United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 13-05-2023, 07:57 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I think the ones who should feel stupid are the Qatari cheerleaders who were getting wet about all the money we’d have to spend, and calling Jim a cheap skate. Banging on about how money is no object to the Fake Sheikh and his mates.

Only to see them outbid

Bullet dodged imo. All mouth and no trousers these lot.
Yet you have no idea how this will work out with SJR and the Glazers. I genuinely hope you don't end up "looking silly".

Unread 13-05-2023, 07:59 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkon
Just been forwarded this on a WhatsApp group from a mate of mine who's best mate works at OT.
Obviously take with a punch of salt but...

Just been sent this, from a source at the club

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Manchester United FC Welcomes Sir Jim Ratcliffe and INEOS as New Owners: Unprecedented Investment Unveiled for Players and Ground

Manchester, United Kingdom - May 12, 2023 - In a groundbreaking turn of events, Manchester United Football Club is proud to announce its acquisition by renowned business magnate Sir Jim Ratcliffe and his global enterprise INEOS. This momentous deal marks a new era for the iconic football club, bringing with it an unparalleled commitment to investment and a vision to propel Manchester United to the pinnacle of football excellence.

Under the stewardship of Sir Jim Ratcliffe, one of Britain’s most successful entrepreneurs, and backed by the formidable resources of INEOS, Manchester United FC is set to embark on an ambitious journey that will redefine the club’s future. The acquisition not only demonstrates the attractiveness and global appeal of the club but also signifies the unwavering commitment of its new owners towards revitalizing its illustrious legacy.

Foreseeing the immense potential of the club, Sir Jim Ratcliffe and INEOS have pledged an extraordinary injection of capital that will undoubtedly transform Manchester United into a force to be reckoned with. With a focus on strengthening the squad, world-class talent will be scouted and acquired to bolster the team’s competitive edge and restore its prominence in domestic and international competitions.

Furthermore, the investment does not stop with player acquisitions alone. Sir Jim Ratcliffe has recognized the historical significance of Old Trafford, the legendary home ground of Manchester United. As part of this unprecedented deal, plans are already underway for a comprehensive redevelopment and modernization of the stadium. The objective is to create an unparalleled fan experience, combining state-of-the-art facilities with an atmosphere befitting the club’s glorious heritage.

The acquisition of Manchester United by Sir Jim Ratcliffe and INEOS has been met with widespread anticipation and enthusiasm from fans, supporters, and football enthusiasts around the world. The move signifies a renewed commitment to success and represents a testament to the enduring legacy of this iconic football institution.

As Manchester United enters this exciting new chapter, the club’s supporters can expect a renewed focus on excellence, a relentless pursuit of glory, and an unwavering dedication to the values that have defined the club throughout its storied history.

About Manchester United Football Club:

Manchester United Football Club, founded in 1878, is one of the most storied and successful football clubs in the world. Based in Manchester, England, the club has a rich history, boasting numerous domestic and international titles, as well as a passionate global fan base. Manchester United has consistently been at the forefront of English football, known for its iconic players, legendary managers, and a commitment to excellence both on and off the pitch.
Whether it's true or not, I'd put money on ChatGPT having come up with that

Unread 13-05-2023, 08:01 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Outbid they didn’t want to get in bed with the Glazers, proper business men.
They’ve been outbid, it’s been confirmed by several people that Jim’s offer valued the club highest. The only one to go over £5bn.

The gimp brothers are only sticking around to make more money. If the Sheikh put in a large enough bid now, they’d take it and get out now.

Maybe it genuinely isn’t a state bid and he just can’t scrape the money together.

Unread 13-05-2023, 08:10 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
It's just awfully weird that some on this thread seem to revel that the Glazers are part of the SJR bid, rather than just being honest and saying exactly how it is. Oh well, lol.

Everyone (despite what the wums say) just wants the best deal and future for United. As if it isn't normal to feel repulsed by the Glazers still being here when all we've ever wanted was them out? Totally out. But, if this saves United from financial ruin and we can truly compete (in today's new ball game) then great. My main concern is United, not looking for a reaction.

I just genuinely hope that when the takeover happens, we don't start hearing about there being no value in the transfer market and that building costs to sort OT are a bit too high right now. Here's hoping.
Who is revelling that the glazers are still going to have a stake in United. You always manage to drop some bullshit in somewhere for reasons best known to yourself.

The glazers having an involvement is a compromise but respectfully, I think you and plenty of others are getting angry at the symbolism, not the reality. They simply won’t be involved in any meaningful sense.

I think ME ownership presents far far more issues than the glazers having a minority stake around how clubs are run and what’s sensible for football.

Stickers - good question. We’re one of the biggest clubs in the world - it’s a different ball game in terms of expectation and potential and will be run with that in mind. You don’t overpay for something which has the highest profile in the world and then let it fail.

Unread 13-05-2023, 08:11 AM
Bonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
I genuinely don't know what ChatGPT is

Unread 13-05-2023, 08:15 AM
BarryX

Quote:
I envy you

AI's changing the world as we type...

Unread 13-05-2023, 08:16 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Wayne's ears with a typewriter

Unread 13-05-2023, 08:18 AM
Bonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Wayne's ears with a typewriter

Unread 13-05-2023, 09:04 AM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
“In a groundbreaking turn of events” 😆

Big Jas is making a right tit of himself with all of this, close links with a failed Swiss bank, outmanoeuvred by Big Jim, railroaded into either slapping in a last minute face saving panic bid or flouncing off broken hearted to take solace with endless rewatches of his class of 92 dvd. Sounds like he’s the Fredo Corleone of the Quatari financial world.

Unread 13-05-2023, 09:28 AM
Parlabane

Quote:
Eh up, Theo Paphitis is in.

They won’t be taking money out of the club, there will be no payment of dividends. They’re hoping to sell their remaining shares in the club in a few years time for a higher value than they’re worth now, but that isn’t taking money out of the club, it’s not the club’s money.

In terms of decisions, do you think the minority shareholders currently wield any decision making power at United? Do we often hear about Lindsell Train or John Rogers Jr getting involved in decision making at United? Because between them they own about half a billion dollars worth of shares in the club.

Of course we don’t. Doubt many people have even heard of them. Because they’re in it purely as an investment, and don’t have the power to really do anything. This is what the Glazer brothers will be relegated to.

Nobody actively wants them to be hanging about, but it’s a pill we’re prepared to swallow to get them out of power and have the decision making at the club in the hands of someone else.
Spot on

Unread 13-05-2023, 09:34 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Eh up, Theo Paphitis is in.

They won’t be taking money out of the club, there will be no payment of dividends. They’re hoping to sell their remaining shares in the club in a few years time for a higher value than they’re worth now, but that isn’t taking money out of the club, it’s not the club’s money.

In terms of decisions, do you think the minority shareholders currently wield any decision making power at United? Do we often hear about Lindsell Train or John Rogers Jr getting involved in decision making at United? Because between them they own about half a billion dollars worth of shares in the club.

Of course we don’t. Doubt many people have even heard of them. Because they’re in it purely as an investment, and don’t have the power to really do anything. This is what the Glazer brothers will be relegated to.

Nobody actively wants them to be hanging about, but it’s a pill we’re prepared to swallow to get them out of power and have the decision making at the club in the hands of someone else.
Bang on. So weird how certain people are obsessed with Qatar

Unread 13-05-2023, 09:35 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
Spot on
If it’s spot on, what happens when it comes to ground development? Is Jim going to finance a new stadium or major renovations purely through Ineos and his own pocket to raise the value of the club for the Glazers out of the goodness of his heart? Or will the Glazers put in their share and have a say in the matter?

Unread 13-05-2023, 09:35 AM
windy waffles

Why are people getting so excited about Jim? Its only a 51% stake.

Unread 13-05-2023, 09:36 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
I don’t think there is one person who is obsessed with Qatar maybe obsessed with the best interests of the club.

Will you still be singing glazers out for the time they they’re here?

Unread 13-05-2023, 09:38 AM
Ethers

Quote:
If it’s spot on, what happens when it comes to ground development? Is Jim going to finance a new stadium or major renovations purely through Ineos and his own pocket to raise the value of the club for the Glazers out of the goodness of his heart? Or will the Glazers put in their share and have a say in the matter?
Will the glazers put in their share

Come on now pal. Let’s not be daft.

Unread 13-05-2023, 09:40 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Why are people getting so excited about Jim? Its only a 51% stake.
Be uae they’re obsessed with Qatar and the opportunity of getting one over on them

Quote:
Will the glazers put in their share

Come on now pal. Let’s not be daft.
So big Jim the amazing businessman is going to o purely fund the improvements to help his mates make more money in the long run?

Unread 13-05-2023, 09:43 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Be uae they’re obsessed with Qatar and the opportunity of getting one over on them

So big Jim the amazing businessman is going to o purely fund the improvements to help his mates make more money in the long run?
I have no idea mate. It was just a joke about the Glazers spending years avoiding putting money into the club, and then suddenly doing so when they’re not in control anymore.

I have no idea how Jim is going to finance his vision of the improvements that need to be made, I don’t think anyone does. It’s all speculation.

Unread 13-05-2023, 09:45 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Erm…. What if the sale conditions stipulate their remaining 20% stake but that they will be entitled to dividends? They hold the aces at the moment

If Qataris are struggling to get funding then that might
alleviate a lot of fears over what they might do on the dipper front

Unread 13-05-2023, 09:45 AM
Dr Stranger

Both deals come with concerns. Qatar has the money but could make us a circus. BJR….does he have our or Ineos’s bottom line at heart?

I’m not convinced by either and we won’t know for sure until they have their feet under the table.

What I do know is that I can’t take another year of the Glazers running the club.

I want them out. Every single United fan wants them out, but more importantly we don’t want them running the club or having any say in what happens. If BJR ensures that, then it’s something we’d have all taken a year ago.

As simple as it sounds, we just need to be run well and with ambition. That can happen with either deal. We’ve become accustomed to the Glazers bleeding us dry and having an attitude of being satisfied as long as the money keeps rolling in. We haven’t had owners who genuinely want to be the best for nearly twenty years.

That’s what we need back. We don’t need a £300m net spend every summer. We need ambition to be the best: facilities and infrastructure around the manager that supports that ambition.

You’d like to think either deal would have that at heart.

Wouldn’t you?

Unread 13-05-2023, 09:46 AM
believe

Quote:
I have no idea mate. It was just a joke about the Glazers spending years avoiding putting money into the club, and then suddenly doing so when they’re not in control anymore.

I have no idea how Jim is going to finance his vision of the improvements that need to be made, I don’t think anyone does. It’s all speculation.
Ah right, yes they was kind of my point too. I just think the idea of the glazers being around is a bigger problem than people are willing to admit. I also don’t get why Jim, knowing he can afford it, hasn’t pledged for a full stake. It all stinks.