United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-10-2017, 09:47 PM
Fat Al

Glad it's not just my son have junior football tribulations.

He'd been playing for the same team for 4 seasons. Of the entire squad from when he joined, only him, the coaches son, the coaches step-son & the coaches best mates son are still there. All the other players have moved to other clubs.
And finally this summer, Al Jnr told me he wanted out. The coaches step-son is a biggest complainer I've ever seen. He complains/whingers about EVERY £#%&!ing thing. Even coming off the pitch after winning 10-0 the little @#%&! is complaining about ref decisions/linesmens decisions/fouls not given.
And the best mates son is a £#%&!ing @#%&!. In all my life, I have never seen a 10 yr old boy walk off a football pitch (during training) to sit on the sidelines and £#%&!ing CRY because he wasn't getting the ball passed to him.
I've seen this little @#%&! walk off a pitch crying too.
The coach was always yelling at Al Jnr to organise the defence (he's a central defender) and this little @#%&! kid would never do what he was told - so the coach would end up moaning at Al Jnr.
So he just said '£#%&! it, i'm out of there'. He's sick of carrying the can for the @#%&! bitch & the whining/compliaing/sulking/crying has just £#%&!ed him off. He started training with another team. Now, his old team were an U-13 team even tho Al Jnr should be playing in an U-12 team. The new team is U-12. So, OK, every dad wants his kid to be a top footballer. But taking off the parental rose tinted specs, he isn't a bad player. He won't ever get a trial for a top club. He's a decent player but that's it. For his old team, even tho he was a year younger than most of his opponents, he played pretty much every minute of every game.
For 2 months, the coach of the new team kept telling him "Just keep coming training & let me see how you progress".
£#%&! off mate. They play 30 mins each way & have unlimited rolling subs. He can get a look at him playing in a match any £#%&!ing time. He was just taking the piss.
So he's £#%&!ed off that team too.
He starts training tomorrow for a new team. A couple of the lads who left the first team play for them so fingers crossed he settles in & gets some match time.

If not, I'm gonna find a local American Football team. He's only 11 yrs old but he can already throw a full size ball 20-30 yds with a perfect spiral & straight to hands. And he's built like a Linebacker, so I'm certain he'll do well.

Unread 30-10-2017, 10:37 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al

He'd been playing for the same team for 4 seasons. Of the entire squad from when he joined, only him, the coaches son, the coaches step-son & the coaches best mates son are still there. All the other players have moved to other clubs.
And finally this summer, Al Jnr told me he wanted out. The coaches step-son is a biggest complainer I've ever seen. He complains/whingers about EVERY £#%&!ing thing. Even coming off the pitch after winning 10-0 the little @#%&! is complaining about ref decisions/linesmens decisions/fouls not given.
And the best mates son is a £#%&!ing @#%&!. In all my life, I have never seen a 10 yr old boy walk off a football pitch (during training) to sit on the sidelines and £#%&!ing CRY because he wasn't getting the ball passed to him.
The coach was always yelling at Al Jnr to organise the defence (he's a central defender) and this little @#%&! kid would never do what he was told - so the coach would end up moaning at Al Jnr.
So he just said '£#%&! it, i'm out of there'. He's sick of carrying the can for the @#%&! bitch & the whining/compliaing/sulking/crying has just £#%&!ed him off. He started training with another team. Now, his old team were an U-13 team even tho Al Jnr should be playing in an U-12 team. The new team is U-12. So, OK, every dad wants his kid to be a top footballer. But taking off the parental rose tinted specs, he isn't a bad player. He won't ever get a trial for a top club. He's a decent player but that's it. For his old team, even tho he was a year younger than most of his opponents, he played pretty much every minute of every game.
For 2 months, the coach of the new team kept telling him "Just keep coming training & let me see how you progress".
£#%&! off mate. They play 30 mins each way & have unlimited rolling subs. He can get a look at him playing in a match any £#%&!ing time. He was just taking the piss.
He starts training tomorrow for a new team. A couple of the lads who left the first team play for them so fingers crossed he settles in & gets some match time.

If not, I'm gonna find a local American Football team. He's only 11 yrs old but he can already throw a full size ball 20-30 yds with a perfect spiral & straight to hands. And he's built like a Linebacker, so I'm certain he'll do well.
Take him to rugby pal. My lad plays football and rugby union both to a pretty decent standard but football

Unread 31-10-2017, 09:36 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:

Good luck to him.

Move up here Al, he can join the Manchester Titans Juniors.
Scholes Jnr wants to join but the season runs at exactly the same time as football and he doesn't want to give that up

Unread 31-10-2017, 11:52 AM
Throw

Quote:

3 teams in 3 weeks Al? Think the problem might be closer to home.

Unread 31-10-2017, 01:36 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw
3 teams in 3 weeks Al? Think the problem might be closer to home.
I think you need to re-read my post TBH

Unread 31-10-2017, 02:06 PM
Throw

Quote:
I think you need to re-read my post TBH
Orrrrr

Unread 31-10-2017, 02:29 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw
Orrrrr
You seemed to have missed the bit where I said he spent 2 months training for the second team he joined.
But have at it, by all means.

Unread 31-10-2017, 02:37 PM
Throw

Quote:
You seemed to have missed the bit where I said he spent 2 months training for the second team he joined.
But have at it, by all means.
Artistic license big man.

Unread 31-10-2017, 06:28 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
The reason I stopped coaching my lads team - it gets a lot worse the older they get!!
The adults?

Unread 31-10-2017, 08:56 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
The adults?
In the main pal yes - what I meant was the moaning and threats etc from the parents gets worse as their kids get older - but then the teenage players start getting mouthy when adults are shouting as well.

Unread 19-11-2017, 02:27 PM
Fat Al

Debut today for Al Jnr.

Unread 20-11-2017, 10:14 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Definitely looking like my last year doing this, its driving me crazy.

We've lost 2 keepers already this season who want to play rugby , lost 2 others to Academies and down the the bare bones. Any decent player is signed up so we have to deal with what we have for the rest of the season.

They are now at the age where training is 50/50 some weeks we have 12-14 some weeks we have 4 so can't work on anything.
Parents rocking up with their kids with 5 mins to kick off can £#%&! off as well

Unread 20-11-2017, 10:36 AM
Bunker Buster

Cool

Son Had his first proper session on Sunday....

Had to give up Didikicks due to his shyness...was horrific getting him to join in but an older lad, united away kit took him under his wing...

Found out he’s left footed and not bad with it, lovely Poise..

The journey begins..

From 4 to number 7

Unread 20-11-2017, 10:37 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Son Had his first proper session on Sunday....

Had to give up Didikicks due to his shyness...was horrific getting him to join in but an older lad, united away kit took him under his wing...

Found out he’s left footed and not bad with it, lovely Poise..

The journey begins..

From 4 to number 7

Good luck to him pal

Unread 28-01-2018, 02:37 PM
Fat Al

First game back after the Xmas break (after 3 games being cancelled due to bad weather).

Playing on a pitch in a £#%&!ing gale.
Buggered if I’m getting out of the car for this one.

Unread 28-01-2018, 04:01 PM
MOE1948

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
In the main pal yes - what I meant was the moaning and threats etc from the parents gets worse as their kids get older - but then the teenage players start getting mouthy when adults are shouting as well.
This is so true I have 4 boys they all went through the ice hockey system here
so I threw in my hand to coach (manager equal football) started at the age 4-5 yrs old thru to 16-17 yrs old through the system plus my youngest made the elite team as a goaltender and was asked to be manager of that team (organize travelling etc etc.)

every year from 4yrs to 17 yrs it got worst mostly the parents at around the 15 yr mark I went after the biggest mouth in public never got a peep after that.

It is sad when volunteers have to quit because of pressure.

Unread 12-05-2018, 07:34 PM
puressence

Middle lad won his cup final 2-1 today at curzon Ashton absolute scenes tears the lot was £#%&!ing amazing

Unread 12-05-2018, 09:45 PM
The Stella Fella

My 16yr olds team wrapped up the league today with only 1 defeat all season (2-1) and should have won that game as well. Cup final tomorrow as well playing at Bolton on Reebok/Macron stadium. Win tomorrow (hopefully) to secure the double in his first year at this new team - who had never won anything beforehand.

Unread 12-05-2018, 10:04 PM
Switching Off

Park Royal in Macclesfield tomorrow

Supposed to be a mid Cheshire league ffs.

Unread 13-05-2018, 01:16 PM
Albert Tatlock

Working at my lad's club's international U8/U9 Tournament. Currently watching Spurs U9 Vs Bayer Leverkusen U9
Closed Thread