United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:16 AM
Serenity Now

A good team like, say, Brazil?

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:18 AM
Enjoying Insanity

The referee was more of a goal threat than that short-arsed, fat lump of lard we had playing next to Rooney.

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:21 AM
Ether

EI and LMC should form a comedy double act.

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:22 AM
S/Side.Red

To be honest, Alves is going to have to score twenty plus goals in the league for the next couple of years to vindicate the signing. He's cost them 13m quid and he's already 27 so they'll never get the fee back if they sell him on.

Two very straightforward finishes today. Two £#%&!ing awful finishes last week. I think that'll be the norm for the fat headed @#%&!.

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:22 AM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
You have to wonder what he would do at a decent club that would create more chances for him, dunno i can usually spot a good striker and he certainly looked the part, there were times when he made runs and never got the ball delivered to him, at a decent team that can feed him quickly i reckon he'd be deadly. It's objective and i admit that going off this one game is a bit lame but like i say i thought he was excellent and if he can do that against us, he should be able to do it against anyone, he's at the wrong club imo.
If he could do that consistently against most teams, then he'd be at the wrong club. He doesn't, that's why he's at Boro.

He's a Brazilian international, he's grabbed headlines; loads and loads of quality teams will have had a look at him over the years. Yet none have come in for him and he's spent those years at average clubs. Says plenty about his overall game to me.

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:23 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
The referee was more of a goal threat than that short-arsed, fat lump of lard we had playing next to Rooney.
so Ronaldo's fat now as well

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:23 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
You have to wonder what he would do at a decent club that would create more chances for him, dunno i can usually spot a good striker and he certainly looked the part, there were times when he made runs and never got the ball delivered to him, at a decent team that can feed him quickly i reckon he'd be deadly. It's objective and i admit that going off this one game is a bit lame but like i say i thought he was excellent and if he can do that against us, he should be able to do it against anyone, he's at the wrong club imo.

Yes, it is lame.

All sorts of donkeys have had their day in the sun against us over the years.

Dennis Bailey, Niall Quinn, Kenny Miller (who nearly did so again this season).

FFS even Steven Howard scored against us at OT this season and he is the worst striker to play in the league this season.

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:24 AM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
EI and LMC should form a comedy double act.
Wouldn't be as good as Ed and £#%&! KFC

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:25 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
A good team like, say, Brazil?
And he couldn't even get into that forward line at Copa America.

They've essentially broken their transfer record to sign someone who is actually worse than Vagner Love. That's some going.

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:26 AM
£#%&! KFC

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
And he couldn't even get into that forward line at Copa America.

They've essentially broken their transfer record to sign someone who is actually worse than Vagner Love. That's some going.
word

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:33 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
If he could do that consistently against most teams, then he'd be at the wrong club. He doesn't, that's why he's at Boro.

He's a Brazilian international, he's grabbed headlines; loads and loads of quality teams will have had a look at him over the years. Yet none have come in for him and he's spent those years at average clubs. Says plenty about his overall game to me.
But he was dutch player of the year last year and was runner up for the european golden boot by a point. 34 goals in 32 games at one of the worlds top leagues, i'd say thats pretty consistent. Sure a slow start for boro but he only signed for them in january, give him a chance to settle ect. I reckon boro may have snagged a piece of gold there, a decent striker can make all the difference in the world - just look at bolton.

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:35 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Yeah I did.
Personally, I thought he displayed better technique in the bedroom than he does on the football pitch

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:36 AM
RedArmy20

Alfonso Alves is a good player. i have seen him play in sweden as well. not much though but still. he was good in sweden. but at heerenven he was even better, shockingly better.

heerenven had a good season overall in the dutch league and he could be like a 'ruud' for them and be there to score goals.

but the premier league is tougher, and i think he has realised that. he has taken alot of time to adapt, but he has finally adapted got his confidence and knows how things work in the premier league. and now he will score goals.

now we cant expect him to be a world class player and score loads. but he will certainly be a good player for boro. and boro arent a team that create many good chances so its not really ideal for alves to be at such a team. but he has some quality in him, and i think next season he will be a good player.

if anyone saw him against chelsea should have known that if he started the game against United then he would be on fire and if given the chance he would take it.

its the first time he got a great chance like this and he scored. and he got second one and scored . good player, and certainly he will be 'boro's star player' next season. not that he will become a great player overall in the premiership though.

plays for a shit team, and he wont make them that much better.

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:36 AM
Ether

Quote:
34 goals in 32 games at one of the worlds top leagues, i'd say thats pretty consistent.
We are talking about the Dutch league, right? The league in which Dirk Kuyt and Mateja Kezman also had awesome scoring records?

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:37 AM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
so Ronaldo's fat now as well
No, I'm talking about Tevez.

Have you been on the Buckfast and Smack again ???

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:38 AM
Rossobianchi

Quote:
But he was dutch player of the year last year and was runner up for the european golden boot by a point. 34 goals in 32 games at one of the worlds top leagues,
Dirk Kuyt

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:42 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedArmy20
Alfonso Alves is a good player. i have seen him play in sweden as well. not much though but still. he was good in sweden. but at heerenven he was even better, shockingly better.

heerenven had a good season overall in the dutch league and he could be like a 'ruud' for them and be there to score goals.

but the premier league is tougher, and i think he has realised that. he has taken alot of time to adapt, but he has finally adapted got his confidence and knows how things work in the premier league. and now he will score goals.

now we cant expect him to be a world class player and score loads. but he will certainly be a good player for boro. and boro arent a team that create many good chances so its not really ideal for alves to be at such a team. but he has some quality in him, and i think next season he will be a good player.

if anyone saw him against chelsea should have known that if he started the game against United then he would be on fire and if given the chance he would take it.

its the first time he got a great chance like this and he scored. and he got second one and scored . good player, and certainly he will be 'boro's star player' next season. not that he will become a great player overall in the premiership though.

plays for a shit team, and he wont make them that much better.
Sense. I notices his record in Sweden was good too, some of his runs actually reminded me of larson a bit. From what you've seen of him is that a fair comparison or are they different type of players?

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:49 AM
MrBishi

Quote:
But he was dutch player of the year last year and was runner up for the european golden boot by a point. 34 goals in 32 games at one of the worlds top leagues, i'd say thats pretty consistent. Sure a slow start for boro but he only signed for them in january, give him a chance to settle ect. I reckon boro may have snagged a piece of gold there, a decent striker can make all the difference in the world - just look at bolton.
One of the top leagues?! I enjoy my Dutch footie, but even Dutch fans will tell you what applies in the real world doesn't neccessarily apply in the Eredivisie. And it's very different to the world of the Premiership.

He did have a great season last season, but Heerenveen this season are, if anything, even more creative and (that Heracles game aside) he couldn't recreate that form and got a fair bit of criticism.

Last season was the exception rather than the rule, and my previous point stands, if he really did have that something about him that set him out as a Utd quality player, better clubs would've taken a chance on him thus far. They've had lots of time.

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:54 AM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
One of the top leagues?! I enjoy my Dutch footie, but even Dutch fans will tell you what applies in the real world doesn't neccessarily apply in the Eredivisie. And it's very different to the world of the Premiership.

He did have a great season last season, but Heerenveen this season are, if anything, even more creative and (that Heracles game aside) he couldn't recreate that form and got a fair bit of criticism.

Last season was the exception rather than the rule, and my previous point stands, if he really did have that something about him that set him out as a Utd quality player, better clubs would've taken a chance on him thus far. They've had lots of time.
The Dutch league isn't the best, but it does seem to spawn some incredibly good strikers.

RvN, Romario, Ronaldo etc (and Kuyt )

I wonder if Hunterlaar will fall into this category ??

Unread 07-04-2008, 01:40 AM
RedArmy20

Quote:
Sense. I notices his record in Sweden was good too, some of his runs actually reminded me of larson a bit. From what you've seen of him is that a fair comparison or are they different type of players?
they are quite similar. larsson in his younger days had more pace than alves. but otherwise they are quite so similar. larsson>alves though hehe.

the thing that really seperates larsson from not just alves but many strikers around the world is the intelligence. larsson has the 'head' about football. alves lacks a bit of that 'head'. and tbh if he had a bit of that 'head'. he would most probably twice the player he is now.
Closed Thread