United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-09-2013, 09:23 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Football World Record Signings!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_f...ransfer_record

was just thinking about this on the jacks.

kaka (fitting) cost a world record 56m and was a complete flop. If ronaldo wasn't signed that year it would be held aloft like a... floating circus that it is.

something to think about.

ps who the £#%&! is Gianluigi Lentini? exactly.

Unread 06-09-2013, 09:26 PM
dunk

Decent player Lentini, right winger. Was in a bad car crash not long after moving IIRC.

Unread 06-09-2013, 09:30 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Decent player Lentini, right winger. Was in a bad car crash not long after moving IIRC.

First words that came into my head.

'Lentini....car crash'

Unread 06-09-2013, 09:31 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He was a @#%&! to shift on Championship Manager Italia as well.

Malingering bastard.

Unread 06-09-2013, 09:46 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

feel a bit of an arse now giving him stick.

Unread 06-09-2013, 10:04 PM
Arnold Muhren

That Lentini deal was the Bebe deal of its day, aka dodgy as £#%&!. I'm sure the mafia were involved. He was decent but nowhere near world transfer record level.

Unread 06-09-2013, 11:10 PM
red in cumbria

The mafia shurely doesn't explain Steve Daley, though

Unread 06-09-2013, 11:13 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_f...ransfer_record

was just thinking about this on the jacks.

kaka (fitting) cost a world record 56m and was a complete flop. If ronaldo wasn't signed that year it would be held aloft like a... floating circus that it is.

something to think about.

ps who the £#%&! is Gianluigi Lentini? exactly.
£#%&!ing Newcastle and Real Betis.

Unread 06-09-2013, 11:21 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
That Lentini deal was the Bebe deal of its day, aka dodgy as £#%&!. I'm sure the mafia were involved. He was decent but nowhere near world transfer record level.
He wasn't an unknown but at that stage milan were signing players not so they'd play for them but because they wouldn't be able to play for anyone else imo. Superb team but that tactic was shameless.

Unread 06-09-2013, 11:23 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He wasn't an unknown but at that stage milan were signing players not so they'd play for them but because they wouldn't be able to play for anyone else imo. Superb team but that tactic was shameless.
Certainly not unique to them, tbf - though it is something that United have never (to their credit) really done.

Unread 06-09-2013, 11:25 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Certainly not unique to them, tbf - though it is something that United have never (to their credit) really done.
I can't think of many teams who sign players they don't need just so their rivals don't get them tbh. I suppose it happens to a certain degree with teams at the top but milan took it to another level. To me it seemed like rangers tactics in a league that that sort of shit shouldn't be happening.

Unread 06-09-2013, 11:27 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
I can't think of many teams who sign players they don't need just so their rivals don't get them tbh. I suppose it happens to a certain degree with teams at the top but milan took it to another level.
Rangers (and Celtic to a lesser degree) used to do it in Scotland. Real Madrid in recent years, too - though they really are a law unto themselves

Unread 06-09-2013, 11:46 PM
pc6090

£#%&!ing loved Lentini proper winger. Italian football on Channel 4 sas greag at the time

Unread 07-09-2013, 12:26 AM
Switching Off

Lentini. £#%&!ing hell, he was £#%&!ing garbage. As good as Anderson, if anything.

Unread 07-09-2013, 08:26 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
I can't think of many teams who sign players they don't need just so their rivals don't get them tbh. I suppose it happens to a certain degree with teams at the top but milan took it to another level. To me it seemed like rangers tactics in a league that that sort of shit shouldn't be happening.
Chelsea did it with Mikel and Ballack.

Unread 07-09-2013, 08:31 AM
HERTS_RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Chelsea did it with Mikel and Ballack.
They're still doing it now http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/fc...erein_631.html. Weren't the rules supposed to changing to stop clubs buying players then loaning out for years in end

Unread 07-09-2013, 08:32 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Lentini. £#%&!ing hell, he was £#%&!ing garbage. As good as Anderson, if anything.
Post crash maybe. He was very handy though, agreed that maybe not worth world transfer record but still a very good player.

Unread 07-09-2013, 09:46 AM
ziggyman17

george weah.. was about 50 when he signed for milan, probabaly the highest transfer fee ever paid for a 50 year old....

although he scored this class goal..

Unread 07-09-2013, 09:56 AM
Chipsauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc6090
£#%&!ing loved Lentini proper winger. Italian football on Channel 4 sas greag at the time
Lentini was cracking player before his crash tbf. Was never right in the head or physically after that
Closed Thread