United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-04-2009, 10:52 PM
shadowplay

Default Rio

Fergie hoping it's not a cracked rib.

Almost certain to miss the next two games.

Unread 29-04-2009, 10:55 PM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
Fergie hoping it's not a cracked rib.

Almost certain to miss the next two games.
was signaling he wanted to get back on after being subbed. could've just been the endorphins but he'll be available for next week, i'm sure. wouldn't be amazed if he's rested saturday, just in case.

Unread 29-04-2009, 10:56 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
was signaling he wanted to get back on after being subbed. could've just been the endorphins but he'll be available for next week, i'm sure. wouldn't be amazed if he's rested saturday, just in case.
Yeah, true.

Alex also mentioned "freshening up" for Saturday, whilst mentioning the likes of Gibson, Scholes and Nani. I hope not.

Unread 29-04-2009, 11:04 PM
Camel

Quote:
Yeah, true.

Alex also mentioned "freshening up" for Saturday, whilst mentioning the likes of Gibson, Scholes and Nani. I hope not.
it's middlesborough ffs

expect to see half a dozen rested. and we'll still beat the schoolboy's protégés, cormfortably.

Unread 29-04-2009, 11:08 PM
user_name

Quote:
Yeah, true.

I hate that game Saturday.

Saturday.... early match.... away... boro.... that stringy hair @#%&! nose on the touch line.....

We need a tidy 4-1 like West Ham at OT late last year.

Unread 29-04-2009, 11:15 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
it's middlesborough ffs

expect to see half a dozen rested. and we'll still beat the schoolboy's protégés, cormfortably.

I'd be laughing if I thought it was going to be a breeze. I don't.

Early game, few changes, those @#%&!s fired up as usual, etc. They're shit, of course, but they were shit the times they've taken points off us, too.

6-0 to them, i reckon.

Unread 29-04-2009, 11:21 PM
Camel

Thumbs up

Quote:
I'd be laughing if I thought it was going to be a breeze. I don't.

Early game, few changes, those @#%&!s fired up as usual, etc. They're shit, of course, but they were shit the times they've taken points off us, too.

6-0 to them, i reckon.
that's the spirit

i've been saying for a couple of weeks now that the fire in the belly is returning. we're coming good at the business end. a little later than usual but the signs are there. no matter the personnel, 3pts saturday are a banker if we play with anywhere near the same intensity as today or the 2nd last saturday.

Unread 30-04-2009, 01:25 PM
Sparky***

Please, please, PLEASE god - don't let rio be seriously injured.

Unread 30-04-2009, 01:34 PM
caliban

fergal mind games.

wenger: united will be rueing their misses
ferie: arse know we can score
wenger: we're at home, our fans will lift us
ferie: arse can put out reserves but not me
wenger: my kids
ferie: rio out

watch as boro's usually nar-dead defenders LAY THEIR BODIES on the line against us. listen how the usually absent smoggies CHEER THEIR ACES and BOO ronaldo.

Unread 30-04-2009, 01:38 PM
MJ Ramone

If Rio misses the next 2 games then Jonny Evans will have to drag a couple of heroic performances out of the bag.
I think if we win these next 2 games(well draw at Arsenal, but you get what I'm saying) then we win back to back Doubles.
These next 2 games are THAT crucial in my opinion.

Unread 30-04-2009, 01:38 PM
armchair

3 weeks, broken rib. Could be a little less though, varies person to person.

Unread 30-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
OH FFS. Jesus wept.

That's basically the rest of the £#%&!ing season.

Unread 30-04-2009, 01:43 PM
MJ Ramone

Has this been confirmed then?
FFS

Unread 30-04-2009, 01:43 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair

Where'd you hear that, arm?

Unread 30-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Has this been confirmed then?
FFS
It's our annual "key player injury during the run-in". Every £#%&!ing season.

Unread 30-04-2009, 01:54 PM
borsuk

evans is a top defender. if he's over that injury he was carrying then he'll be more than capable.

wes on the bench on saturday as well, somebody was saying

Unread 30-04-2009, 02:02 PM
armchair

ssn said 3 weeks for a broken rib and that united are waiting on scans. So that's two different things that could be unrelated.

Unread 30-04-2009, 02:05 PM
armchair

fergie 'just have to wait and see', 'he got a crack on one of his ribs, if it's a break it could be 3 weeks'

Unread 30-04-2009, 02:06 PM
The Return of JC

Middlesbrough will not be easy. They never are. I think I genuinely dislike them more than any other club. We're supposed to hate Liverpool. We're supposed to hate City - it's in the blood, but I have no reason to dislike Boro. They're just so fundamentally unlikable: Laughably overrated English manager, plastic stadium, plastic fans, awful part of the country, music played after goals, dirty and the epitomy of a side that is shit for 36 games a season, but turns it on against us. They're the type of side that you groan at when you see that they're the live Sunday game on Sky.They've had some really interesting flair players down the years (Ravanelli, Juninho, Emerson, Mendieta) and yet they still remain totally boring and unappealing. Most of our recent meetings have been needlessly bad tempered too. They sum up everything that's wrong with post Euro 96 clubs.

And Steve Gibson looks like Tom Hanks.

£#%&! 'em, I'll laugh my arse off when they go down.

Unread 30-04-2009, 02:24 PM
Sparky***

We can only pray that it's just bruising on his ribs.

of course, I don't anticipate for one second it will be, What with our £#%&!ing defensive injury/suspention record this season.

If rio is out injured for 3 weeks it will be a £#%&!ing disaster.
Closed Thread