United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-04-2009, 12:33 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
you said Anderson did his usual job on Fabregas. what did you mean by this?
usual job of out playing him in midfield.

quite a few times i saw anderson running past him with the ball.

then again you probably didnt see it as you would see it snowing outside when its actually sunny.

Unread 30-04-2009, 12:34 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

then again you probably didnt see it as you would see it snowing outside when its actually sunny.
it's raining

hth

Unread 30-04-2009, 12:34 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:

did you see that fabregas was playing right up the pitch supporting adebayor for the first hour?

Unread 30-04-2009, 12:36 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
did you see that fabregas was playing right up the pitch supporting adebayor for the first hour?
nope. i wasnt at the game and didnt catch highlights at home either

you do know with us having an impressive territorial advantage 'high up the pitch' for arsenal was about cm for us.

Unread 30-04-2009, 12:39 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
nope. i wasnt at the game and didnt catch highlights at home either

you do know with us having an impressive territorial advantage 'high up the pitch' for arsenal was about cm for us.
so their forwards were playing central midfield?

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Unread 30-04-2009, 12:42 PM
marlo

Quote:
so their forwards were playing central midfield?

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
£#%&!ing hell billy.

you're not that thick.

Unread 30-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
£#%&!ing hell billy.

you're not that thick.
no, you are

you're wrong here but you will argue continually

fabregas sat in behind adebayor, the game passed him by without them having the ball. he was very rarely in direct opposition to anderson

very strange them playing diaby wide and nasri inside (i know he has played in there recently)

Unread 30-04-2009, 12:46 PM
borsuk

Quote:
£#%&!ing hell billy.

you're not that thick.

Unread 30-04-2009, 12:51 PM
marlo

Question

Quote:
no, you are

you're wrong here but you will argue continually

fabregas sat in behind adebayor, the game passed him by without them having the ball. he was very rarely in direct opposition to anderson
no.

we had territorial advantage meaning that as far forward as fabregas was playing he was always just about in our midfield. not mentioning the fact fabregas kept going looking for the ball further back which put him a few times in the same area of the pitch as anderson.
a number of times anderson was running past him with the ball. you are talking like anderson played in a position that lampard plays at chelsea.

anderson got forward alot but his starting position was always cm not in this forward position you ellude to him playing.

Quote:
very strange them playing diaby wide and nasri inside (i know he has played in there recently)
what the £#%&! is this supposed to mean?
and to think, you were at the game.

billy keep an eye on this to confirm anderson and fabregas areas of the pitch later.
http://www1.uefa.com/live/competitio...=-1/index.html

Unread 30-04-2009, 12:52 PM
borsuk

Quote:

if it was any other manager than le professeur there would be a storm of criticism about arsenal's tactical £#%&! up last night. diaby wide? nasri in the middle playing deep?? a left back with the positional sense of a bag of crisps trying to cope with united's movement??? fabregas pushed so high up he could barely get on the ball and an utterly uninterested adebayor played as a lone striker against rio and vidic????

why the £#%&! didn't they go with silvestre at left back and five across m/f, with diaby, song and fabregas all sitting deep and walcott and vela supporting adebayor? one of the most inept team selections i can remember since grant decided essien was a good rb to put up against ronnie in moscow. but it's arsene so we can't suggest he's £#%&!ed up.

Unread 30-04-2009, 01:04 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
no.

we had territorial advantage meaning that as far forward as fabregas was playing he was always just about in our midfield. not mentioning the fact fabregas kept going looking for the ball further back which put him a few times in the same area of the pitch as anderson.
a number of times anderson was running past him with the ball. you are talking like anderson played in a position that lampard plays at chelsea.

anderson got forward alot but his starting position was always cm not in this forward position you ellude to him playing.

what the £#%&! is this supposed to mean?
and to think, you were at the game.

billy keep an eye on this to confirm anderson and fabregas areas of the pitch later.
http://www1.uefa.com/live/competitio...=-1/index.html
it means exactly what i said, thats how they played

i didn't allude to anderson playing up front, fabregas did though. its not hard to understand. carrick sat deeper for us and picked him up, fletch and anderson pressured the ball higher up the pitch

Unread 30-04-2009, 01:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
We were very good but I hope we don't rue our missed chances.
We were excellent in all but our finishing I think.

I hope Almunia slips on a banana skin at home and put's himself out of the next leg. Then we'll have fabianski throwing them in for us like the mickeys did.

Unread 30-04-2009, 02:04 PM
armchair

Two best teams in europe imo. That first half was one of the top performances by United this season and Tev was only taken off to keep him riled up for the rest of the season.

Unread 30-04-2009, 02:16 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
a left back with the positional sense of a bag of crisps trying to cope with united's movement???

Gibbs looks a talented lad - he's certainly good going forward, as you'd expect - and he'll probably end up being a good player, but he's still extremely raw for this level. He had a shocking first half hour or so, after which he recovered fairly well, but he's still a definite weakness we need to focus on exploiting again on Tuesday.

As for Nasri, Wenger sees the deep-lying midfield role as his long-term position in the side, which is a bit of a surprise. He did okay last night, although both he and Song seemed to get little help from Fabregas in terms of tracking the runs of Anderson and Fletcher.

Unread 30-04-2009, 02:16 PM
irk

Quote:

i want a go.

Unread 30-04-2009, 03:34 PM
Tumescent Throb

Anderson marked Fabregas

just £#%&!ing deal with it okay

Unread 30-04-2009, 06:11 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Anderson marked Fabregas

just £#%&!ing deal with it okay

Unread 30-04-2009, 06:27 PM
borsuk

Unread 30-04-2009, 06:39 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

pol john rugby? what the £#%&! is a pol john rugby?
Closed Thread