United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-12-2006, 12:12 AM
Lodestar

Default For those of you who think Ronaldo was right to get us the penalty

Don't complain when a player cheats against us and costs us a game in the future.

He shouldn't have done that today.

NFT

Unread 03-12-2006, 12:15 AM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Golden
Porto were right to play like they did in 2003 because they wanted to win.

Pires diving to spur Arsenal's unbeaten run - He did what he had to do.

Not.
I cannot £#%&!ing stand diving - especially when I see a United player doing it. There is never any excuse as you point out JG.

Unread 03-12-2006, 12:20 AM
Ether

I don't think it was really a dive for the penalty, but he definitely dived for that free-kick. I don't like it at all.

Some people try to justify it because of the abuse he gets, and seem to be implying that anything that winds up the opposition fans and makes us even more hated is a good thing. Missing the point I think. We've traditionally been hated by everyone because we're successful. Glamorous. Different. Not because we're cheats. I'd like it to stay that way.

Unread 03-12-2006, 12:21 AM
puressence

get to £#%&! you lot ..he didnt dive scwarzer can £#%&! off .and why did boateng put hsleg out towards him .... rooney dived later on no mention of it

Unread 03-12-2006, 12:23 AM
f.l.a.t.s

Ok then the its the last game of the season we needed to beat Boro but since only utd players cheat to win games the FA have decided to take the points off Utd and give them to chelsea...so Chelasea win the league.

FFs give it a rest.

Unread 03-12-2006, 12:24 AM
The Watcher

Thought Ronnie has cut that shit out of his game recently. The penalty was debatable, but he deffo dived for the free kick. Other then that, thought he had an excellent game.

No doubt the abu nation will all now go overboard, demanding he be deported etc. And the next time he has a genuine penalty shout, the reff won't give it either I bet

Unread 03-12-2006, 12:24 AM
Lodestar

Are you telling me that was a legit penalty mate?

You'd be £#%&!ing fuming if a decision as soft as that was given against us.

Unread 03-12-2006, 12:25 AM
tatty

There is no doubt he dived for the penalty and fergie should be having a word with him.

Unread 03-12-2006, 12:25 AM
Johnson

Spot on Lodestar.

Pure - Are you pissed ?

Unread 03-12-2006, 12:27 AM
puressence

well £#%&! the lot of you ronaldo> better than the other bar scholesy

Unread 03-12-2006, 12:27 AM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.l.a.t.s
Ok then the its the last game of the season we needed to beat Boro but since only utd players cheat to win games the FA have decided to take the points off Utd and give them to chelsea...so Chelasea win the league.

FFs give it a rest.
Just don't complain the next time the cheating bastard Drogba cons a penalty at Stamford Bridge.

Unread 03-12-2006, 12:29 AM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Golden
I think this thread will have a lot of two faced actions.

People who whinge about Gerrard or Henry diving but will think it's okay when Ronnie does it. It's not okay when anybody does it.

Sad thing is that young players are brought up to do it in this country now, and they see it being rewarded. Bring in replays for decisions like this and anybody who dives gets a three month ban.
That's it. I remember Gerrard at Sheffield United, there was loads of bitching on RI.

Unread 03-12-2006, 12:30 AM
Butt-hole Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
Just don't complain the next time the cheating bastard Drogba cons a penalty at Stamford Bridge.
they do it all the time

it's about time we had our share

I want more of the same on wednesday

Unread 03-12-2006, 12:32 AM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butt-hole Surfer
they do it all the time

it's about time we had our share

I want more of the same on wednesday
I just don't see it that way mate.

Unread 03-12-2006, 12:36 AM
f.l.a.t.s

Who said I £#%&!in complain? Football is full of it..diving,simulation its only when a utd player does it,it becomes a £#%&!in subject of discussion,if we want to talk about wrong decisions what about the scholes goal against Porto?(never offside)Porto would not have won the C/League so probably Mourinho would not be the Chelsea Manager.

The game is full of controversial decisions where shall we start?.

Unread 03-12-2006, 12:39 AM
Serenity Now

Didn't think it was a dive for the penalty, though whether it was a penalty or not is debatable. On the other hand, the one for the free kick was blatant and almost identical to the Pires dive from a couple of years back. Thankfully this one didn't have a meaningful impact on the match (and season).

It's a shame that he did it, but it really pisses me off that Ronaldo gets singled out as a "diver" as much as he does. I don't think he dives any more than a lot of other players in the league (English and foreign) and I've seen a lot of high profile players dive just as blatantly as Ronaldo did today without anywhere near the media furor. I also think he actually gets fouled more than than any other player in the league and often doesn't get the kind of protection from the refs that he should.

Unread 03-12-2006, 12:41 AM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.l.a.t.s
Who said i £#%&!in complain? football is full of it..diving,simulation its only when a utd palyer does it,it becomes a £#%&!in subject of discussion,if we want to talk about wrong decisions what about the scholes goal againsnt Porto?(never offside)Porto would not have won the C/League so probably Mourinho would not be the Chelsea Manager.

The game is full of controversial decisions where shall we start?.
It just wasn't a penalty and he could have stayed on his feet. Offsides are a different matter.

And no, it isn't just when a United player does it that it becomes a topic of discussion - remember Gerrard at Sheffield United?

Unread 03-12-2006, 12:42 AM
f.l.a.t.s

£#%&! off you plum.....pluto? thats about right.

Unread 03-12-2006, 12:42 AM
PureAlive

£#%&! off you @#%&!s. this is football, you are meant to moan about things that other teams do, even if your own team does it.

You stupid rightous @#%&!s. You are as bad as the PC-mad@#%&!s.

Unread 03-12-2006, 12:45 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
It's a shame that he did it, but it really pisses me off that Ronaldo gets singled out as a "diver" as much as he does. I don't think he dives any more than a lot of other players in the league (English and foreign) and I've seen a lot of high profile players dive just as blatantly as Ronaldo did today without anywhere near the media furor. I also think he actually gets fouled more than than any other player in the league and often doesn't get the kind of protection from the refs that he should.
Agree with that. it's also the reason why quite a few Reds won't have a go at him for it, which I understand.

Henry pretending Puyol hit him in the face during the World Cup. Far worse in my opinion, as he's trying to get a fellow player sent off. But what did the bbc say? It's "unfortunate" that a player of his caliber should do that. Nothing else! @#%&!s. Not to mention the numerous times viera, gerrard and other have blatantly dived/stamped on players, with very little said. But when it's a United player...well, the ABU media just goes to town. £#%&!ing @#%&!s the lot of them
Closed Thread