, 11:54 PM
utd99

To be clear, I would probably continue to pick Depay also, but the post said 'excluding all other considerations except performances this year'. Given that, Young should start, and Depay win his place back. Hooking Depay at half time against Liverpool and sticking Young on won us that game. That shouldn't be the case.

Unread 30-09-2015, 11:56 PM
sa7

£#%&!ing Rooney, he could murder van Gaal's children in the centre circle and he still wouldn't get taken off :shakehead:

atticusgrinch

Quote:
Memphis has already scored as many goals as Young has in the last 3 seasons ffs.

It's this kind of £#%&!wittery that had united fans moaning about Ronaldo for years.

tetrisblock

Would Rooney be best off in a midfield three? Last season he played more in a 2 man mid-field, as a sitting type player when in midfield. He'd get more space there and with an actual defined role, he could possibly adapt a bit better. His touch and lack of precision is not suited to player as a number 10, but he does have the technical skills and physicality to play in midfield, but not in a two. Playing in a three could give him that bit more freedom.

Van Gaal can clearly see it, the idea that we know more on here than LVG is laughable. We saw Van Gaal give him a %@#$&!ing on the sideline during the Southampton game. Rooney started the season as our main striker and as soon as martial arrived and was better suited, Rooney is no loner our first choice striker. Wasn't afraid to let RVP go either!
Closed Thread