United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: united's league position at the end of season 2016/17 will be...?
1st 62 63.27%
2nd 23 23.47%
3rd 9 9.18%
4th 2 2.04%
5th 1 1.02%
6th!!! 1 1.02%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 22-07-2016, 02:50 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
It's the second game of preseason you freak.
Seem to remember similar excuses being offered during Moyes' pre-season.

Unread 22-07-2016, 02:52 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
During Ferguson's tenure I used to think it bad luck if we played well in pre-season.

Unread 22-07-2016, 02:52 PM
andyroo

Quote:

The £#%&! are you like?

Unread 22-07-2016, 02:53 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
We beat Barca 3-1 this time last year and real madrid by the same score the year before...worked out well didn't it

Unread 22-07-2016, 02:55 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
We beat Barca 3-1 this time last year and real madrid by the same score the year before...worked out well didn't it
It's incontravertible isn't it.

We're good in preseason - we're shit.
We're rubbish in preseason - we're shit.

Unread 22-07-2016, 02:56 PM
believe

Can I change my vote?

Unread 22-07-2016, 03:29 PM
saffers

we'll win the league

quite easily too

Unread 22-07-2016, 04:33 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
During Ferguson's tenure I used to think it bad luck if we played well in pre-season.
Was genuinely buzzing after LvG's first pre-season. Made the subsequent deflation even more galling tbh

Unread 22-07-2016, 04:51 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Would anyone like to change their vote after today's humbling?
No. £#%&! off.

Unread 22-07-2016, 04:54 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Was genuinely buzzing after LvG's first pre-season. Made the subsequent deflation even more galling tbh
Won our first game 7-0 in LA, didn't we? Then battered Roma and Madrid iirc. And Liverpool.

Very strange that the start of the season was so sluggish.

You certainly don't want to be getting destroyed in pre-season, though. City should be on a similar physical level to us.

Unread 22-07-2016, 05:04 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Won our first game 7-0 in LA, didn't we? Then battered Roma and Madrid iirc. And Liverpool.

You certainly don't want to be getting destroyed in pre-season, though. City should be on a similar physical level to us.
We did get a load of £#%&!ing injuries before our first proper game against Swansea, of course

Sign of things to come

Unread 23-07-2016, 12:38 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

A defeat is better than a victory pre-season imv. Experience should have taught me to be cautious but I ended up falling for lvg's pre season swagger. 'Wow look at us' I can remember saying to a mate.

Unread 23-07-2016, 04:56 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
A defeat is better than a victory pre-season imv. Experience should have taught me to be cautious but I ended up falling for lvg's pre season swagger. 'Wow look at us' I can remember saying to a mate.
Winning doesn't mean much, but I do think looking awful does throw up red lights. Yesterday doesn't count in that regard imo, as there's much mitigation. But I remember under Moyes we looked worryingly awful. Chelsea were getting slapped about by MLS teams in pre-season last summer. Both cases a sign of thing to come.

Basically, the results don't matter much but if the team looks a wreck it's not a great sign.

Unread 23-07-2016, 04:59 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Winning doesn't mean much, but I do think looking awful does throw up red lights. Yesterday doesn't count in that regard imo, as there's much mitigation. But I remember under Moyes we looked worryingly awful. Chelsea were getting slapped about by MLS teams in pre-season last summer. Both cases a sign of thing to come.

Basically, the results don't matter much but if the team looks a wreck it's not a great sign.
Well there's 7 first team players to come back yet (hopefully 8) including the best goalkeeper in the world, so let's not shit our pants just yet.

FWIW De gea saves the first goal and probably the 3rd as well

Unread 08-05-2017, 10:17 AM
Sandman

Unread 08-05-2017, 10:28 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I thought city would win last year by 10+ points. bunch of quitters. on the one hand, shaw's back, ibra could be awesome (or not as good as he thinks hd is), rashers and martial.... de gea. we win the league. on the other hand, rooney in an underperforming midfield, carrick older, lack of cohesion in all areas.... chelsea will probs win the league. jo mo melts down.

can't see us outside the top 4. unless we focus on europa instead of treating it like the carling cup.

Unread 08-05-2017, 11:38 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
boom!

Unread 08-05-2017, 11:42 AM
hopkins

Thumbs up

saged it
Closed Thread