United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-05-2017, 02:13 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Or Michael Keane and, say.. Jordan Pickford...?
Even then you'd be up against it Poggers, Rashford, Lingard, Tuanzebe, Johnstone, Keane, Pickford. not sure if TFM has done 3 years?

Would you say that had improved the squad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Jose already moaned about the squad being too large at the start of his tenure. Maybe not Jones from that list, possibly not Young (experienced head), but the rest and the amount of them makes sense if we've got just a few replacements - the first team needs to be more regular, so trim the squad size and replace quantity with quality.
First team needs to be more regular? £#%&!ing hell he's run some poor @#%&!s into the ground this year as it is.

Unread 09-05-2017, 02:17 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
First team needs to be more regular? £#%&!ing hell he's run some poor c***s into the ground this year as it is.
Have a regular first 11+subs for the premier league and European matches, and play a developmental/youth/recovery team for the other cup games and backup purposes. It's a no-brainer.

Unread 09-05-2017, 02:20 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
There is no way Smalling, Jones, Carrick. Rooney, Young, Shaw and Januzaj all leave in the same window, unless we've got 4 or 5 first team ready U21's we'd fail UEFA and EPL eligibility rules for English players in the squad.

We'd have to sign Welbeck and Cleverley back or some such %@#$&!s
Its funny that he spent the first half of the season saying he had a bloated squad, and the second half moaning about it being stretched too thin.

But I think the former complaint is the bigger issue for Mou. The latter is half mind game %@#$&!s and half a genuine whinge about the mentality of some of the snowflake £#%&!ers in the squad.

Meaning that he'll want to trim it down as well as dump some of the deadwood. I can see more outs than ins but a net gain in quality and testicular fortitude

Unread 09-05-2017, 02:29 PM
dunk

The squad went from being threadbare throughout last season, to bloated in August, back to threadbare by February I think we had 16 senior players for the bulk of last season, then about 28 come the start of this

It deffo needs t#@&%!, but Mourinho needs to stop flogging the same 14-16, as has been his MO since Madrid..

Unread 09-05-2017, 02:40 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The squad went from being threadbare throughout last season, to bloated in August, back to threadbare by February I think we had 16 senior players for the bulk of last season, then about 28 come the start of this

It deffo needs t#@&%!, but Mourinho needs to stop flogging the same 14-16, as has been his MO since Madrid..
He wants 22 plus Pereira as a third keeper I'd say. Plus maybe 2 youngsters in and about. Tuanzebe one, maybe Fosu makes the step up to the main roster

Keepers
1. ???
2. Romero

Defenders
1. Valencia
2. Bailly
3. Jones
4. Shaw
5. Darmian
6. Fosu
7. Blind
8. Rojo

Middies
1. Carrick
2. Pogba
3. Lingard
4. Fellaini
5. Mhkitaryan
6. Herrera
7. Mata
8. ????

Forwards
1. Martial
2. Rashford
3. Zlatan
4. ????

3 x kids on the fringe:
1. Pereira
2. Tuanzebe
3. Gribbin?

Unread 09-05-2017, 02:42 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
He wants 22 plus Pereira as a third keeper I'd say. Plus maybe 2 youngsters in and about. Tuanzebe one, maybe Fosu makes the step up to the main roster

Keepers
1. ???
2. Romero

Defenders
1. Valencia
2. Bailly
3. Jones
4. Shaw
5. Darmian
6. Fosu
7. Blind
8. Rojo

Middies
1. Carrick
2. Pogba
3. Lingard
4. Fellaini
5. Mhkitaryan
6. Herrera
7. Mata
8. ????

Forwards
1. Martial
2. Rashford
3. Zlatan
4. ????

3 x kids on the fringe:
1. Pereira
2. Tuanzebe
3. Gribbin?
Probably not far off, but I'd think you'd need to take out Jones, Carrick and Zlatan as well..

Unread 09-05-2017, 05:24 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Have a regular first 11+subs for the premier league and European matches, and play a developmental/youth/recovery team for the other cup games and backup purposes. It's a no-brainer.
Yes, as I said previously squad management is my main serious criticism of JM this season.

Unread 09-05-2017, 08:21 PM
Sparky***

Out: Rooney..

In: Nobody - transfer ban

Unread 09-05-2017, 09:08 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Carrick surely can't do another season. Middle of the park be like a scene from weekend at Bernie's ffs

Unread 09-05-2017, 11:07 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Yes because we are going to get one but none of the other BIG CLUBS who indulge in stuff at least as dodgy, if not more so.

Unread 10-05-2017, 01:27 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Now that would be funny. We'd really see what Jose was made of then...

Unread 10-05-2017, 03:58 PM
red in cumbria

I think on balance I would rather we were still allowed to sign people, tbh. Woowar or no woowar.

Unread 10-05-2017, 04:02 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I think on balance I would rather we were still allowed to sign people, tbh. Woowar or no woowar.
Closed Thread