United (someone weird 33 mins)
Arsenal (Adebayor 54)
United (Rooney 81)

2-1 final
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Unread 29-04-2009, 10:43 PM
magic_cantona

I'll say the obvious and say that we should have battered them out of sight tonight.There should be no illusions that Arsenal somehow a better footballing side, have better players than us or anywhere near as good as us.

Fabregas was again dominated and showed very little against us.Adebayor looked dreadful and it's plain to see why they are renowned as bottlers.

Disappointed about the missed chances but happy with the display.

We'll score at the Emirates, no doubt.

Unread 29-04-2009, 10:52 PM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I'll say the obvious and say that we should have battered them out of sight tonight.There should be no illusions that Arsenal somehow a better footballing side, have better players than us or anywhere near as good as us.

Fabregas was again dominated and showed very little against us.Adebayor looked dreadful and it's plain to see why they are renowned as bottlers.

Disappointed about the missed chances but happy with the display.

We'll score at the Emirates, no doubt.
was rather surprised at wengers tactics tbh. nasri in the middle. adebayor up front on his own for long stretches of the game.

i honestly thought we'd play it cagey and be happy not conceeding whaether scoring or not.

was great to see the tempo from the off carrying on from the second half against spurs. harrying them at all levels of of the pitch. superb. deserved a bigger margin of victory. they won't recover second leg but i think they might get something out of the league game.

Unread 29-04-2009, 10:54 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
was rather surprised at wengers tactics tbh. nasri in the middle. adebayor up front on his own for long stretches of the game.

i honestly thought we'd play it cagey and be happy not conceeding whaether scoring or not.

was great to see the tempo from the off carrying on from the second half against spurs. harrying them at all levels of of the pitch. superb. deserved a bigger margin of victory. they won't recover second leg but i think they might get something out of the league game.
Agreed, Tevez was class in that department.

They couldn't have complained if we were 4-0 up at half time and they'll be happy just to be still in with a shout.

Unread 29-04-2009, 11:01 PM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Agreed, Tevez was class in that department.

They couldn't have complained if we were 4-0 up at half time and they'll be happy just to be still in with a shout.
his first touch was still abominable for the most part but you know you're going to get a player who chases every cause with him. i was a bit perplexed by the dropping of the berbster, but understood it totally in the context once it was evident the gameplan fergie had.

some might say we should be worried we didn't make more of the chances we had, i'd say fergie has arsene on the ropes it it'll be a miracle if he recovers.

Unread 29-04-2009, 11:17 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
his first touch was still abominable for the most part but you know you're going to get a player who chases every cause with him. i was a bit perplexed by the dropping of the berbster, but understood it totally in the context once it was evident the gameplan fergie had.

some might say we should be worried we didn't make more of the chances we had, i'd say fergie has arsene on the ropes it it'll be a miracle if he recovers.
Closed Thread