United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-12-2006, 10:16 AM
King Schlong

Read some quotes the other day , i think they were from the chairman of Torquay United or some club in the lower leagues .

Anyway he's basically come out and said if any of his players were caught diving/cheating in anyway then the first offence is a warning. Do it again then its the maximum fine they can give to the player involved . Do it again you are either sacked or immediatly put on the transfer list , no matter if its there best player or there worst.

Bit harsh maybe ? Im not so sure , but i guarentee it will stop his team from diving/cheating .

More clubs should follow suit imo , its ruining the game and it needs to be stopped .

Unread 03-12-2006, 11:50 AM
MUFC One Love

Ronaldo's, IMO, was a half dive, Rooney, however, blatently dived at the end. However nothing was mentioned.

Unread 03-12-2006, 01:08 PM
Lodestar

No one on here has yet come up with a solid defence of that penalty appeal, instead it's all: "well maybe he lost his footing" or "he was going to be brought down anyway".

At worst it is all about how Ronaldo gets no protection from referees so he deserved the penalty and how well he has done after the flack he got during the World Cup.

Like I've said, if that was given against us I'd be pissed and no one on here would be justifying it.

Unread 03-12-2006, 01:29 PM
Tumescent Throb

Fair enough Loadstar. But Ronaldo was too busy crashing into the pounding hooves of the Boro defender to even appeal for a penalty. Maybe inflicting a bit of high speed pain on himself is his new thing, eh? Whadaya reckon

Unread 03-12-2006, 03:29 PM
£#%&! KFC

shut the £#%&! up you silly @#%&!s

Ronaldo gets booted to £#%&! every week and gets little or no protection from refs as for the 'diving' what about the assault on him by Butt at Brum last year which was not only a foul but a red card for Butt...Webb plays on and Brum score...what goes around

at first glance it looked a stonewall penalty yesterday and a red card for Schwarzer, OK the ref got it wrong but there's no way he dived ..he did for the free-kick but not the penalty

and for the goldfish among you moaning self righteous £#%&!wits what about the THREE stonewall penalties we never got at Sheffield United three weeks ago, every one of them was a penalty and anyway these things even themselves out blah blah

it's because it's Ronaldo and because it's United that's why the media go into meltdown or have you also forgotten the treatment he received after the World Cup

Rosicky's dive was far worse yesterday ditto van Persie's handball....

and as someone pointed out Rooney's dive at the end was ridiculous that was a proper dive but no @#%&! on Sky or in the papers mentioned it

wind yer £#%&!in necks in

Unread 03-12-2006, 03:52 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
No one on here has yet come up with a solid defence of that penalty appeal, instead it's all: "well maybe he lost his footing" or "he was going to be brought down anyway".

At worst it is all about how Ronaldo gets no protection from referees so he deserved the penalty and how well he has done after the flack he got during the World Cup.

Like I've said, if that was given against us I'd be pissed and no one on here would be justifying it.
what penalty appeal? there was no appeal from ronaldo was there?

Unread 03-12-2006, 04:00 PM
Grimson

Quote:
It was a clear penalty for me.

If you throw yourself at a player's feet, and by avoiding you he falls over, it's a foul - especially if, as a keeper, you fail to make contact with the ball, and the player in question had a scoring chance.

Clear penalty, every time. Schwarzer can have no argument.

Unread 03-12-2006, 04:03 PM
Luffy

Default http://fredtissue.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=26783

just cos you successfully jump out of the way, doesn't mean you haven't been impeded.

i regularly go past someone, only for them to stick their leg out after the ball has gone, meaning I have to stop, jump out of the way or try to hurdle him, either way i lose balance, speed and my progress has been slowed down allowing for his team mates to catch me up etc.

Just because there was no contact, its never blown up as a free kick, which I think is %@#$&!s. It impeded me in an illegal way.

Ronaldo stumbled and lost the ball because he had to adjust his balance and footing trying to dodge the keeper, he could have kicked the ball past the keeper and stood there to get hacked down, or gone directly after the ball and made contact that way. but he had to jump backwards to avoid contact and then back after the ball and he lost his balance.

hell even if he did dive cos he knew his chance had gone, its justified cos he was impeded illegally in the first place. sometimes you just have to go down to let the referee know.

Unread 03-12-2006, 04:15 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
What appeal? Do you expect the players who go unpunished for kicking him to bits week in and week out to come out and tell the referee that they deliberately fouled him and they should be booked or sent-off? Should Rosicky have remonstrated with the referee and told him that it wasn't a penalty because Chimbonda touched the ball against Spurs yesterday? What about when a throw-in is awarded when a player knows it's come off him, should he protest that it's actually a throw-in to the opposition?

I'm sorry, but the singling out of Ronaldo by the media is absolutely £#%&!ing ridiculous, just like the anti Ronaldo shit after the World Cup. As far as I'm concerned it's another example of the usual bullshit ABU agenda.

Unread 03-12-2006, 04:18 PM
MUFC One Love

Against Ronaldo last week Cole behaved like a £#%&!ing thug, got him early on NOT going for the ball at all, and at the end was actually just trying to take Ronaldo out and wasn't arsed about the ball, and seemed proud of it with his gestures to the crowd.

Fair play Ronnie, I'm glad you've annoyed the ABUs even more.

He plays on the leftttttt...

Unread 03-12-2006, 06:24 PM
Lodestar

In summary most people on here believe it was a stonewall penalty and those who don't still believe he deserved it because it's Ronaldo - victim of a post WC media campaign. Fair enough you have your opinion.

If a penalty is given against us under similar circumstances when the stakes are high, I'll be looking for consistency of interpretation from a few people on here.

I for one will be well £#%&!ed off - I can give you that opinion in advance.

Unread 03-12-2006, 06:30 PM
Johnson

Quote:
In summary most people on here believe it was a stonewall penalty and those who don't still believe he deserved it because it's Ronaldo - victim of a post WC media campaign. Fair enough you have your opinion.

If a penalty is given against us under similar circumstances when the stakes are high, I'll be looking for consistency of interpretation from a few people on here.

I'm with you Lodestar. If you were looking for reasoned argument on here then you were mistaken.

Grimson , interesting point from you as usual and I agree to a certain extent but I don't think Ronnie had to deviate hardly at all.

Rosicky didn't dive by the way , he was tackled . He wouldn't necessarily have known whether the defender got the ball or not . Van Persie however is a cheating bastard.

Unread 03-12-2006, 06:34 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

Funny as £#%&! - M'boro' away after about 10 minutes ffs. The stakes were probably higher when Doyle scored from the spot after a harsh handball call on Neville in the second half at Reading. Neither of them were exactly critical now were they now.

Unread 03-12-2006, 06:47 PM
Grimson

I think you misunderstood Lodestar.

He wasn't saying the stakes were high when the penalty was awarded. He's saying, how would you react if a pen was awarded against United in a similar circumstance - i.e. no contact - only this time when the stakes are high.

Granted, he could have beeen clearer about this.

Unread 03-12-2006, 06:48 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Funny as £#%&! - M'boro' away after about 10 minutes ffs. The stakes were probably higher when Doyle scored from the spot after a harsh handball call on Neville in the second half at Reading. Neither of them were exactly critical now were they now.
'Funny as £#%&!' ?

Do you understand what I am actually trying to say? I am talking about a situation where the decision will determine the outcome of the game and subsequently the winning of a title or cup.

For example, if that kind of decision is made against us in the semi final of the Champions League against Liverpool at Anfield I'll be looking for you to say fair £#%&!s and not call Gerrard or whoever a cheating bastard.

Unread 03-12-2006, 06:49 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
I think you misunderstood Lodestar.

He wasn't saying the stakes were high when the penalty was awarded. He's saying, how would you react if a pen was awarded against United in a similar circumstance - i.e. no contact - only this time when the stakes are high.

Granted, he could have beeen clearer about this.
Thank you. I am on my own in this thread! I have elaborated anyway.

Unread 03-12-2006, 09:38 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Consistency?
You've made your point Lodestar. It's a shit point, but you've made it
Closed Thread