United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-08-2018, 12:14 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Who’s going to slag off a young player after a few games? He’d looked good in his first game or two. But then so did others who were then shipped out by van gaal. He also looked what he was in a couple of others, inconsistent and a lot to learn. If he has what it takes he’ll develop it on loan. The season after next is the key one for him as far as united is concerned.
Bar Rashford, Mensah looked miles brighter a prospect than any of the others. Borthwick looked decent too, but Mensah looked gold. I'm not surprised that the following season spent doing absolutely nothing didn't really develop his game much.

Unread 06-08-2018, 12:15 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I'm not surprised that the following season spent doing absolutely nothing didn't really develop his game much.
More reason to go on loan.

Unread 06-08-2018, 12:18 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
More reason to go on loan.
Or play for us?

Unread 06-08-2018, 12:28 AM
sa7

Quote:
Who’s going to slag off a young player after a few games?

Unread 06-08-2018, 12:58 AM
S/Side.Red

I really should have thought of that.

Unread 06-08-2018, 07:30 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
The season after next is the key one for him as far as united is concerned.
So it's 3 seasons to judge a manager, 2 centre backs (not 1) to transform a team, and 4? seasons for a young player before he's good enough for the first team.

You got a book with all these numbers and timeframes in?

Unread 06-08-2018, 08:52 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
So it's 3 seasons to judge a manager, 2 centre backs (not 1) to transform a team, and 4? seasons for a young player before he's good enough for the first team.

You got a book with all these numbers and timeframes in?

Unread 06-08-2018, 08:54 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
I think he looked decent for a few games.... but that was a while ago and he was very up and down at palace.

Just a gut feeling I don't think he's good enough.... prefer tuanzebe , personally
tuanzers.... also going on loan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
still in need of a lot of coaching.
best jose sends him to someone who knows what the £#%&! he's doing then.

£#%&! this thread. timmeh and tuanzers should both have had plenty of games for us given the shit we have in their positions. anyone who doesn't think they looked good when they played (exceptionally good) is just being a dick.

Unread 06-08-2018, 09:37 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
tuanzers.... also going on loan?

best jose sends him to someone who knows what the £#%&! he's doing then.

£#%&! this thread. timmeh and tuanzers should both have had plenty of games for us given the shit we have in their positions. anyone who doesn't think they looked good when they played (exceptionally good) is just being a dick.
This.

Unread 06-08-2018, 10:23 AM
ScholesGingerSheen

Loan is probably the right move for his age, but I'd be tempted to give him a go at right back given he can play it, full back is a traditional position when you're trying to bring young centre halves through (Wes, O'Shea, Evans) and Valencia is so £#%&!ing meh.

Suggesting Tuanzebe is ready to start at centre half based on 4 games over a season ago where he was clearly worse than what we have is pie in the sky nonsense.

Unread 06-08-2018, 10:46 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Loan is probably the right move for his age, but I'd be tempted to give him a go at right back given he can play it, full back is a traditional position when you're trying to bring young centre halves through (Wes, O'Shea, Evans) and Valencia is so £#%&!ing meh.

Suggesting Tuanzebe is ready to start at centre half based on 4 games over a season ago where he was clearly worse than what we have is pie in the sky nonsense.
Would prefer practically anyone over Valencia but as that Is just not going to happen, a loan is best. No point being a third or fourth choice.

I thought that both TFm and Tuanzabe looked good when they broke through and hope both can live up to that potential and get even better. I thought Tuanzers was the better long term prospect, but do wonder why his loan period was so disappointing.

Unread 06-08-2018, 10:51 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
He looked strong beyond his years when he first broke through, but was always a bit reckless. Certainly wasn’t exceptionally good
The problem is that a couple of years later, he still looks the same. Watched him a couple of times for Palace and he was okay. Fast, strong, but still in need of a lot of coaching.
Would have kept him for the squad but loan will do him good. Either he’ll improve or stay at that level with another club.
And that’s enough to set off the fanboys

If this lad has a career at Everton/Southampton level, he’ll have done well.

Usual suspects inventing/imagining shit and won’t be happy until we have an average age of 17, then it’ll be Jose’s fault for throwing them in at the deep end.

Unread 06-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
It’s 2 particular centre backs with particular characteristics to transform this particular team. It will be a key season for mensah because of his age at that time. Without inside knowledge, and barring a disaster, tell me how you can differentiate who’s to blame in various situations between manager, players, board or a combination?

It looks like you can’t understand anything I write. Put me on ignore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
You’d like that to be true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen

The gang are all accumulating to give each other a reach around. Don’t spoil it for ‘em.

Unread 06-08-2018, 11:23 AM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

JD reminds me of a character in Gauntlet. Surrounded by the hordes, no hope of victory, but windmilling all the same

Unread 06-08-2018, 11:43 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
JD reminds me of a character in Gauntlet. Surrounded by the hordes, no hope of victory, but windmilling all the same

Unread 06-08-2018, 11:59 AM
dunk

Axel is off to Villa for the season..

Unread 06-08-2018, 12:07 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

%@#$&!s to the hordes. Laughing at the idea of this football cookbook jammy has. Take a coach, simmer for 3 years, add two (2) centre backs. This will transform the end result. Whilst that's cooking bring your young players to the boil with loans over a 4 year period. Ensure its not less or they will be underdone.
No-one can see what Mou is cooking yet but it smells like it's off...

Unread 06-08-2018, 12:15 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Axel is off to Villa for the season..
Don’t see the point. How may games did he play last season?

Unread 06-08-2018, 12:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Don’t see the point. How may games did he play last season?
Not many, had a couple of little injuries I think. The fact they want him back says a lot though..

Unread 06-08-2018, 12:25 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Not many, had a couple of little injuries I think. The fact they want him back says a lot though..
It says they’re broke tbf.
Closed Thread