saffers

Default Axel Tuanzebe...WOW

Just an obscene talent....

This is Mourinho's boy.

Mourinho: "Alexis will know his name"

Unread 07-05-2017, 06:27 PM
rebelcountyred

Thumbs up

Real positive, very assured display, next year he should get plenty of opportunities.

Unread 07-05-2017, 06:29 PM
Cream

Him and Bailly two parts of the jigsaw.

Blindingly obvious class.

Unread 07-05-2017, 06:30 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

This is Mourinho's boy.

Was solid. Owned Alexis several times.

Shame we didn't have another axel instead of that peabrain smalling

Unread 07-05-2017, 06:30 PM
saffers

The Scottish Player also quietly impressive in his 8 minutes.

Mourinho's minions

Unread 07-05-2017, 06:36 PM
Dasilvatwins

He is a CB by trade. Just assures me.more that jones and smalling can both £#%&! off in the summer. As he can be cover along side rojo.

Need a worldy cb signed though

Unread 07-05-2017, 06:37 PM
andyroo

Yeah he was all right. One for the future.

Unread 07-05-2017, 06:41 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
..... once he starts picking up Jones and Smallings habits

Hope not, obvs
Jones and Smalling are still here. Guess that makes us...

Unread 07-05-2017, 06:55 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

This is Mourinho's boy.

He's English too. We know Jose loves good English centre back.

Unread 07-05-2017, 06:57 PM
gav81

I wouldn't say he did anything special today and I don't recall him giving anything going forward but it was a good, composed, defensive performance.

Unread 07-05-2017, 06:59 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gav81
I wouldn't say he did anything special today and I don't recall him giving anything going forward but it was a good, composed, defensive performance.
Would you pick him if you were manager, Roy?

Unread 07-05-2017, 07:08 PM
AK14

Looked composed and actually backed himself to pass out from the back

Makes a change from watching Smalling and Jones shit themselves when ever the ball comes near them

Hopefully Mou will give him game time over the next few league games

What's happened to that Roshawn Williams btw? Was supposed to be a very good prospect not that long ago

Unread 07-05-2017, 07:16 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
He's English too. We know Jose loves good English centre back.
Well he was born in the DRC, but yeah

The real deal, hopefully.

Unread 07-05-2017, 07:40 PM
Tumescent Throb

the next tfm

Unread 07-05-2017, 07:43 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Looked composed and actually backed himself to pass out from the back

Makes a change from watching Smalling and Jones shit themselves when ever the ball comes near them

Hopefully Mou will give him game time over the next few league games

What's happened to that Roshawn Williams btw? Was supposed to be a very good prospect not that long ago
Williams has been injured for a few months I think

Unread 07-05-2017, 08:04 PM
waynes ear's

Kid played well

Unread 07-05-2017, 08:37 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
this..

..& this is why:

..when Smalling broke onto the scene, particularly in the game against City at Old Trafford we were all purring about him.
Now he gets absolute dogs abuse on a hysterical basis.
Tuanzebe did well today but I have absolutely no idea if he's going to be good enough long term.

* just to make clear. I want these lads to be picked. I want a team predominantly made up of players we've brought through the system.
Nobody will be more pleased than me if this kid, Rashford & 3 or 4 others are first choices in a successful United team.
Trouble I have with Smalling is he's never gone up a level, he still plays like a 21 year old kid? He should be the senior centre back now, but is a liability as today showed

Plus the way he absolutely shits it when the ball comes near him and that stupid robotic turn with the ball at his feet

No one knows how tuanzebe will turn out, but for a debut he did a lot right and looked a lot more composed than the two senior centre backs IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Williams has been injured for a few months I think
Ah, shit

Supposed to be a good prospect and like shit of a stick apparently?

Unread 07-05-2017, 08:43 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Trouble I have with Smalling is he's never gone up a level, he still plays like a 21 year old kid? He should be the senior centre back now, but is a liability as today showed

Plus the way he absolutely shits it when the ball comes near him and that stupid robotic turn with the ball at his feet

No one knows how tuanzebe will turn out, but for a debut he did a lot right and looked a lot more composed than the two senior centre backs IMO.
yeah exactly, that's my point.
We all thought Smalling looked a potential class act. ..but long term he's proved to be nothing more than a squad player.

I'm not being negative about Tuanzebe at all, I just have no idea how good he is until he's proved it consistently over 4 to 5 seasons.

Unread 07-05-2017, 08:48 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
yeah exactly, that's my point.
We all thought Smalling looked a potential class act. ..but long term he's proved to be nothing more than a squad player.

I'm not being negative about Tuanzebe at all, I just have no idea how good he is until he's proved it consistently over 4 to 5 seasons.
Yeah I do agree, although I'd say Tuanzabe all ready has better footballing skills than Smalling. He can actually pass and control the ball without looking like a pissed up raver attempting the robot.

Unread 07-05-2017, 08:58 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by gav81
Allow me to enlighten you: during the second half there was a quick succession of passes between AxelT, Rooney and Herrera. They were triangling the shit out of Arsenal, but it was tense. Boy was it tense.... Arsenal swooped!

Tuanzebabbar saw the danger and slotted a rapid pass to Herrera - who completely fluffed his lines. Why? Because the incredible, visionary Alex knew he had to put some weight on the pass to make it work, and poor, simple minded Ander couldn't comprehend.

So what happened to the loose ball, I hear you shriek. Well, Gavin, it went straight to an Arsenal attacker.

Fear not. Calmly but determinedly, young Alex reverted to his right back position and beasted £#%&! out of the situation.

I've seen all I need to see. You?
Closed Thread