20 times

Rom

Unread 03-09-2017, 11:34 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Cool

He never does it in the big games.

Unread 18-09-2017, 01:01 PM
Vedder

People on about Kane possibly beating Shearer's premier league record but Lukaku is same age and has 10 more goals atm. Can the big man do it?

Unread 18-09-2017, 01:04 PM
puressence

feel hes gonna score every game absolute beast of a player and forum experts doubted him

Unread 18-09-2017, 01:04 PM
20 times

Big Rom

Unread 18-09-2017, 01:16 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
People on about Kane possibly beating Shearer's premier league record but Lukaku is same age and has 10 more goals atm. Can the big man do it?
If he can stay injury free, I don't see why not. You'd imagine he'd stay in the premier league as his game isn't really suited to Spain.

I wouldn't be surprised if he struggles a bit with injuries later on in his career due to his size.

Unread 18-09-2017, 01:24 PM
stmfh

Had a sense of the Yorkey signing for me. Just gives an extra "out".

We'll see how he goes long term but expecting plenty of goals this year, league & champs league.. 🤞

Unread 18-09-2017, 01:34 PM
utd99

The impression I've had of Lukaku from watching him on various loans and the odd game at Chelsea was that he was an immature 'me' merchant. The guy that would rather score a hattrick in a 4-3 defeat than none in a 1-0 win. He also seemed to give up in certain games where the supply was thin. Stop making runs, stop tracking back etc, but I've seen none of that here.

I think United will be great for him. He will have to become a member of a team rather than a stat machine, and Mourinho would never tolerate him giving up. In his Everton/West Brom days he would have shot every day of the week rather than pass to Mkhitaryan, and what a perfect ball it was. When he evolves from selfish to selfless he is going to be some £#%&!ing player; and he's 24.

Unread 18-09-2017, 06:17 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
The impression I've had of Lukaku from watching him on various loans and the odd game at Chelsea was that he was an immature 'me' merchant. The guy that would rather score a hattrick in a 4-3 defeat than none in a 1-0 win. He also seemed to give up in certain games where the supply was thin. Stop making runs, stop tracking back etc, but I've seen none of that here.

I think United will be great for him. He will have to become a member of a team rather than a stat machine, and Mourinho would never tolerate him giving up. In his Everton/West Brom days he would have shot every day of the week rather than pass to Mkhitaryan, and what a perfect ball it was. When he evolves from selfish to selfless he is going to be some £#%&!ing player; and he's 24.
Pogba is great for that development, one of his mates, tons of ambition to improve himself, but also gives the impression that he is great fun to be around. Has a peer group around of high level players who should be pushing each other on.

The thing that impresses with Lukaku is how little bothered he is by misses or poor moments of play. Plenty of players in the past who if they messed up a few touches, missed a big chance, they would drift out of the game, hide a little bit. Not Lukaku.

Want to see how well he does when the level lifts, but he is going to score a lot of goals against the bottom 12-14 teams in this league.

Unread 18-09-2017, 06:21 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
The thing that impresses with Lukaku is how little bothered he is by misses or poor moments of play.
many opportunities to impress. :0)

Unread 18-09-2017, 06:30 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Pogba is great for that development, one of his mates, tons of ambition to improve himself, but also gives the impression that he is great fun to be around. Has a peer group around of high level players who should be pushing each other on.

The thing that impresses with Lukaku is how little bothered he is by misses or poor moments of play. Plenty of players in the past who if they messed up a few touches, missed a big chance, they would drift out of the game, hide a little bit. Not Lukaku.

Want to see how well he does when the level lifts, but he is going to score a lot of goals against the bottom 12-14 teams in this league.
If we had big Rom last season we would have challenged for the league too.

Unread 18-09-2017, 06:47 PM
waynes ear's

He's a £#%&!ing mountain

Unread 18-09-2017, 06:49 PM
Pop

Magnificent big beastly man.

Appalling pube beard though.

Unread 18-09-2017, 07:07 PM
rockored2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Magnificent big beastly man.

Appalling pube beard though.
A beast of a centre forward.

But we need a beauty.

Unread 18-09-2017, 07:07 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Would need 20+ goals for 8 seasons running (taking him to 32-33). Big ask tbf, unless he gets some seriously big figures early on.

Unread 18-09-2017, 07:33 PM
LFOD

£#%&!ing people moaning about a striker scoring goals.

Unread 18-09-2017, 08:10 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFOD
£#%&!ing people moaning about a striker scoring goals.
no one is moaning about that.

Unread 18-09-2017, 08:28 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Would need 20+ goals for 8 seasons running (taking him to 32-33). Big ask tbf, unless he gets some seriously big figures early on.
Yeah, it's Shearers longevity that is difficult to replicate.

But Lukaku should be aiming for 125 goals over the next five years, which would put him past 200 before the age of 30

Anfield is a big test for him. Not sure what his record against them is like.

Unread 18-09-2017, 08:35 PM
ScarFace

He's fantastic. He could throw me around the bedroom like a cornish hen, anytime.
Closed Thread