United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-04-2023, 06:35 PM
dunk

Exclamation Undr the Cosh - Rod Thornley

Brother of Ben, masseuse for 20 years at United.

Best one yet. Top listen.

Unread 19-04-2023, 11:08 AM
believe

Lasted about twenty seconds more than a recent top gear I stumbled across. I doubt he’s that interesting but would have been nice to hear some stories had they let him speak.

“So I was a lifeguard”
“Wahay!! Did you wear a yellow shirt?….ding dang doo!!!’…. Four cans 16 quid!!!”
“Like I was saying I was at the pool…”
“No petting!!!……no diving!!!!! Hahahaha garlic bread!!!! Four cans 16 quid!!!!!!!….”

Unread 19-04-2023, 01:35 PM
dunk

All the stories come after that, funnily enough.

Loads of Rooney content…

Unread 19-04-2023, 01:40 PM
believe

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
All the stories come after that, funnily enough.

Loads of Rooney content…
I’ll give another go. I was at the MOT place and annoyed anyway so that first five minutes sent me over the edge.

Unread 19-04-2023, 01:43 PM
sweetleftfoot

The interviewers are shockingly bad. Jon Parkin is a typical fat Yorkshire mess.

Once Thornley is let to go he is funny and has great stories. Rooney on Alpay is brilliant.

Unread 19-04-2023, 01:51 PM
dunk

Parkin is a bit of an arsehole tbh. I enjoy the guests and endure him. He’s occasionally funny/smart. Can see why he didn’t make the most of his career though, lazy, greedy bastard and a bully by the sounds of it.

The other 2 are alright. The mackem isn’t the sharpest, top red though. The other one tries his best to make it professional but succumbs eventually.

Unread 19-04-2023, 01:51 PM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Parkin is a bit of an arsehole tbh. I enjoy the guests and endure him. He’s occasionally funny/smart. Can see why he didn’t make the most of his career though, lazy, greedy bastard and a bully by the sounds of it.
Some of the episodes are a great listen, and an insight into the mindsets of players and workings of clubs.

There is one with Malcolm Christie that is a real tough listen in parts. The Peter Swann one recently is also very good.

The other two are much more listenable than Parkin.

Unread 19-04-2023, 02:08 PM
dunk

Parkin is only arsed about the childish shit, money and being on the piss. There’s been a few times a person is giving proper insight and he’s on about Christmas do’s and pre-season piss ups

There’s been a few that give a new outlook on how players are affected just in general, and how vicious it is. Managers are a nightmare.

Unread 19-04-2023, 02:13 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Lasted about twenty seconds more than a recent top gear I stumbled across. I doubt he’s that interesting but would have been nice to hear some stories had they let him speak.

“So I was a lifeguard”
“Wahay!! Did you wear a yellow shirt?….ding dang doo!!!’…. Four cans 16 quid!!!”
“No petting!!!……no diving!!!!! Hahahaha garlic bread!!!! Four cans 16 quid!!!!!!!….”

Will have a listen to this at some point.

I watched the Mick Harford one the other day and didn't realise he was from Newcastle. Always presumed he was from London. Decent listen tbf

Unread 19-04-2023, 03:31 PM
est.1878

Quote:

“So I was a lifeguard”
“No petting!!!……no diving!!!!! Hahahaha garlic bread!!!! Four cans 16 quid!!!!!!!….

Unread 19-04-2023, 06:40 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Quote:

“So I was a lifeguard”
“No petting!!!……no diving!!!!! Hahahaha garlic bread!!!! Four cans 16 quid!!!!!!!….
Very close to bad repping this abomination of a quote…

Unread 19-04-2023, 08:39 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic

Very close to bad repping this abomination of a quote…
I wouldn't blame you. but if you knew I'm single handed phone typing to the right of a laptop screen appearing to maintain full focus on a meeting then maybe you will refrain. That sentence reads hideously tho so feel free to BR that

Edit - another one. Pit me...

Unread 19-04-2023, 09:21 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
I wouldn't blame you. but if you knew I'm single handed phone typing to the right of a laptop screen appearing to maintain full focus on a meeting then maybe you will refrain. That sentence reads hideously tho so feel free to BR that

Edit - another one. Pit me...
Genuinely makes me angry, that.
Closed Thread