United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-08-2020, 09:26 AM
dunk

Football Sandro Tonali

Quote:
Manchester United have made an approach to sign Brescia midfielder Sandro Tonali, 20, who is regarded as one of the best young prospects in Italy.

Unread 28-08-2020, 09:27 AM
tatty

Toenail?

Unread 28-08-2020, 09:29 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Never heard of him.
Have you seen much of him dunk? What type of midfielder is he? Bryan Robson esq?

Unread 28-08-2020, 09:34 AM
chooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Never heard of him.
Have you seen much of him dunk? What type of midfielder is he? Bryan Robson esq?
He was being touted as a Pirlo type. Was linked to AC and Inter last year.

Unread 28-08-2020, 09:37 AM
Coracao

Will go to Inter i reckon.

Unread 28-08-2020, 09:38 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Never heard of him.
Not a lot, super highly rated midfield playmaker. Would be delighted.

At this point just happy to see us linked with a midfielder tbh.

Unread 28-08-2020, 09:38 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Much more likely

Unread 28-08-2020, 09:42 AM
andyroo

Midfielder you say?

Do it.

Unread 28-08-2020, 09:44 AM
AK14

Yeah he’s Inter bound and for peanuts too

Unread 28-08-2020, 09:46 AM
Baron

Quote:
Sadly this.

Apparently we were interested back in January as well, some info here:

Quote:
Manchester United have contacted Brescia over the transfer of in-demand midfielder Sandro Tonali, according to reports.

A number of Europe’s top clubs, including United, have been linked with a bid for the classy midfielder. He has previously revealed his love for all things Milan.

United were said to be pursuing a £40m move for Tonali last January, however an official bid never materialised.

The 20-year-old midfielder has impressed in his first season in Serie A but after Brescia’s relegation, he will look to move on.

Former Leeds chief Massimo Cellino, now in charge of Brescia, has accepted that Tonali will leave this summer.

“I fall in love with certain players and I would never want to sell them,” Cellino told Il Corriere dello Sport. “Building a good team around him, a team of satisfactions, was my dream.

“But I realise, however, that the boy has important personal targets, a family that supports him, especially the mother.”

“He prefers Inter and Juve. [Napoli President Aurelio] De Laurentiis has offered me €40m, Fiorentina are ready to do whatever it takes, but his fate is more or less sealed.”

Since those comments back in June, it is Inter who have pulled clear of their rivals for Tonali.

As per reports in Italy, they have agreed a loan with a €35m obligation to buy the Italy midfielder next summer.

However, il Corriere dello Sport claims United recently held talks regarding a potential move for Tonali. It’s suggested United could look to beat Inter to the punch by offering them the cash up front, as opposed a year from now.

However, United’s late approach for Tonali looks destined to end in failure. As per il Corriere, Tonali’s agents are advising the youngster to continue his development in Serie A.

Furthermore, it’s stated an agreement with Inter is close to being signed.

Tonali has been compared favourably to new Juventus boss Andrea Pirlo for his playing style.

However, the Italian icon reckons the 20-year-old has the necessary attributes to succeed his achievements in the game.

“It’s said that he may be my heir, but I don’t see many things in common,” Pirlo said.

“He is another type of player. He’s much more complete both in the defensive phase and when he sets up.

“He is a mix between my characteristics and those of other players.

“He’s the most promising of midfielders. He will surely become a great player.”

Unread 28-08-2020, 09:47 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yeah he’s Inter bound and for peanuts too
Apparently we called him but it was a little too late

I assume they mean he had already decided on Inter, rather than we called after the 9pm cut off

Unread 28-08-2020, 09:47 AM
windy waffles

People 'sad' a player they have never seen play is joining Inter.

Unread 28-08-2020, 09:48 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Much more likely
Decent italians rarely leave.

Hence us buying Darmian.

Unread 28-08-2020, 09:50 AM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
People 'sad' a player they have never seen play is joining Inter.

That's where Woodward has got us to with his transfer dealings.

Unread 28-08-2020, 09:51 AM
dunk

Quote:
United were said to be pursuing a £40m move for Tonali last January, however an official bid never materialised.

Quote:

Hence us buying Darmian.
Verratti is about the only one, currently, isn't he?

Unread 28-08-2020, 10:02 AM
Coracao

Quote:

Verratti is about the only one, currently, isn't he?
Jorginho, but he isnt really an Italian. There's a couple of others on the fringes of the national side. Emerson at Chelsea (another fake Italian), El Shawaddywaddy in China.

Generally they tend to stay in Italy, probably due to the national side and there are / were a few decent options for them in terms of clubs. Verratti would probably have been better going to a club in Italy tbf. Doubt he will receive recognition for playing in France and i'm not sure he has really kicked on.

Barella and Tonali will be an interesting combo, if it comes off.

Unread 28-08-2020, 10:05 AM
Jethro

He's going to Inter but £#%&! me he's be class

Unread 28-08-2020, 10:16 AM
tatty

Quote:

Hence us buying Darmian.
Zola and Di Canio aside I can't think of any other good Italian players that have moved to the PL.

Unread 28-08-2020, 10:18 AM
shenwen

Out of all the players we are going to miss out on, sandro is maybe the most underwhelming - based on his YouTube video anyway, which was made up of a few corners and a freaky free kick goal.

Aside from his one goal and seven assists last season, what are we missing?

Unread 28-08-2020, 10:28 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Out of all the players we are going to miss out on, sandro is maybe the most underwhelming - based on his YouTube video anyway, which was made up of a few corners and a freaky free kick goal.

Aside from his one goal and seven assists last season, what are we missing?
Think of the difference of how we used to play with footballers like Scholes & Carrick playing deep rather than the shit@#%&!s that have come since. Having someone who plays the game with a picture in his head, who passes forward & breaks the lines so effectively beating the high press that almost all good sides employ these days. Tonali stays on his feet, reading the game rather than giving it the full Gerrard of powering around like a headless chicken. It's imperative you have a player that can control the tempo, play it simple or look up & spray it 40 yards if you want to be a proper team, imo. Others see the game differently.

In short, he's a £#%&!ing good footballer, and he's only 20.
Closed Thread