United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You're just plucking names that may be available. Modric has struggled to assert himself in the PL and is a bit too lightweight, has been moved out wide left to get the center of midfield working from what I've seen.

Moutinho is £#%&!ing tiny, whenever he has played against us he has struggled to get into the game, he struggled to impose himself at the U21 tournament a few years ago as well. Just a bit too small and light for us.

De Rossi, seems a good player, looked good and bad fairly evenly in the games I've seen, but the fact of the matter is he won't be leaving Roma. Ever.

Anything else out there. We don't want to be signing players just for the sake of it.

Gojko Kacar.

Unread 07-07-2009, 09:51 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman

Gojko Kacar.
He's gorgeous.

I deffo would.

Unread 07-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:

Gojko Kacar.
That would be a £#%&!ing great signing.

You just know he would absolutely love the Premiership. He is so versatile aswell, SAF would £#%&!ing love him.

Would personally deploy him as a holding midfielder, has the stamina/energy to run around for ages in there and as seen with his versatility being able to play in an attacking role aswell upfront - he wouldnt be shabby on the ball.

Actually started out as a central defender, still plays there sometimes.

Cool little serbian community building at United

Unread 07-07-2009, 09:52 PM
dunk

Quote:

Gojko Kacar.
I watched him a few times in the U21 Euro's, I was very impressed, can play in a variety of positions and gets all over the pitch.

Someone said we are looking at him?

Unread 07-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
I watched him a few times in the U21 Euro's, I was very impressed, can play in a variety of positions and gets all over the pitch.

Someone said we are looking at him?
German and Serb press have said he is subject of a £8m bid from United.

Based on what ive seen and looking at players like Roger Johnson from the championship costing £5m, that is a £#%&!ing bargain. Only 22 aswell.

Unread 07-07-2009, 09:56 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
German and Serb press have said he is subject of a £8m bid from United.

Based on what ive seen and looking at players like Roger Johnson from the championship costing £5m, that is a £#%&!ing bargain. Only 22 aswell.
Is there any chance of that actually being true though? I'd be chuffed if we did go for him.

Can't help but think we are bordering on Serb-heavy atm though.

Unread 07-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
all depends on your definition of creativity, i suppose.

last season our most creative players were
giggs
berbatov
rooney
carrick

as i said, for me ronaldo has become much more effective as a weapon but less creative for the team in the last two seasons. that's in no way a criticism of the lad, btw, but a result of the way fergie chose to use him. with a couple of out and out strikers at real i'd imagine he will play a bit deeper there and be less of a goalscorer and more of a creative influence next year.
this'll do as a definition for now:

creativity and imagination are the essence of entertainment and excitement on a football pitch

the ability to create and score goals with a bit of magic is the essence of entertaining and exciting winning football

for example, the breakaway goal against arsenal was straight off the training pitch in its clinical execution - off the ball movement, timing of the pass, sliderule finish. but it began with a touch of creative and visionary brilliance from Ronaldo's back heel for Park. how many players in the world would even have considered stopping the ball in that position and actually running away from it?

Unread 07-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
Is there any chance of that actually being true though? I'd be chuffed if we did go for him.

Can't help but think we are bordering on Serb-heavy atm though.
Think it was sourced from the Berliner, dunno why theyd make something like this up. We might know more in the next week and a half as I imagine the boss would want most of his new signings in for pre season...

I dont mind the amount of serbs at all, look at Vidic and the example he has set to them all. They would all be commited to United, they're clearly hard working people and it looks like there is a good generation coming through for them right now.

Unread 07-07-2009, 10:03 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Thursday.

Unread 07-07-2009, 10:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
Think it was sourced from the Berliner, dunno why theyd make something like this up. We might know more in the next week and a half as I imagine the boss would want most of his new signings in for pre season...

I dont mind the amount of serbs at all, look at Vidic and the example he has set to them all. They would all be commited to United, they're clearly hard working people and it looks like there is a good generation coming through for them right now.

YouTube - Gojko Kacar - Midfield Maestro
I have no issue with Serbs, just not like United to have too big a contingent from any one place. We shall see. If we were to sign him and Rodwell, I'd be delighted.

Unread 07-07-2009, 10:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Thursday.
Friday

Unread 07-07-2009, 10:14 PM
Wez

Gojko &

Unread 07-07-2009, 10:15 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Thursday.

Unread 07-07-2009, 10:35 PM
Sloane

Unread 07-07-2009, 10:38 PM
JakeB

Where is this Kacar stuff coming from? I haven't noticed a single story linking us to him?

Unread 07-07-2009, 10:59 PM
Barracuda

Wherever the rumours are coming from I hope they are genuine.

I've only seen a handful of games Kacar has played in - and ideally I'd like to see a lot more of him before judging him - but he does look like one hell of a player in the making.

He's very unusual in that he's a real all-rounder in the style of Robbo, and that's a type of player you don't see much these days. He's certainly not frightened to put himself about, he has great ability and looks very comfortable with the ball at his feet, - and he drives forward and attacks as well.

If he is consistently as good as the few games I've seen, then I'd love to see us get him - he might not be the finished article that perhaps we need in the midfield, but he'd still be a very good addition.

Unread 07-07-2009, 11:07 PM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
Where is this Kacar stuff coming from? I haven't noticed a single story linking us to him?
German press - Berliner

Serbian press -various

Prices mentioned £8m.

Ole was mentioned in the serb article, he was there to watch Tosic in the U21 then was really impressed by Kacar. Apparently we knew about him before that too so if this is all true it could be that Ole noticing him speeded things up.

Unread 08-07-2009, 12:00 AM
jem

Default it's been a while since

we had a new bryan robson.

joe cole would be a classic fergie signing in a couple of years time. :0)

meanwhile, pray hargo gets fit. play the twins in midfield. tell carrick to shoot more. and let rooney play the scholes role (officially).

Unread 08-07-2009, 12:11 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
If Alonso goes to Madrid, that's who the papers are saying the dippers will be after.

Unread 08-07-2009, 12:37 AM
JakeB

Quote:
German press - Berliner

Serbian press -various

Prices mentioned £8m.

Ole was mentioned in the serb article, he was there to watch Tosic in the U21 then was really impressed by Kacar. Apparently we knew about him before that too so if this is all true it could be that Ole noticing him speeded things up.
Oh okay. I know absolutely nothing about him and won't pretend to..just wanted to know where the speculation was coming from.
Closed Thread