United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: united's league position at the end of season 2016/17 will be...?
1st 62 63.27%
2nd 23 23.47%
3rd 9 9.18%
4th 2 2.04%
5th 1 1.02%
6th!!! 1 1.02%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 12-07-2016, 08:37 PM
gbmufc

If we finish above City we will win the league

Unread 12-07-2016, 09:45 PM
Nelson

Arguably the biggest football club in the world now has this man in his rightful place as their manager.

Any other outcome than trophy-laden success for Manchester United for at least the next decade is inconceivable.

£#%&! Guardiola - he started talking down expectations the minute Jose stepped off the train at Piccadilly. Over-hyped nob-scratch.

Champions and a cup for United next season, and that's just for starters.

Ave it, the rest of you PL chumps.

Unread 13-07-2016, 01:58 AM
MagnificentSeven

2nd or 3rd, but we'll compete for the title.

champions in 2018.

Unread 13-07-2016, 11:33 AM
Dave

More than half of the forum thinks we'll win the league...

Generally curious as to what this confidence is founded on?

We have no decent options at right back and don't appear to be in the market for one. We've signed one centre back, who might be good but then again might be shit. Other than that, we look to be going into the season with the same load of rubbish that played there last season. Oh, and hoping that Luke Shaw isn't broke or we're looking at another season without a left back.

In midfield, we seem to be putting all our eggs in the Pogba basket. Even if that comes to fruition we'll still be well short in that department for my money. We have at least signed some Armenian lad, but again, there's as much chance of him being Kagawa mark II as there is Eden Hazard circa 2015.

Up front we're arguably worse off than we were last season. We've (so far) only brought in a 34 (and 35 in October) year old who's been playing at a laughably poor level for the past four years, while the already pathetic Rooney is ANOTHER year older. That leaves Rashford and Martial who managed just 70 minutes between them at the recent European Championships. Seriously, where on earth are the goals going to come from?

As good as Mourinho is/was unless there are at least three top signings in three different positions i can only see another season of hoping that De Gea keeps us in matches and that we can nick one on the break.

Unread 13-07-2016, 11:48 AM
TC23 Henchasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave

We have no decent options at right back and don't appear to be in the market for one. We've signed one centre back, who might be good but then again might be shit. Other than that, we look to be going into the season with the same load of rubbish that played there last season. Oh, and hoping that Luke Shaw isn't broke or we're looking at another season without a left back.

In midfield, we seem to be putting all our eggs in the Pogba basket. Even if that comes to fruition we'll still be well short in that department for my money. We have at least signed some Armenian lad, but again, there's as much chance of him being Kagawa mark II as there is Eden Hazard circa 2015.

Up front we're arguably worse off than we were last season. We've (so far) only brought in a 34 (and 35 in October) year old who's been playing at a laughably poor level for the past four years, while the already pathetic Rooney is ANOTHER year older. That leaves Rashford and Martial who managed just 70 minutes between them at the recent European Championships. Seriously, where on earth are the goals going to come from?

As good as Mourinho is/was unless there are at least three top signings in three different positions i can only see another season of hoping that De Gea keeps us in matches and that we can nick one on the break.
Zzzzzzzzzzz

Unread 13-07-2016, 11:53 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

Sad @#%&!.

Unread 13-07-2016, 11:55 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

Sad @#%&!.

even if he wasn't wearing the shirt, you can just tell he is a city fan.

Unread 13-07-2016, 11:59 AM
Dave

Quote:
Sad c***.
Really well structured arguement, there. Why not give some validation as to why you think United can win the league this season?

Unread 13-07-2016, 12:15 PM
atticusgrinch

Dave's fuming

Unread 13-07-2016, 12:16 PM
Dave

Not sure why you've posted that. As far as i'm aware there are no city fans on here?

Unread 13-07-2016, 12:18 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:

Sad @#%&!.
Love that guy on the left. Perfectly spherical head. No idea what day it is. Probably on a day out from the asylum.

Who knows perhaps that's how City are boosting crowd numbers now?

Unread 13-07-2016, 12:42 PM
Dave

Still not one disagreement on any of my points? Anyone would think you agreed with me but just didn't want to admit it.

Unread 13-07-2016, 12:42 PM
Why Don?

Voted 1st...never going to happen now

Unread 14-07-2016, 03:57 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

poll closes e.o.p tomorrow. so roll up and tell us what you're thinking...

are you like no fun and dave, believing we'll be lucky to make a cl spot and our squad is full of shithouse shit@#%&!s?

bullish like henchosaurus and expect us to breeze to the title with a record points total with rooney outscoring the whole of citeh's £#%&!ers on his own?

are you a complete sit-on-the-fence like fuzzy too scared to think for himself and plumping for an easy to pick position like 2nd?

maybe you're a maverick like me, and you're going to go it alone and be the only person to pick 5th?

or you're magic cantona and you'll probably pick all 5 and then quickly change your mind after each person posts a reply...

which is it?

Unread 14-07-2016, 04:23 PM
itisme_panaflex

I picked 3rd you dirty brexit bastard.

Unread 14-07-2016, 05:10 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

sorry pal, didn't mean you, i meant marlo.

*could have sworn you picked 2nd...

Unread 14-07-2016, 05:12 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
If we finish above City we will win the league
Leicester?

Unread 14-07-2016, 07:57 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Leicester?
Them as well.

Unread 22-07-2016, 02:47 PM
Dave

Would anyone like to change their vote after today's humbling?

Unread 22-07-2016, 02:49 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Would anyone like to change their vote after today's humbling?
It's the second game of preseason you freak.
Closed Thread