United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-02-2018, 07:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
could say the same about the whole £#%&!ing team
Yes, in many ways he is the present United in microcosm.

Unread 01-02-2018, 07:22 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Good video that. Easy to forget how good he was.
Great player Lineker. Would have been loved at OT.

Unread 01-02-2018, 09:22 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Got no stats to back this up but I'm sure he's scored a load of goals in recent weeks in the closing stages of games when his team are already winning.

He's a minnow basher. Now arguably that is what we need but f*** it....I'd prefer a striker with a little more class in his game than padding his stats against tired defences. Zlatan's got a lot of criticism on here and in general for his lack of contribution in games but at least he's got a great touch and hold up play. Those are two weaknesses in Lukaku and with opponents dropping off against Utd they will come to fore more often than he finds at Everton.
From 15/04/17.....

Guy's not even minnow bashing anymore. 4 goals in last 16 PL games...equal with Arsenal defender Nacho Monreal in the same period never mind Harry £#%&!ing Kane.

Unread 02-02-2018, 11:48 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
He can't hold the ball up
He doesn't rise to the occasion
He's shit with his back to goal

The only surprise is that I expected him to be more clinical.
What tune?

Unread 02-02-2018, 11:49 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Monkey
He needs time and he's stiil young. He's in a new team that constatnly changes line up's sometimes bewilderingly. He has no established partnership up front to form a good understanding with. In my opinion he should start every game along with Martial up front. I think he will benefit massively with Sanchez here as was evident on Wed when he got in some great positions that unfortunately just landed awkwardly for him. He has amazing power and pace and can intimidate defenders. Mourinho's line up on Wed was a clusterf*** of contradictions with several players seemingly all trying to do the same thing up top because of it. The boss needs to stop f***ing around with the line up and let the players get used to playing together in the same positions week in week out in the bigger, more important matches. Yes he does score against weaker teams but look at our record against the top clubs in the league it's shocking and that is not all his fault. Mourinho and a lot of other players have a lot to answer for for that as well. With the right set-up and a settled consistent line up he will be great!

The side doesn't change much.

You could have guessed that starting eleven the other night and I don't remember too many people disappointed with it.

De Gea
Valencia
Jones

Pogba
Mata
Lingard

Lukaku
Sanchez

Are all guaranteed starters in any best Mourinho 11. Young and Martial arent far off either.

It's what they're doing when they're there, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
What tune?
Stone Roses: Made of Stone

Unread 02-02-2018, 11:52 AM
dunk

Quote:
The side doesn't change much.

You could have guessed that starting eleven the other night and I don't remember too many people disappointed with it.

De Gea
Valencia
Jones

Pogba
Mata
Lingard

Lukaku
Sanchez

Are all guaranteed starters in any best Mourinho 11. Young and Martial arent far off either.

It's what they're doing when they're there, imo.

Stone Roses: Made of Stone
You spelled Matic horribly, horribly wrong...

Unread 02-02-2018, 11:54 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
You spelled Matic horribly, horribly wrong...

Unread 02-02-2018, 11:54 AM
dunk

Quote:

Unread 02-02-2018, 11:55 AM
Billy Redface

Thumbs up

Quote:

Meant Matic ofcourse

Unread 02-02-2018, 11:59 AM
Stone Monkey

Shaw should have started on Wed and have that place nailed down.

Unread 02-02-2018, 12:01 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
One of my better moments, bringing that gif into the mainstream on Fred

Unread 02-02-2018, 01:00 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Shaw should have started on Wed and have that place nailed down.
Possibly.

A toss up imo. Young had been playing well.

Certainly no more than 4 positions of the 11 you couldn't nail down as certain starters

Unread 02-02-2018, 01:24 PM
utd99

Quote:
Possibly.

A toss up imo. Young had been playing well.

Certainly no more than 4 positions of the 11 you couldn't nail down as certain starters
He’d been playing well for a converted winger, same as Valencia. This situation will always have the potential to backfire though, and is not the way forward. There’s a real danger with too many of our squad that a few good games or decent run of form will encourage people to conclude they’re good enough when really they aren’t.

Form is temporary etc, etc...

Unread 02-02-2018, 01:26 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Huh? Lingard played him in for a one on one and he backheeled to nobody
Wouldn't kill him to make a chance for himself, either.

Unread 02-02-2018, 01:32 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Huh? Lingard played him in for a one on one and he backheeled to nobody
He was taken too far wide and £#%&!ed up the layoff.

Quote:
No, but that's a double edged sword, on the one hand the service he's getting is poor because our attacking plan and cohesion is poor, that said, his movement, or lack of it, helps no one, if he just stands next to the CB all night, of course he's going to struggle, especially with his touch.

It's not just him though, I lost count of the number of times we had the ball facing the final third (on the occasions Spurs didn't foul us to ensure we didn't get there btw) and all the players ahead of the ball were stood still or moving away from the man in possession. It was diabolical, and it's been like that for £#%&!ing ages.
If you look at how he played for Everton, he often did that, had the ball played in to feet, rolled his man and bullied his way in on goal. If we're not playing to his strengths, then either need to change the way we play or who we put on the pitch.

I believe that we've got a good squad and the table suggests it too; I just don't think Mourinho has figured out the best 11 to put out against each team, which Fergie had mastered by the end. Was it 2011 where they reckon he'd have won the title whichever of the top four teams he'd have been in charge of?

Unread 02-02-2018, 01:36 PM
Stone Monkey

This should help steady the ship, Bailly anyway.

Unread 02-02-2018, 01:40 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
This should help steady the ship, Bailly anyway.

Both should help; taking Lukaku out of the firing line may work wonders for him, especially if it means we get to see what Sanchez and Zlatan can do together.

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
He was taken too far wide and £#%&!ed up the layoff.

If you look at how he played for Everton, he often did that, had the ball played in to feet, rolled his man and bullied his way in on goal. If we're not playing to his strengths, then either need to change the way we play or who we put on the pitch.

I believe that we've got a good squad and the table suggests it too; I just don't think Mourinho has figured out the best 11 to put out against each team, which Fergie had mastered by the end. Was it 2011 where they reckon he'd have won the title whichever of the top four teams he'd have been in charge of?
Maybe, but Sanchez (19/20 years old? better than all our CB's, except possibly Bailey) and Vertonghen absolutely dominated him physically, and aren't the first either, so he clearly needs to do something else.

andyroo

So basically we're letting him down because he got better service at Everton

£#%&! me

Unread 02-02-2018, 01:41 PM
dunk

Quote:
So basically we're letting him down because he got better service at Everton

£#%&! me
Closed Thread