United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-12-2006, 12:46 AM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.l.a.t.s
£#%&! off you plum.....pluto? thats about right.
So if that cheating bastard Drogba blags a penalty at Stamford Bridge when we play there you'll cheerfully say it's all in the spirit of modern football?

Unread 03-12-2006, 12:52 AM
Tumescent Throb

Jarosik blatantly dived to win a free-kick recently didn't he? Ronaldo stumbled over Schwarzer's challenge and dangled a leg for Boateng. So £#%&!in what? He did a far worse dive in the corner against Everton the other night and no £#%&!er moaned then - but that wasn't live on Sky was it now.

Unread 03-12-2006, 12:54 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Golden
I think this thread will have a lot of two faced actions.

People who whinge about Gerrard or Henry diving but will think it's okay when Ronnie does it. It's not okay when anybody does it.

But THEY never get the national slating when they do it though.

Which, I realise, has nothing really to do with the matter at hand.

Unread 03-12-2006, 12:56 AM
f.l.a.t.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
So if that cheating bastard Drogba blags a penalty at Stamford Bridge when we play there you'll cheerfully say it's all in the spirit of modern football?
Is it £#%&! you plum,so tell me what you are trying to achieve?...fair play? Ffs get a grip.....to be honest I don't think Ronaldo dived for the goal today..the goalie came out with no control ronaldo stumbled past him and fell over the ref gave it...end off.....for the second free kick ronaldo left his leg in to get the free kick,it goes on in World Football will you go onto every club/international team web site saying how Unprofessional it is?

Unread 03-12-2006, 12:59 AM
Lodestar

Quote:
Is it £#%&! you plum,so tell me what you are trying to achieve?...fair play? Ffs get a grip.....to be honest I don't think Ronaldo dived for the goal today..the goalie came out with no control ronaldo stumbled past him and fell over the ref gave it...end off.....for the second free kick ronaldo left his leg in to get the free kick,it goes on in World Football will you go onto every club/international team web site saying how Unprofessional it is?
Now tell me, what is your reaction to the following quote from Fergie?

Is he a @#%&! for saying this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/4853692.stm

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson believes football's rules are loaded in favour of divers.

"The problem has been there for quite a few years and it is obvious it has got worse," said Ferguson. "The difficult thing is how do you stop it.

"The players diving have an advantage over the ones making a tackle.

"A lad going to make an honest tackle can receive a red card yet referees can only give the guy, who cheats to win a penalty or someone sent, off a yellow."

Unread 03-12-2006, 01:02 AM
magic_cantona

And I might also add, the amount of bad fouls, kicks, elbows, pulls, stick and general @#%&!ish behaviour towards Ronaldo that is missed/ignored, I'm £#%&!ing GLAD that he's gained an advantage.

However it's come about.

Unread 03-12-2006, 01:03 AM
Lodestar

Quote:
I took the trouble to actually read your post following my last post. The simple difference between me and you is that I don't like to see players cheating against United or for United.

We'll blame the ref for giving the penalty eh?

Unread 03-12-2006, 01:07 AM
f.l.a.t.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
Now tell me, what is your reaction to the following quote from Fergie?

Is he a @#%&! for saying this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/4853692.stm

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson believes football's rules are loaded in favour of divers.

"The problem has been there for quite a few years and it is obvious it has got worse," said Ferguson. "The difficult thing is how do you stop it.

"The players diving have an advantage over the ones making a tackle.

"A lad going to make an honest tackle can receive a red card yet referees can only give the guy, who cheats to win a penalty or someone sent, off a yellow."

Again what are you trying to achieve? fergie like Wenger said it was a pen...did you we expect anything else?...this conversation/thread smacks more of you trying to win/look good on a web forum than anything else.

Utd Players like the rest of the English League/European league will use a play to gain the advantage for their team...there i have said it....do i agree with it? no but thats football,if its going to go on i would sooner have it for my team than agaisnt it.

Unread 03-12-2006, 01:11 AM
Fatboy Shrek

What about Rooney who dives just as much and did the worst dive of the game? Ronaldo has cut the shit out of his game today a lot. For the penalty he thought Schwarzer would take him down and tried to jump him, when he realised he hadn't he tried to stand up and tumble over.

Unread 03-12-2006, 01:15 AM
Lodestar

Quote:
Again what are you trying to achieve? fergie like Wenger said it was a pen...did you we expect anything else?...this conversation/thread smacks more of you trying to win/look good on a web forum than anything else.

Utd Players like the rest of the English League/European league will use a play to gain the advantage for their team...there i have said it....do i agree with it? no but thats football,if its going to go on i would sooner have it for my team than agaisnt it.
No mate, I am not trying to look good at all. I just can't stand cheating in the game - particularly diving. When we've played teams in the CL who go down all the time looking to the ref my instinct has always been for United players to stay on their feet and win the game fairly.

Unread 03-12-2006, 01:18 AM
Tumescent Throb

The way Beckham came through post 98 was by playing fair and playing well. Ronaldo has done exactly the same this season post Germany. He is at the best club. There is a common denominator, namely Ferguson. We are seeing the best of Ronaldo because of the motivational skills of his club manager. Ronaldo has cut out most of his theatrics and much of his river dancing. He is the best player in the Premiership just now. Finally, he is getting some respect and even a bit of protection. Suddenly he gets the benefit of a generous penalty award in a game shown live on television and out come the slapped arse @#%&!s again. Pitiful.

Unread 03-12-2006, 01:20 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
The way Beckham came through post 98 was by playing fair and playing well. Ronaldo has done exactly the same this season post Germany. He is at the best club. There is a common denominator, namely Ferguson. We are seeing the best of Ronaldo because of the motivational skills of his club manager. Ronaldo has cut out most of his theatrics and much of his river dancing. He is the best player in the Premiership just now. Finally, he is getting some respect and even a bit of protection. Suddenly he gets the benefit of a generous penalty award in a game shown live on television and out come the slapped arse @#%&!s again. Pitiful.

Applause!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread 03-12-2006, 01:22 AM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
You're right. I think Lodestar wants to be praised for speaking out about diving. But that post is a cracker and i dont see how you can oppose it.

Unread 03-12-2006, 01:24 AM
Lodestar

Quote:

I don't have an issue with Ronaldo - never have, he is good enough to play fair and play well as you say. The question is whether he induced the penalty when there was no contact?

Unread 03-12-2006, 01:28 AM
Ether

I think we should stop harping on about it now to be honest. Everyone's had an opinion on it, there's really no need to keep saying the same things over and over.

Unread 03-12-2006, 02:58 AM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
#@&%! on mate.

#@&%! and £#%&!ing on!

Unread 03-12-2006, 04:12 AM
ScarFace

im gunna have to do alot of diving if im gunna win with lyon

Unread 03-12-2006, 04:30 AM
claytons backperm

they all cheat each other so £#%&! em all and that includes united. what comes around goes around. all the players should take a good look at how their behaviour has changed in the last 4/5 years and the lengths they will go to win a decision or influence a ref with a few words here and there. they should be embarrassed.

Unread 03-12-2006, 04:35 AM
Crumps

It wasn't a penalty at all imo but I don't think he dived. He dived for the free-kick and I think that was an absoloute £#%&!ing disgrace.

Unread 03-12-2006, 04:45 AM
ScarFace

Same here, dive for the free kick but not so much the pen, he expected to be brought down but stumbled trying to keep controll of the ball.

To be fair, its only justice for all the free kicks he should of had in the past.

To make anybody whos pissed about it, feel better, just think out sweet it is all those Ronaldo England booing @#%&!s feel...RAAAAGE....sweet as chocolate.
Closed Thread