United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-03-2016, 01:35 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Hope he signs until 2020.

Genuine legend of the game, and is building a new side with youth.

£#%&! the clueless knee-jerk, modern fan, Opta stat, Messi v CR7 @#%&!s.

Unread 09-03-2016, 01:53 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
This is the cold reality if lvg stays

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/...19/story.shtml
Bit giddy from Wilson again, tbh.

Quote:
That’s not to say his football will necessarily fail, but Klopp is more flexible, more modern.
Not sure what basis there is for saying Klopp is more flexible. Sounds like a lazy thing to suggest, tbh. If anything surely his career so far has demonstrated an inflexibility, which has seen him unable to reverse decline. By all accounts last season he tried to implement a slightly lower intensity version of his style and it went down so badly with the players that Dortmund tried to get relegated.

Clearly at Liverpool they've only looked good playing high intensity. Doesn't suggest flexibility. Meanwhile, United have played with lots of the ball; we've played with much less of the ball; we've played on the front foot and dominated; we've sat deeper and counter-attacked.

Also not mentioned is that Tuchel took over Dortmund last summer, changed the style from Klopp's hectic 'Heavy Metal' approach to a more possession based football, and they have been revitalised, getting more from Reus, Aubameyang than Klopp ever did.

Unread 09-03-2016, 02:16 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Honesty can't see how he can survive without CL qualification for next season
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Can you even imagine?

he's here now, isn't he?

Unread 09-03-2016, 02:28 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Also not mentioned is that Tuchel took over Dortmund last summer, changed the style from Klopp's hectic 'Heavy Metal' approach to a more possession based football, and they have been revitalised, getting more from Reus, Aubameyang than Klopp ever did.
Was told Tuchel was the one to watch a while ago by my German friend. Very highly rated and he was gutted that Klopp announced he was £#%&!ing off when he did, as his team, Hamburg, were in negotiations with Tuchel at the time, for him to take over and they were blown out of the water when Dortmund suddenly came in

Was talking up the current Mainz manager last week...

Unread 09-03-2016, 02:32 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Was told Tuchel was the one to watch a while ago by my German friend. Very highly rated and he was gutted that Klopp announced he was £#%&!ing off when he did, as his team, Hamburg, were in negotiations with Tuchel at the time, for him to take over and they were blown out of the water when Dortmund suddenly came in

Was talking up the current Mainz manager last week...
Yeah, Tuchel's Dortmund look excellent. Could easily £#%&! Spurs up tomorrow night.

28-year-old in charge of Hoffenheim. Germans not only producing quality on the field, but also in the sage department. Who'd have thought those things tend to be linked

Unread 09-03-2016, 02:35 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yeah, Tuchel's Dortmund look excellent. Could easily £#%&! Spurs up tomorrow night.

28-year-old in charge of Hoffenheim. Germans not only producing quality on the field, but also in the sage department. Who'd have thought those things tend to be linked
Bundesliga Hipster Reds

He watched the Arsenal v Spurs game and was laughing his #@&%! off at the Keepers, reckons over 50% of the keepers in Bundesliga are better than Ospina and Lloris

Unread 09-03-2016, 02:49 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOE
an]

Why not?
Surely you do not believe that a person that blamed every person involved with the Chelsea and threw in the towel will be the messiah that saves United.
If his team loses he just sucks like a spoilt brat.
Look at Chelsea now since he left them.
Where ever did you get Mourinho from in my post, the discussion was Van Gaal having another season.

Unread 09-03-2016, 02:53 PM
jem

Quote:
reckons over 50% of the keepers in Bundesliga are better than Ospina and Lloris
50% of the keepers in my back garden are better than ospina and lloris.

Unread 09-03-2016, 03:02 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Perhaps Moyes was harshly treated after all.
That's heresy round here mate.

Quote:
Delighted and unsurprised tbh.
Consumate contrarian.

Unread 09-03-2016, 03:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Consumate contrarian.
When the only options are the shell of Mourinho and Giggs, it's unsurprising to me that they're prepared to stick with the man they've backed to build a new team tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
50% of the keepers in my back garden are better than ospina and lloris.
Fair point

Unread 09-03-2016, 03:08 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Hope he signs until 2020.

Genuine legend of the game, and is building a new side with youth.

£#%&! the clueless knee-jerk, modern fan, Opta stat, Messi v CR7 @#%&!s.
Right man or not, having a lame duck manager is suicide. Hard enough to get modern day players to toe the line as it is, impossible if they know it's your last year. Fergie acknowledged this mistake himself.

I think both City and Bayern have underestimated the effect of this, though in BM's case it wasn't their choice.

Unread 09-03-2016, 03:09 PM
dunk

Might not be his last year... Extension ahoy!

Unread 09-03-2016, 03:13 PM
utd99

Quote:
When the only options are the shell of Mourinho and Giggs, it's unsurprising to me that they're prepared to stick with the man they've backed to build a new team tbh.
Well then they'd better be right, because I think sticking with a formula that's not working is far more harmful than actively searching for one that might. You make the best decisions you can; some of them will be wrong. Do you keep throwing good money after bad because you don't want to admit the mistake? Van Gaal (so far) has failed; his standards, not mine.

Unread 09-03-2016, 03:18 PM
ScarFace

Adidas deal is reduced by about 30 mil a season if we fail to get CL next year ( presuming we don't this year...which we won't be ).

Do you really think they'll risk LVG or Giggs.... add Chelsea will be back next season, with pep at city.

Jose will be the manager im sure.

Unread 09-03-2016, 03:20 PM
Cream

Agree with Louis on this:

Quote:
"It was another time. You live in the past," said Van Gaal of United's regular recent appearances in the Champions League knockout stages.

"It happens in football. It's normal."
Quote:
"It's not normal that one team dominates for 20 years in a row as champions," he added.
We didn't, but fair enough.

But then he says this:

Quote:
"You are talking about Manchester United and Liverpool, and we are happy to play in the Europa League, but City, Chelsea and Arsenal are still in the Champions League," he said.

"Six clubs are representing the Premier League. You have to be very proud of that because not many countries have so many clubs participating at that high a level."
I couldn't give a £#%&! what English teams are in the CL. £#%&! off. I'm interested in Man Utd.

Screwy Louis.

Unread 09-03-2016, 03:24 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Agree with Louis on this:

We didn't, but fair enough.

But then he says this:

I couldn't give a £#%&! what English teams are in the CL. £#%&! off. I'm interested in Man Utd.

Screwy Louis.
all he had over moyes was his pressers. Even they are shit now.

Unread 09-03-2016, 03:29 PM
utd99

He's recreating expectations, what else can he do? All managers do it, it's their greatest gift. Allardyce and Hughes have never made a mistake or done a bad job in their lives.

To stick with his original statements would be to admit failure. Lowest points tally for a Premier league in many years, and we are not even close to competing for it.

Unread 09-03-2016, 03:41 PM
dunk

Quote:
Well then they'd better be right, because I think sticking with a formula that's not working is far more harmful than actively searching for one that might. You make the best decisions you can; some of them will be wrong. Do you keep throwing good money after bad because you don't want to admit the mistake? Van Gaal (so far) has failed; his standards, not mine.
Ferguson's formula wasn't working after 3 seasons

If the current set up wasn't so focused around a group of kids, I'd probably be inclined to agree with the idea he should be binned, as it is I think he's the best person to carry on with the current squad, and to add to it. He's had just about every bit of bad luck going in the last 4-5 months, some self inflicted, and deserves the chance to come out the other side, imo.

Unread 09-03-2016, 03:43 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
That's heresy round here mate.

Consumate contrarian.
We eviscerated Moyes on here for his expectation lowering self defense, for talking like a underdog. LVG serves the same shit after spending £250 million on incoming players, playing the most dreary football of my Utd watching life-time, and looking likely to finish well off the pace in a league that Leicester City are probably going to win. The response, seconds please

Unread 09-03-2016, 03:50 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Perhaps Moyes was harshly treated after all.
No, he really really wasn't
Closed Thread