United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-10-2014, 07:17 AM
Ethers

I don't agree about the red, but he's spot on witht the other stuff. If you listen to Paddy Crerand we haven't deserved to lose a game for about ten years.

Unread 23-10-2014, 07:18 AM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Context/clarity on the Crerand @#%&! thing, pal?
why would you need context? It's £#%&!ing true

Unread 23-10-2014, 07:23 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I don't agree about the red, but he's spot on witht the other stuff. If you listen to Paddy Crerand we haven't deserved to lose a game for about ten years.

Unread 23-10-2014, 07:23 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
You're a load of fannies, seeing your arse because he dares criticise anything to do with United.

He is just telling the truth, people paid by United will only ever say nice things about United. Next you will be telling me Paddy isn't an embarrassment?

What on earth is worth getting your knickers in a twist over with that?
Exactly. There's actually nothing controversial whatsoever about what Keane's saying.

Unread 23-10-2014, 07:24 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Context/clarity on the Crerand @#%&! thing, pal?
He didn't call him a @#%&! at all - merely said you can't take his opinions entirely seriously...which is right.

He also said many ex players' public platitudes about Fergie's 'great man management skills' don't accurately reflect their private feelings. Again, I've no problem with this... and neither does Keane really. Rather than bitter, he came across as incredibly grateful for having done 12 years at United (and playing under Fergie.)

Unread 23-10-2014, 07:27 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsst

Truth bomb from Keano tbh.

Unread 23-10-2014, 07:41 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Tbf it is pretty counter productive for MUTV to slag off the club. It's why their panel shows are utterly pointless.

Unread 23-10-2014, 07:42 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
He didn't call him a @#%&! at all - merely said you can't take his opinions entirely seriously...which is right.

He also said many ex players' public platitudes about Fergie's 'great man management skills' don't accurately reflect their private feelings. Again, I've no problem with this... and neither does Keane really. Rather than bitter, he came across as incredibly grateful for having done 12 years at United (and playing under Fergie.)
Nice one.

Kev?

Unread 23-10-2014, 07:47 AM
Cream

The Robbo quote.

Seriously though, take a pop at him again and it's over between us.

Ferguson is the RIC of ManYoo. And Labour for that matter. See how he stuck by Tony Blair in his Jon Snow interview? You're an outsider, you get sod all.

Keane disagrees and takes it too far, hence the MUTV incident. He's a contrary bleeder as much as Fergie is 'four legs good, two legs bad'.

On balance I side with Freg. WE know the truth, no need to advertise it to an already hostile outside world.

Unread 23-10-2014, 07:55 AM
S/Side.Red

I find it increasingly difficult to dislike him, tbh. The mad bastard.

Unread 23-10-2014, 07:59 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
“Listen, I’m not bitter and twisted. I don’t have sleepless nights worrying about the way it finished at United,” says Keane. “I had no problem with the idea I was finished there. It was the comments after I left that got my back up. A picture has been painted of me going in to work every day abusing young kids, falling out with staff, being a disruptive influence. Far from it. One of my strengths is my stability. As a kid I played for one club for nine years, I was at United for 12½, I’ve been married for 17 – not sure how that has lasted that long, mind. I like to stick at stuff. United was a brilliant time, fantastic. How come it lasted as long as it did if I was such a disruptive influence, shouting at the kids all the time
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...isruptive.html

What an 'ABU'

Unread 23-10-2014, 08:04 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
“People get swayed by Paddy Crerand. Paddy still thinks it’s nineteen-sixty-£#%&!ing-seven! United have lost 5-0: ‘Ah, you know, they were great.’ Paddy, come on, do me a favour. ‘No, no, United were great.’ No, they weren’t! Why are you saying it?”
can't believe he said that about paddy. of all people.

he must really hate united.

Unread 23-10-2014, 08:18 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Quote:
“I went back to United with my son last year and ended up in the directors’ box. I felt so horrible. Hated it. Then I felt bad that I felt so bad. People were dead nice to me, but I just don’t like people praising me. All I did at United was my job. You shouldn’t be given credit for doing what you’re expected to do. Man United paid me brilliantly. We won a few trophies. But for me, actually, we should have won more. We should have won the Champions League more. God it still hurts some we let go. Maybe I’d appreciate it more if people reminded me of what we blew."
Still gutted the team didn’t win more titles and European Cups in his time. Just another example of his absolute hatred for the club. When will something be done about this monster ffs?

Unread 23-10-2014, 08:20 AM
Zorg

Quote:
"We should have won the Champions League more. God it still hurts some we let go. Maybe I’d appreciate it more if people reminded me of what we blew."
Damn right. 1997, 2000, 2002

Unread 23-10-2014, 08:21 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
can't believe he said that about paddy. of all people.

Roy's good at stating the obvious - at the right price.

Just not sure we need to hear it.

Unread 23-10-2014, 08:23 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Damn right. 1997, 2000, 2002
What a mess that 2002 semi-final was. Took the lead three times over the two games and still managed to get knocked out on away goals. ffs :shakehead:

Forlan at the death...

Unread 23-10-2014, 08:26 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
I was there. There was nothing anti-United said whatsoever. He spoke very warmly about the club (for nearly 2 hours, taking questions from the floor for over an hour) yet was making the point about club employees not making the most balanced of pundits.

Context is everything.
Thanks for clearing that up. The ones I have heard slagging of Keane have an anti Irish agenda.

Unread 23-10-2014, 08:29 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
What a mess that 2002 semi-final was. Took the lead three times over the two games and still managed to get knocked out on away goals. ffs :shakehead:

Forlan at the death...
Shocking performance at OT. Leverkusen were a good side with some excellent players, but we were so complacent in that first leg.

Should never have been knocked out by them. Already thinking we were at Hampden Park, imo :shakehead:

Unread 23-10-2014, 08:34 AM
HotChip

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

Forlan at the death...
A chip wasnt it? Seemed to take for ever. :shakehead: Bloody Forlan.

Unread 23-10-2014, 08:35 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
You're a load of fannies, seeing your arse because he dares criticise anything to do with United.

He is just telling the truth, people paid by United will only ever say nice things about United. Next you will be telling me Paddy isn't an embarrassment?

What on earth is worth getting your knickers in a twist over with that?
+1

Paddy was a "glazer stooge" around 20011 if memory serves....
Closed Thread