United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-04-2008, 01:44 AM
S/Side.Red

Let's be honest, though, scoring a £#%&!load in Sweden and for Heerenveen doesn't really make you worth 13m quid does it?

Compare the signing to Birmingham getting Zarate on-loan for nothing. Couple of pretty standard finishes today but I think Boro could have spent the money more wisely.

Unread 07-04-2008, 01:48 AM
RedArmy20

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Let's be honest, though, scoring a £#%&!load in Sweden and for Heerenveen doesn't really make you worth 13m quid does it?

Compare the signing to Birmingham getting Zarate on-loan for nothing. Couple of pretty standard finishes today but I think Boro could have spent the money more wisely.
it does actually. the dutch league isnt THAT bad. i know it isnt THAT good either. but the league still has some qualities. and we have seen loads of players coming from the dutch league who have cost alot.

the money in football is alot now a days. maybe yes its too much paid for a player, but come on, we paid 16m for carrick. its just the money in football now a days, its too much money.

in my book the player doesnt have to be better than what he was because of the price tag.

Unread 07-04-2008, 01:58 AM
S/Side.Red

I think the Dutch league is that bad, tbh. Most players signed from the Dutch league for large fees have usually impressed in another competition, be it international level or in Europe. I saw the game where he scored seven goals - he didn't even look anything special in that, which says it all. The defending was just so bad.

Unread 07-04-2008, 02:01 AM
RedArmy20

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I think the Dutch league is that bad, tbh. Most players signed from the Dutch league for large fees have usually impressed in another competition, be it international level or in Europe. I saw the game where he scored seven goals - he didn't even look anything special in that, which says it all. The defending was just so bad.
but imo, anyone who expected too much from alves was stupid in the first place.

if you have seen him play before coming to the premier league, then you could easily see that he would take time to adapt to the premier league because its much much tougher.

and you could not expect him to be as clinical as he was in the dutch league. its quite obvious.

but its still a good buy in my eyes for boro. he still has the 'lethal' finish to him that many teams lack. and a team like boro could really use a striker like him that will most probably tuck away such good chances.

but then again u cant expect too much. if u know about football you should be able to lower and higher your expectations considering on different things. you cant expect the same thing always etc.

Unread 07-04-2008, 03:01 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

If you look at the second goal it wasnt that straight forward, first off he brought it under control from a knock on whilst on the move, then as he moved into the box and VDS moved to close down the angle he hit purposly over VDS's leg, you can see the way he took a quick look up before finishing that theres something about him. Like redarmy says, you cant expect too much because boro arent a team that is going to create 10 chances a game, they might make one or two and need someone fairly clinical to work with a supply like that. i reckon for them 12.5m is money well spent, should keep them in the prem anyway which will pay back that fee in no time (tv money etc)

Unread 07-04-2008, 03:24 AM
Crumps

Lou, for god's sake stop trying to talk football you just end up looking like some kind of #@&%! farm.

Unread 07-04-2008, 07:38 AM
Whalefish

Where were Utd getting the money for Alves from? They didn't have the cash to buy Anelka, certainly weren't getting the money for Alves.

Until Utd manage to offload the wage thief no striker of note will be arriving IMO. The books need to be balanced after all.

Unread 07-04-2008, 08:08 AM
Zorg

Sorry but this guy scored two easy goals, had he missed either of them he'd have been ridiculed. Any footballer would and should score those.

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:15 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Sorry but this guy scored two easy goals, had he missed either of them he'd have been ridiculed. Any footballer would and should score those.
Tevez wouldn't have scored them both, he'd likely have fired them both straight at the keeper.

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:21 PM
antonin jablonsky

Not difficult to look half decent with John O' Shea and his zone of £#%&!wittery at the back.

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:21 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
Tevez wouldn't have scored them both, he'd likely have fired them both straight at the keeper.
How many goals has Alves scored this season? How many has Tevez?

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedArmy20
they are quite similar. larsson in his younger days had more pace than alves. but otherwise they are quite so similar. larsson>alves though hehe.

the thing that really seperates larsson from not just alves but many strikers around the world is the intelligence. larsson has the 'head' about football. alves lacks a bit of that 'head'. and tbh if he had a bit of that 'head'. he would most probably twice the player he is now.
oh dear

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs down

Quote:
but imo, anyone who expected too much from alves was stupid in the first place.

if you have seen him play before coming to the premier league, then you could easily see that he would take time to adapt to the premier league because its much much tougher.

and you could not expect him to be as clinical as he was in the dutch league. its quite obvious.

but its still a good buy in my eyes for boro. he still has the 'lethal' finish to him that many teams lack. and a team like boro could really use a striker like him that will most probably tuck away such good chances.

but then again u cant expect too much. if u know about football you should be able to lower and higher your expectations considering on different things. you cant expect the same thing always etc.
What is this supposed to mean? I'll tell you what is obvious - you are £#%&!ing clueless. Your posts on here resemble a 12 year olds letter in Shoot or Match. WTF the £#%&! do you know about Alves in the swedish or Dutch leagues? You are talking absolute nonsense. Alves looks a reasonable player, that's it. If any of you clowns think he is good enough to grace the red of Manchester United you need your £#%&!ing heads tested. One bad result = days of %@#$&!s on here.

Unread 07-04-2008, 01:07 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
34 goals in 32 games at one of the worlds top leagues, i'd say thats pretty consistent. S
You sound like a Bertie now. You're actually making things up to try and justify your argument/agenda.

Maybe you're upset about FC or something? Taking it out on MUFC?

Unread 07-04-2008, 01:12 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
Tevez has made a far, far bigger contribution to Utd this season than Afonso Alves has to Boro.

I'll say it again, there's a reason why he went to Middlesbrough.

Unread 07-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Rossobianchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
Tevez has made a far, far bigger contribution to Utd this season than Afonso Alves has to Boro.

I'll say it again, there's a reason why he went to Middlesbrough.
Thread should end here.

Unread 07-04-2008, 02:06 PM
Sparky***

alves? that @#%&! that missed two open goals against chelsea? One of which where cudicini was 20 yards off his line? £#%&! off.

He, like the rest of that disgusting bunch of fraudsters, was having his 'Man Utd Moment'. I'll be surprised if he manages another 2 goals for the rest of the £#%&!ing season.

Unread 07-04-2008, 03:13 PM
RedArmy20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
What is this supposed to mean? I'll tell you what is obvious - you are £#%&!ing clueless. Your posts on here resemble a 12 year olds letter in Shoot or Match. WTF the £#%&! do you know about Alves in the swedish or Dutch leagues? You are talking absolute nonsense. Alves looks a reasonable player, that's it. If any of you clowns think he is good enough to grace the red of Manchester United you need your £#%&!ing heads tested. One bad result = days of %@#$&!s on here.
its hard to explain to kids like yourself. he is a good player no doubt about that. im not having a £#%&!fest about him becuase we lost 2 points against their team and he scored 2 goals. im happy that he scored, i liked him since his time in sweden. and i have watched him more than you have done you £#%&!ing tit. i dont think you know much about foreign football. he is not a great player, but he is a good player.

Unread 07-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
its hard to explain to kids like yourself. he is a good player no doubt about that. im not having a £#%&!fest about him becuase we lost 2 points against their team and he scored 2 goals. im happy that he scored, i liked him since his time in sweden. and i have watched him more than you have done you £#%&!ing tit. i dont think you know much about foreign football. he is not a great player, but he is a good player.

Unread 07-04-2008, 03:14 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
im happy that he scored, .
Well that makes you a @#%&!.
Closed Thread