United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-08-2018, 02:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Berg was a record fee for a defender in the U.K. you clown.

Unread 02-08-2018, 05:36 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Berg was a record fee for a defender in the U.K. you clown.
Yeh, massive, massive fee and a great player. Must have been one of the greatest central defenders ever. Yet maguire is overpriced even though he wouldn’t be a record fee for a defender in the UK. Weird eh.

Feel free to substitute Berg for any defender which satisfies you in the point I was making.

Unread 02-08-2018, 05:38 PM
dunk

Somebody’s sore that we aren’t signing their preferred target

Unread 02-08-2018, 06:02 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Somebody’s sore that we aren’t signing their preferred target
We haven’t signed anyone. And these posts aren’t about preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He wasn’t btw. According to google Graeme le saux had that honour at the time. Though it wasn’t really relevant to the point being made.

Unread 02-08-2018, 06:26 PM
Ethers

Le Saux and Berg both went for £5m the same summer.

And of course it’s not relevant in your opinion, nothing anybody else posts ever is

Unread 02-08-2018, 06:37 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
United want 40m euros according to argy papers.

Milking Everton for all they're worth!

Deal is close.
Bought for £16m, sold for near £40m? What a signing

Unread 02-08-2018, 06:39 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
On the flip side Inter just signed Vrsaljko on loan with with an option to buy for about the same money we shelled out for Dalot.

Unread 02-08-2018, 06:40 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Le Saux and Berg both went for £5m the same summer.

And of course it’s not relevant in your opinion, nothing anybody else posts ever is
It wasn’t relevant to the point. If you think berg was the wrong name to use as an example, use another which suits the point better. The point remains the same. Something is relevant when it’s relevant.

Unread 02-08-2018, 06:51 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
It wasn’t relevant to the point. If you think berg was the wrong name to use as an example, use another which suits the point better. The point remains the same. Something is relevant when it’s relevant.
Are you for real? It’s you that brought Berg up. Why should I have to think of a better example that proves your point for you

Unread 02-08-2018, 07:07 PM
Kangared

Quote:
If he was that good we wouldn’t be selling him. His price is simply a reflection of the silly transfer market. As I told you a while back, in real terms LVG spent more than Jose . This valuation proves it.
I realise you are absolute desperate to find some positives from the absolute shitfest that was the silly Dutch @#%&!’s transfer business so I will leave you to celebrate this one 😳

Unread 02-08-2018, 07:11 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
If he was that good we wouldn’t be selling him. His price is simply a reflection of the silly transfer market. As I told you a while back, in real terms LVG spent more than Jose . This valuation proves it.
I realise you are absolute desperate to find some positives from the absolute shitfest that was the silly Dutch @#%&!’s transfer business so I will leave you to celebrate this one 😳
I'm going to let that slide. Looks like you're in my good books. Stay there imo.

Unread 02-08-2018, 07:13 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
I'm going to let that slide. Looks like you're in my good books. Stay there imo.

Unread 02-08-2018, 07:41 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Are you for real? It’s you that brought Berg up. Why should I have to think of a better example that proves your point for you
Because apparently it was a bad example for the point being made. The point remains. The example obviously needs to have been better, for some.

But as usual, you focus on something irrelevant and ignore the point. Maybe you can’t help it.
Closed Thread