United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-01-2018, 01:26 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Probably because we're in direct competition with the other teams and a points system determines the final positions
whilst this is true, the final positions don't make us any more or less shit either.

Unread 05-01-2018, 01:35 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
whilst this is true, the final positions don't make us any more or less shit either.
So what you are saying is that if we finish 20th we would be just as shite as if we finish 2nd

Unread 05-01-2018, 01:49 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
So what you are saying is that if we finish 20th we would be just as shite as if we finish 2nd

if the other teams in the league are better and we finish lower or are worse and we finish higher, we could be the same standard, yes. obviously, whether we are shit is not simply about points or ability to score more than the opposition. we could be unwatchable and win. mourinho would smile. we could cheat to win. mourinho would smile. we could still be shit, 2nd or 20th. not I don't judge the team purely on results. mourinho's teams have won stuff before. mourinho football is still shit football. soz.

Unread 05-01-2018, 01:58 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
if the other teams in the league are better and we finish lower or are worse and we finish higher, we could be the same standard, yes. obviously, whether we are shit is not simply about points or ability to score more than the opposition. we could be unwatchable and win. mourinho would smile. we could cheat to win. mourinho would smile. we could still be shit, 2nd or 20th. not I don't judge the team purely on results. mourinho's teams have won stuff before. mourinho football is still shit football. soz.
I agree it can be painful, but its not always that way. I have enjoyed more games this season than in the 3 under the previous 2 managers combined . The results aren't always an indicator , I thought we were really entertaining & incisive at Leicester but only got the 1 point while we were shit at WBA & got 3
We needed Mourinho , we were in a complete mess. I am not a Jose sycophant, some of his antics , tactics & selections annoy the £#%&! out of me but he is taking us forward & we are improving. Its a slow proshesh !

Unread 05-01-2018, 02:02 AM
jem

Quote:
I agree it can be painful, but its not always that way. I have enjoyed more games this season than in the 3 under the previous 2 managers combined . The results aren't always an indicator , I thought we were really entertaining & incisive at Leicester but only got the 1 point while we were shit at WBA & got 3
We needed Mourinho , we were in a complete mess. I am not a Jose sycophant, some of his antics , tactics & selections annoy the £#%&! out of me but he is taking us forward & we are improving. Its a slow proshesh !
So what you are saying is that if we finish 20th we would be just as shite as if we finish 2nd.

Unread 05-01-2018, 02:06 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
So what you are saying is that if we finish 20th we would be just as shite as if we finish 2nd.
No because if we finish 2nd we will have won a lot more points than if we finish 20th. There are games when you don't get what you deserve, some times you get less, sometimes more, but it evens out & over a 38 game season you do which is why we are improving both in terms of play & position under Mourinho.

You could only disagree if you think we are as shit as Swansea

Unread 05-01-2018, 02:09 AM
armchair

I worry we may never catch runaway, free scoring spurs.

what? what's that you say?

Unread 05-01-2018, 02:23 AM
jem

Quote:
No because if we finish 2nd we will have won a lot more points than if we finish 20th. There are games when you don't get what you deserve, some times you get less, sometimes more, but it evens out & over a 38 game season you do which is why we are improving both in terms of play & position under Mourinho.

You could only disagree if you think we are as shit as Swansea
I don't think we are improving in terms of play, but that is subjective.

presumably you can understand that if you were in a room with a lot of very clever people, you might be the most stupid person in the room. and if you were in a room with a lot of really stupid people, you might be the smartest person in the room. in either case, you would be precisely as smart as you are, though. if you can't open a can of beans, you are going to starve.

Unread 05-01-2018, 02:28 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I don't think we are improving in terms of play, but that is subjective.

presumably you can understand that if you were in a room with a lot of very clever people, you might be the most stupid person in the room. and if you were in a room with a lot of really stupid people, you might be the smartest person in the room. in either case, you would be precisely as smart as you are, though. if you can't open a can of beans, you are going to starve.
What a terrible analogy

Yes it is subjective but its backed up by numbers, as in chances created, goals scored & points gained. Those are very telling stats.

What exactly do you want to see?

Unread 05-01-2018, 02:39 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Sure, but the real point is that nobody is currently sweeping all before them. Apart from city, obviously.
And we are the only team who has been able to compete with them financially.

We have spent just £22m net less than City over the last couple of years. We have spent £251m net more than Spurs in the same period. But of course right now we’d rarher compare ourselves favourably with Spurs and complain City are out of reach

Unread 05-01-2018, 07:06 AM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I think you should take a few days off from posting.. You are like a broken record.

Unread 05-01-2018, 07:29 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
I think you should take a few days off from posting.. You are like a broken record.
Yhgr

Unread 05-01-2018, 07:50 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Yhgr
Yhgr

Unread 05-01-2018, 07:52 AM
puressence

The countries favourites spurs flying i tell thee flying

Unread 05-01-2018, 08:03 AM
jem

Quote:
What a terrible analogy

Yes it is subjective but its backed up by numbers, as in chances created, goals scored & points gained. Those are very telling stats.

What exactly do you want to see?
well, I don't want to see football based on stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
I've read your posts. I won't be taking your advice.

Unread 05-01-2018, 07:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
We have spent just £22m net less than City over the last couple of years. We have spent £251m net more than Spurs in the same period. But of course right now we’d rarher compare ourselves favourably with Spurs and complain City are out of reach
Yes, largely because your hero spent a load on shite
Closed Thread