United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-04-2008, 09:41 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
A player whose sole purpose is to gamble on knock downs from long balls?

Shall we get Niall Quinn out of retirement too, and fill the midfield with guileless workhorses?

I reckon if we sell Ronaldo and Rooney we could bugdet for that and have a bit left over.

Unread 07-04-2008, 09:54 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
boro have stuck all their eggs in one basket, but i reckon they've got the golden goose.
You are Kevin Keegan and I claim my £5

Unread 07-04-2008, 09:58 PM
Zorg

I wonder if last week there was a discussion on a Chelsea forum somewhere about what an absolute joke signing Alves was for Boro?

I mean, given that he missed at least two open goals against them and basically looked like Garry Birtles on crack.

Unread 07-04-2008, 10:19 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:

Still reckon Alzes is a good buy for boro though, some clubs have spent their tv money on two or three average players, boro have stuck all their eggs in one basket, but i reckon they've got the golden goose.

2 goals ffs

Unread 07-04-2008, 10:30 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Ok i'm guilty i admit i'm wrong here, i shouldnt have mentioned Tevez, guess i was only thinking of how i would prefer more of a direct striker over a player like Tevez that does a lot of peripheral type work. Wish i'd never mentioned his name now

Still reckon Alzes is a good buy for boro though, some clubs have spent their tv money on two or three average players, boro have stuck all their eggs in one basket, but i reckon they've got the golden goose.

It could have been any United player, couldn't it?

Unread 07-04-2008, 10:43 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
It could have been any United player, couldn't it?
if it hasn't been already, he'll get round to them eventually

Unread 07-04-2008, 10:45 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
if it hasn't been already, he'll get round to them eventually
I love seeing LMC trying to defend/explain/rationalise/hide his hatred of our club.

Unread 07-04-2008, 10:51 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I love seeing LMC trying to defend/explain/rationalise/hide his hatred of our club.
whatever floats your boat

he walks under a cloud from what i can tell

never ever has a positive word to say without a negative comparison or rider

Unread 07-04-2008, 10:55 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
whatever floats your boat

he walks under a cloud from what i can tell

never ever has a positive word to say without a negative comparison or rider
I've said this to him.

Aghast he was.

Unread 07-04-2008, 11:05 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I've said this to him.

Aghast he was.
not surprised

poor grasp of language, you see

writing about something he doesn't understand is bound to cause complications

Unread 07-04-2008, 11:11 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

I think theres been a lot more doom threads on here than what i've written - people saying the titles been blown and how we'll win £#%&! all etc.

All i've said is alves looked decent and tevez likely wouldnt have put those chances away. Stand by that too, £#%&! all doom about it, alves goes off a hero to a standing ovation tevez goes off with his head down after doing his tazmanian devil routine for 70 mins.

Anyone care to put their money where their mouth is? 25 quid that alves gets more goals than tevez next season, sort it with paypal or something.

Unread 08-04-2008, 12:49 AM
shenwen

Quote:
I think theres been a lot more doom threads on here than what i've written - people saying the titles been blown and how we'll win £#%&! all etc.

All i've said is alves looked decent and tevez likely wouldnt have put those chances away. Stand by that too, £#%&! all doom about it, alves goes off a hero to a standing ovation tevez goes off with his head down after doing his tazmanian devil routine for 70 mins.

Anyone care to put their money where their mouth is? 25 quid that alves gets more goals than tevez next season, sort it with paypal or something.
I'l send you the 25 quid right now if you promise to £#%&! off in time for next season. how many threads now that you've used to have a pop at tevez? £#%&!ing unbelieveable.

Unread 09-04-2008, 12:53 AM
shenwen

Quote:
yep. see above post.

Unread 09-04-2008, 05:15 AM
Macca1990

Bit O' bandwagon jumping going on here, for what its worth my nan could have scored 47 in 48 for herveenen and the boy hunteerlar or what ever his face is down art ajax looks like a much better prospect, the fact anyone could ever want to even consider traiding a boro player over a united player is shocking

But we need a new dimension up front and as much as I love Louis "The Glass Man" Saha he aint gunna cut it for a full season and you've got to wonder when fergie will cut his losses with him.

I'd love to see David Villa bought in but I can't see it happening.

Unread 02-05-2009, 02:45 PM
Ether

Quote:

Unread 02-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
alves? that @#%&! that missed two open goals against chelsea? One of which where cudicini was 20 yards off his line? £#%&! off.

He, like the rest of that disgusting bunch of fraudsters, was having his 'Man Utd Moment'. I'll be surprised if he manages another 2 goals for the rest of the £#%&!ing season.
Look at that.

I was right about something.

Unread 02-05-2009, 02:48 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
ah, where is lmc these days?

Unread 02-05-2009, 03:08 PM
Tumescent Throb

isn't he Alan? or is that Pure

Unread 02-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
You have to wonder what he would do at a decent club that would create more chances for him, dunno i can usually spot a good striker ,
Quote:
I reckon boro may have snagged a piece of gold there
Closed Thread