United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-07-2018, 12:47 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Don't worry, he won't be here for much longer.

Then we can go and get one of these magical unicorn managers that everyone wants.
Better a manager with a horn on his head than a manager with a #@&%! on his head.

Unread 23-07-2018, 12:49 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Better a manager with a horn on his head than a manager with a #@&%! on his head.

Unread 23-07-2018, 12:49 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
Jose is such a £#%&!ing @#%&!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Fact.
Eh?

What do you want him to do, pay for the transfers himself?

Unread 23-07-2018, 12:50 PM
ziggyman17

Just as we need a couple of new players.. Getting the likes of Darmian, Jones and Rojo sold is just as important.. I do not want them near the first team next seson.. Bailly, Lindelof starting with Smalling and Axel as back up and Tim and the new kid competing for right back with Valencia.. Get Sanchez on the right and have Rashford and Martial compete for the left side. If Mourinho cannot make a go of that with the likes of Pogba, Lukaku, Matic then get rid and get someone in who can..

Unread 23-07-2018, 12:52 PM
Curtis

Someone on twitter made a pretty salient point yesterday about city's approach compared to ours:

Pep spent big buying a keeper, he was shit so they spent heavy on a replacement one season later.
50 mill on Stones, he didn't pan out they way they'd hoped so they spent another 50+ on Laporte.
Navas, flopped so bought Silva.
Bought Nolito, flopped so bought Jesus.
The list goes on. All within a year or two of each other.

Meanwhile we are still playing with 30+ year old wingers as fullbacks, Smalling as a first choice and no recognized right winger.

That club's attitude toward upgrading playing staff puts United's in the shade. Despite us being technically able to outspend almost anyone and stay inside FFP, Glazer's approach doesn't seem like changing any time soon.

Unread 23-07-2018, 12:53 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
Just as we need a couple of new players.. Getting the likes of Darmian, Jones and Rojo sold is just as important.. I do not want them near the first team next seson.. Bailly, Lindelof starting with Smalling and Axel as back up and Tim and the new kid competing for right back with Valencia.. Get Sanchez on the right and have Rashford and Martial compete for the left side. If Mourinho cannot make a go of that with the likes of Pogba, Lukaku, Matic then get rid and get someone in who can..
He did make a go of it last season. He finished with the most points we've accumulated since ferguson left.

Unfortunately he couldn't finish above the bloke spending 500m in 2 years whilst signing 14 players.

Unread 23-07-2018, 12:55 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
Someone on twitter made a pretty salient point yesterday about city's approach compared to ours:

Pep spent big buying a keeper, he was shit so they spent heavy on a replacement one season later.
50 mill on Stones, he didn't pan out they way they'd hoped so they spent another 50+ on Laporte.
Navas, flopped so bought Silva.
Bought Nolito, flopped so bought Jesus.
The list goes on. All within a year or two of each other.

Meanwhile we are still playing with 30+ year old wingers as fullbacks, Smalling as a first choice and no recognized right winger.

That club's attitude toward upgrading playing staff puts United's in the shade. Despite us being technically able to outspend almost anyone and stay inside FFP, Glazer's approach doesn't seem like changing any time soon.
The Glazer scum don't care about winning, or the quality of the football.

As long as we keep getting into Europe and they can keep milking the cash cow then everything is rosy in the garden.

Unread 23-07-2018, 12:57 PM
Ethers

Quote:
He did make a go of it last season. He finished with the most points we've accumulated since ferguson left.

Unfortunately he couldn't finish above the bloke spending 500m in 2 years whilst signing 14 players.
Yes, poor Jose has only had £400m to spend tbf and couldn’t possibly have been expected to actually look like mounting a title challenge at any point, or even playing any decent football.

If you’re happy with last season fair enough, we’ll probably get much of the same this season.

Unread 23-07-2018, 12:58 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Yes, poor Jose has only had £400m to spend tbf and couldn’t possibly have been expected to actually look like mounting a title challenge at any point, or even playing any decent football.

If you’re happy with last season fair enough, we’ll probably get much of the same this season.
Where did i say i was happy?

Progress was made. Not enough, but it was progress and you'd be churlish to deny it.

Other than that i didn't enjoy it at all.

Unread 23-07-2018, 01:01 PM
plopborsky

Quote:

Don’t care about points a don’t care about money the fact that he blames everyone else for every situation since he came to the club is getting tiresome.

I don’t expect united to win the league every season but the way he goes about being the manager of united makes even the most positive person want to £#%&! it all off

Unread 23-07-2018, 01:03 PM
puressence

Quote:

wow no subs cant believe it

Unread 23-07-2018, 01:03 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Where did i say i was happy?

Progress was made. Not enough, but it was progress and you'd be churlish to deny it.

Other than that i didn't enjoy it at all.
There was progress in terms of the points total, and I think our big game performances improved massively over the 2nd half of the season.

In terms of style of play/excitement there was zero progress imo, and given what’s happened over the summer it feels like we’re in danger of going backwards if anything

Unread 23-07-2018, 01:04 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Don’t care about points a don’t care about money the fact that he blames everyone else for every situation since he came to the club is getting tiresome.

I don’t expect united to win the league every season but the way he goes about being the manager of united makes even the most positive person want to £#%&! it all off
Well that's just as well because United won't be winning the league for a very long time.

Unread 23-07-2018, 01:05 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Well that's just as well because United won't be winning the league for a very long time.
And a lot of that is down to him

Unread 23-07-2018, 01:05 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
There was progress in terms of the points total, and I think our big game performances improved massively over the 2nd half of the season.

In terms of style of play/excitement there was zero progress imo, and given what’s happened over the summer it feels like we’re in danger of going backwards if anything
We are, I fear.

The manager sounds like he's just given up now. I have also given up any hope of it working out under him.

As i said, he'll be gone by christmas when we're about 15 points behind City

Quote:
And a lot of that is down to him
It really isn't.

Unread 23-07-2018, 01:08 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
We are, I fear.

The manager sounds like he's just given up now. I have also given up any hope of it working out under him.

As i said, he'll be gone by christmas when we're about 15 points behind City

It really isn't.
You just said the manager has given up and then said it’s not really down to him.

Unread 23-07-2018, 01:10 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
You just said the manager has given up and then said it’s not really down to him.
I think the over all state of manchester united and it's squad has deeper roots than the bloke who's been in charge 2 years and won 2 trophies.

You can trace it back to Ferguson's last 3-4 years in charge and the hand over of power when he left. That's to blame. The utter stagnation, the tight-£#%&! transfer policy and relying on Ferguson to work miracles with players reaching their 40s.

The managers since then have merely been a symptom of the disease which is that we are a dreadfully run football club

Unread 23-07-2018, 01:13 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
I think the over all state of manchester united and it's squad has deeper roots than the bloke who's been in charge 2 years and won 2 trophies.

You can trace it back to Ferguson's last 3-4 years in charge and the hand over of power when he left. That's to blame.

The managers since then have merely been a symptom of the disease which is that we are a dreadfully run football club
You are flip flopping pal the other post was about how we had our best points total since fergie and it was progress etc

City are not that £#%&!ing good. They just have a much better manager.

Unread 23-07-2018, 01:16 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
You are flip flopping pal the other post was about how we had our best points total since fergie and it was progress etc

City are not that £#%&!ing good. They just have a much better manager.
Yes I stated a fact mate. It's a fact.

It's also a fact that unless we invest a hell of a lot more in this squad then we won't be challenging for any big prizes under this manager or the next one...or the one after that.

United obviously aren't willing to do what it takes to challenge City so with that being said I think Mourinho will just £#%&! it all off or be sacked soon. It won't work out.

Unread 23-07-2018, 01:17 PM
Sandman

You can't possibly pin the blame for us playing dull, defensive football, on the manager who has built his career on dull, defensive football. Clearly the blame lies with Fergie, who retired half a decade ago.
Closed Thread