United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-04-2009, 10:37 AM
Jez Quigley

Default Have to say

I don't quite buy the Barca love in - some utter, utter twunts on the pitch last night from both sides tbh. I don't think I despise a player like I despise Drogba right now. Great player and all but his personality and attitude are a disgrace.

Prefer Schalke/Dortmund to the Barca/Real thing tbh.

However, Nou Camp is a top stadium and I always thought Raul's face was too long and narrow so on balance, I don't have a clue.

HTH.

Unread 29-04-2009, 10:37 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Worst thread I've read in 'yonks'
thats the best post ive read in yonks

Unread 29-04-2009, 11:08 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
agreed
We can't have that, one of us is going to have to change our minds and agree with him.

Unread 29-04-2009, 11:09 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
We can't have that, one of us is going to have to change our minds and agree with him.
well im definitely not going to.

Unread 29-04-2009, 11:12 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
well im definitely not going to.
You have to, I posted a rebuttal first. Its only fair.

Now never mention Rivaldo again without the prefix "harshly dealt with legend"

Unread 29-04-2009, 11:13 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Used to admire Barca now I don't like them. I'm a bit of a racist and I can't stand when Spanish people get arrogant. It feels wrong to me tbh.

Unread 29-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
I don't quite buy the Barca love in - some utter, utter twunts on the pitch last night from both sides tbh. I don't think I despise a player like I despise Drogba right now. Great player and all but his personality and attitude are a disgrace.

Prefer Schalke/Dortmund to the Barca/Real thing tbh.

However, Nou Camp is a top stadium and I always thought Raul's face was too long and narrow so on balance, I don't have a clue.

HTH.
Henry

and it has totally ruined my warmth for Barca

really enjoy watching messi, eto'o, xavi, iniesta

throw was telling me last night that he heard barca were more successful in the Franco years than madrid. neither of us could believe it...maybe in terms of the league only?

Unread 29-04-2009, 11:24 AM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
Henry

throw was telling me last night that he heard barca were more successful in the Franco years than madrid. neither of us could believe it...maybe in terms of the league only?

Good spot there BB.

When Ivanovic held him off in the first half and he was complaining like he had tried to murder him, it brought all my anti-Henry feelings back.

Agree with the others - watching some of those lads is bloody entertaining.

A United Barca final would be epic.

Unread 29-04-2009, 11:29 AM
Sloppy

Quote:
Henry

Unread 29-04-2009, 11:34 AM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy

a sweet image

Unread 29-04-2009, 11:40 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether

Incidentally, I really wish we would stop putting the ball out whenever an opponent goes down. If it's serious, the ref will stop the game. If not, £#%&! them, it's a man's game. The worst that happens is the crowd starts booing a bit, big £#%&!ing deal. And you can guarantee it would stop players going down so easily against us
Totally agree.

And what about Henry's performance? Looked like a limp doll, the replays shows a glancing blow by the other player's shoulder then somebody really gets injured so he has to be ok again. What a @#%&!.

Unread 29-04-2009, 11:43 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
Compared to how we treat our ex players here, Spanish clubs treat their legends like shit, guys like Rivaldo barely have an association with barca anymore depsite being their talisman for yonks.
Baletti got a great reception when he came on last night.

Unread 29-04-2009, 11:46 AM
Jack Duckworth

luffy's had a sullers here, tbf.

alves and ballack were a disgrace for feigning injury last night. it's cynical cheating designed to get an opponent sent off and it should be a mandatory red card.

Unread 29-04-2009, 11:50 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Henry

After the Spanish Civil War, the Catalan language and flag were banned and football clubs were prohibited from using non-Spanish names. These measures led to the club having its name forcibly changed to Club de Fútbol Barcelona and the removal of the Catalan flag from the club shield. During the Franco dictatorship one of the few places that Catalan could be spoken freely was within the club's stadium.

In 1943, at Les Corts, for the first leg of the semi-finals of the Copa del Generalísimo against Real Madrid, the result was a 3-0 win for Barça. Before the second leg, Barcelona's players had a changing room visit from Franco's director of state security. He 'reminded' them that they were only playing due to the 'generosity of the regime'. Madrid side won that game 11-1...

Despite the difficult political situation, CF Barcelona enjoyed considerable success during the 1940s and 1950s. In 1945, with Josep Samitier as coach and players like César, Ramallets and Velasco, they won La Liga for the first time since 1929. They added two more titles in 1948 and 1949. In 1949 they also won the first Copa Latina.

In June 1950, Barcelona signed László Kubala. Kubala almost signed for Real Madrid but the decisive moment to change his mind was when he had married the daughter of Ferdinand Dauchik, who was in contact with Josep Samitiers, then a scout for Barcelona. Obviously because of this relationship, Kubala chose finally to play for Barcelona.[citation needed]

On a rainy Sunday of 1951, the crowd left Les Corts stadium after a 2-1 win against Santander by foot, refusing to catch any trams and surprising the Francoist authorities. The reason was simple: at the same time a tram strike took place in Barcelona, receiving the support of blaugrana fans. Events like this have made FC Barcelona represent much more than just Catalonia and many progressive Spaniards see the club as a staunch defender of rights and freedoms.

Unread 29-04-2009, 12:01 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
After the Spanish Civil War, the Catalan language and flag were banned and football clubs were prohibited from using non-Spanish names. These measures led to the club having its name forcibly changed to Club de Fútbol Barcelona and the removal of the Catalan flag from the club shield. During the Franco dictatorship one of the few places that Catalan could be spoken freely was within the club's stadium.

In 1943, at Les Corts, for the first leg of the semi-finals of the Copa del Generalísimo against Real Madrid, the result was a 3-0 win for Barça. Before the second leg, Barcelona's players had a changing room visit from Franco's director of state security. He 'reminded' them that they were only playing due to the 'generosity of the regime'. Madrid side won that game 11-1...

Despite the difficult political situation, CF Barcelona enjoyed considerable success during the 1940s and 1950s. In 1945, with Josep Samitier as coach and players like César, Ramallets and Velasco, they won La Liga for the first time since 1929. They added two more titles in 1948 and 1949. In 1949 they also won the first Copa Latina.

In June 1950, Barcelona signed László Kubala. Kubala almost signed for Real Madrid but the decisive moment to change his mind was when he had married the daughter of Ferdinand Dauchik, who was in contact with Josep Samitiers, then a scout for Barcelona. Obviously because of this relationship, Kubala chose finally to play for Barcelona.[citation needed]

On a rainy Sunday of 1951, the crowd left Les Corts stadium after a 2-1 win against Santander by foot, refusing to catch any trams and surprising the Francoist authorities. The reason was simple: at the same time a tram strike took place in Barcelona, receiving the support of blaugrana fans. Events like this have made FC Barcelona represent much more than just Catalonia and many progressive Spaniards see the club as a staunch defender of rights and freedoms.
i freely admit that it is very sad that i can allow one @#%&!spangle to overshadow such heritage and principal

my hatred for the man is all consuming

Unread 29-04-2009, 12:09 PM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up

Quote:
i freely admit that it is very sad that i can allow one @#%&!spangle to overshadow such heritage and principal

my hatred for the man is all consuming

I agree BB - and eloquently put

Unread 29-04-2009, 12:12 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

barcelona. great history. shit fans.

went to a midweek game in April 99. Stadium half empty. mate told me it was because:
a. the oot support don't do midweeks because of work
b. it was raining.

Unread 29-04-2009, 12:24 PM
redman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
That is the biggest load of utter %@#$&!s I have read on here ever, and I used to read pure's posts. The rantings of a clueless "footy" fan who doesn't know his arse from his elbow.
Spot on. This is up there with the worst threads ever.

Unread 29-04-2009, 12:27 PM
redman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
luffy's had a sullers here, tbf.

alves and ballack were a disgrace for feigning injury last night. it's cynical cheating designed to get an opponent sent off and it should be a mandatory red card.
As for Drogba, ffs he is a discrase.

Unread 29-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by redman
As for Drogba, ffs he is a discrase.
ahgreed mate.
Closed Thread