He probably thought he’d get a game

Unread 21-04-2022, 09:47 AM
Neo

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
£#%&!ing hell.

DoF joining in with training.

Can you imagine the same happening at City?

Must be a tradition at United to have some useless Jock member of the backroom staff joining in with first-team sessions.

Unread 21-04-2022, 10:28 AM
shenwen

Why's he even sitting on the bench? Should be in the stands with the rest of the leeches.

Unread 21-04-2022, 10:30 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
He probably thought he’d get a game
Well if Matic can..

Unread 21-04-2022, 10:31 AM
Coracao

Don't really understand the grief that Fletcher gets, always came across as a good bloke.

Though it probably needs to be made clear what hid actual job is, but that's the case for a few.

Unread 21-04-2022, 10:34 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Don't really understand the grief that Fletcher gets, always came across as a good bloke.

Though it probably needs to be made clear what hid actual job is, but that's the case for a few.
I’d agree. Seems to have picked up a strand that was missing as he moved to the bench to help Carrick and just stayed there. The move for ETH and apparent revolution is coming from somewhere, there’s a fair chance Fletcher is heavily involved in it.

Unread 21-04-2022, 10:43 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I’d agree. Seems to have picked up a strand that was missing as he moved to the bench to help Carrick and just stayed there. The move for ETH and apparent revolution is coming from somewhere, there’s a fair chance Fletcher is heavily involved in it.
well now Carrick has gone, he needs to £#%&! off as well.

No idea what role he would play with ETH. Maybe because I don't know what role he plays now or, more importantly, what role he is actually qualified to play.

Unread 21-04-2022, 10:49 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
well now Carrick has gone, he needs to £#%&! off as well.

No idea what role he would play with ETH. Maybe because I don't know what role he plays now or, more importantly, what role he is actually qualified to play.

More of a role than the 2 American halfwits he brought in? The club probably looked at the calibre of coach coming in and thought it best they left Fletch there to keep an eye on them.

Unread 21-04-2022, 11:01 AM
Ethers

Part of the problem at United is having too many “good blokes” staying around, without bringing much else to the table.

Unread 21-04-2022, 11:16 AM
ZiggyStardust

Even Ralf has said he doesn't know what his role is at the club and he's sitting beside him on the bench shouting his own instructions to the players

It really only just further emphasizes the utterly shambolic way the club currently operates
And he's meant to be part of the solution to our chronic decline

Anyone with hope for things to improve in the near future are deluding themselves

Unread 21-04-2022, 11:22 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Part of the problem at United is having too many “good blokes” staying around, without bringing much else to the table.
We need a break from the Sir Alex era. It's gone, let's move on and grow with a new era. Shed the old ways, remove Fergie's influence. We cannot be shackled by how things were done in the 90s and 00s now we're in the 20s. Next season will see 10 years without a title. We have to evolve and shake the shambles of Woodward's stewardship as well.

Unread 21-04-2022, 12:04 PM
shenwen

Quote:
More of a role than the 2 American halfwits he brought in? The club probably looked at the calibre of coach coming in and thought it best they left Fletch there to keep an eye on them.
No, not at all. The coaches brought in were brought in to be...coaches. maybe not the best but at least they had some experience and a specific job description. What qualifications does Fletcher have to be keeping an eye on anyone?

Fletcher hanging around like a spare part is indicative of where we are at the moment - an absolute mess with the board still wallowing in nostalgia for the Fergie era and the club's "DNA".

Unread 21-04-2022, 12:16 PM
dunk

I think you’ll find Fletch has all his coaching badges and was working as a coach with the reserves and whatnot in the past. So probably more qualified than the yanks tbh.

Unread 21-04-2022, 01:55 PM
shenwen

Quote:
I think you’ll find Fletch has all his coaching badges and was working as a coach with the reserves and whatnot in the past. So probably more qualified than the yanks tbh.
That's all great, but is he even on the coaching staff? Thought not.

And who are these yanks you keep referencing? Chris Armas? I'm pretty sure he has some fancy badges too, and has actually managed teams (albeit not that well) rather than a bunch of 14 and 15 year olds.

If it was Keane or someone, I'd let it pass, but Darren £#%&!ing Fletcher? I think I'm just pissed off that he had a go at a supporter who pays his wages. Needs to keep his gob shut and count his blessings that someone decided to over-promote him.

Unread 21-04-2022, 01:59 PM
dunk

I’ve no problem with you being pissed off he had a go at a supporter, but to say he has less place on a United bench than Chris £#%&!ing Amas or whoever is absurd.

Unread 21-04-2022, 02:12 PM
shenwen

Quote:
I’ve no problem with you being pissed off he had a go at a supporter, but to say he has less place on a United bench than Chris £#%&!ing Amas or whoever is absurd.
No it's not. Unless you think playing for United ten years ago should get you on the bench over the actual assistant manager.

And I'm not saying Armas should be there either. Just that Fletcher even less so. Maybe we should have the Glazers sat on the bench as well. The coaching staff can watch the game on the monitors in the tunnel.

Unread 21-04-2022, 02:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
No it's not. Unless you think playing for United ten years ago should get you on the bench over the actual assistant manager.

And I'm not saying Armas should be there either. Just that Fletcher even less so. Maybe we should have the Glazers sat on the bench as well. The coaching staff can watch the game on the monitors in the tunnel.
He’s been at the club since he retired, coaching and whatnot

Unread 21-04-2022, 03:08 PM
Joe Biden

Fletcher vs armas having a mid off

Unread 21-04-2022, 03:57 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Big Erik and Fletch

“Hag n Daz”

Unread 21-04-2022, 04:02 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai