United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-08-2018, 10:58 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
"Finally, it's over. Finally, such a difficult pre-season is over. The players were, once more, brilliant, they could not have done better than what they did. Fantastic experience for the boys.

Unread 05-08-2018, 10:59 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeNorris
I nearly passed out through lack of oxygen when reading that second paragraph. You're right though.

We have plenty of problems, but no different from what Fergie faced every season. Unfortunately we now have one major problem, and that's the manager.
Yeah my punctuation and structure goes to shit after too much rum.

Unread 05-08-2018, 11:01 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Our manager hates football.

Unread 05-08-2018, 11:02 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Our manager hates football.
He means about 20% of that but the relentless sarcasm is pretty irritating.

Not quibbling your central thesis.

Unread 05-08-2018, 11:18 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Imagine how the likes of Sanchez must feel playing in a side like that.
At least happy he is being well paid for it?

Unread 05-08-2018, 11:19 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
dude, a new centre back will 'transform' this side.

Unread 05-08-2018, 11:21 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Probably delighted with the 1-0.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Didn't want another 4-1 rubbing like the Liverpool game tbh, imagine what that could've done to the confidence..

Unread 05-08-2018, 11:21 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
At least happy he is being well paid for it?
The voice of New Labour

Unread 05-08-2018, 11:26 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
I don't get why it has to be painted as being so arduous. Bayern strong side against our kids, why not just focus on the positive sides of that, rather than all this "thank God it's over" %@#$&!s? Potentially a huge moment for those kids being viewed as a nightmare. Why?

Unread 05-08-2018, 11:32 PM
andyroo

Quote:
I don't get why it has to be painted as being so arduous. Bayern strong side against our kids, why not just focus on the positive sides of that, rather than all this "thank God it's over" %@#$&!s? Potentially a huge moment for those kids being viewed as a nightmare. Why?
Just bants mate. Boiling piss like a born winner, or something. saffers will be along to interpret it for us mortals shortly.

Unread 05-08-2018, 11:43 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
The kids only came on in the last 15 minutes

It was a strong side before that
Bayern were missing a good few players as well

We genuinely approached it like non-league side would at OT

Unread 05-08-2018, 11:46 PM
Cream

Quote:
He said 'that's fantastic' but really just meant 'look at what I'm £#%&!ing lumbered with'.

Unread 05-08-2018, 11:47 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Ah right. So the kids are only being mentioned at all as part of the deflection. Should have known.

Feel for the manager, being forced to play a few academy lads so clearly against his will. Hope he can find the strength to recover etc.

Unread 05-08-2018, 11:47 PM
andyroo

Quote:

To be fair to the hypothetical non-league side we'd be pretty £#%&!ing confused if we were allowed that much possession anyway.

Unread 05-08-2018, 11:50 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
I'm not mate. The blueprint was clear. Just couldn't do it. He had to go, but we didn't have to abandon the whole idea.... but we did because we're shit scared.
Two mile an hour, statuesque football? His recruitment was broadly consistent with that idea tbf.

One of the many issues with Mou is that it's fairly clear what his blueprint is, a defensive 6-8 players and let the remaining players sort out the counter. Might look slightly more palatable with wing-backs who provide an attacking threat, that the club aren't prioritising full-backs is borderline suicidal. Will go out on a limb to say that whichever CB we pick up this week won't make more than a negligible difference to either our defence nor our style of play.

Unread 05-08-2018, 11:51 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
"My CEO knows what I want and I still have a few days to wait and see what happens," Mourinho said on MUTV.

"The other clubs who compete with us are really strong and already have fantastic teams. Or they are investing massively like Liverpool, who are buying everything and everybody.

"If we don't make our team better it will be a difficult season for us."
He's correct. However he most likely is not looking to bring in the right players in the first place, which makes him the second biggest problem.

The CEO resigned Fellaini for him

Edit: The Glazers/management are obviously the biggest problem. United seems more and more like a business with a football team

Unread 06-08-2018, 01:28 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Abua Goodnews from Facebook is clearly had enough:

Am now officially a Liverpool fans. After careful observation and consultation, I have come to conclusion that Manutd is finished. The real clubs are Man city, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs. I will comeback to invite you guys to celebrate with me when my new team (Liverpool) win the league, FA cup and Champions league this season. For now, it's goodbye manutd.
I didn’t even know that was an option..

See ya mugs..
Closed Thread