United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-04-2009, 01:47 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

They've cracked down on people cancelling their direct debit's. Now it's apparently impossible to do it. They have to sign an agreement and send it to your bank. Thing is, their offices are paperless and thus require no pens so they will never sign it because there are, I've said, no pens in the office. You should send them a pen. Or better still, deliver it to their offices incase they deny reciept. Thing is, they've relocated to Myanmar. Good luck with it anyway.

Unread 30-04-2009, 01:48 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
They've cracked down on people cancelling their direct debit's. Now it's apparently impossible to do it. They have to sign an agreement and send it to your bank. Thing is, their offices are paperless and thus require no pens so they will never sign it because there are, I've said, no pens in the office. You should send them a pen. Or better still, deliver it to their offices incase they deny reciept. Thing is, they've relocated to Myanmar. Good luck with it anyway.
Steve Jones did confirm all of this tbf.

Unread 30-04-2009, 01:53 PM
Coracao

Quote:
What do you mean they have cracked down on people cancelling direct debits?

If you tell your bank to cancel one, they will do so, regardless of what Setanta want.

The only issue there can be is if the claim is being made off your debit card, as some banks are unable to stop the claims going out.

Unread 30-04-2009, 01:56 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao

If you tell your bank to cancel one, they will do so, regardless of what Setanta want.

The only issue there can be is if the claim is being made off your debit card, as some banks are unable to stop the claims going out.
Not so anymore it seems. Technically you enter into an agreement with Setanta wereby both parties need to agree on canceling your direct debits.

Unread 30-04-2009, 01:57 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

cracked down i.e. put some preventative measures in place to stop it happening. Basically setanta have power over the bank when it comes to direct debit cancelling due to the fact that they are a floating TV company.

This basically means that they can control your bank account almost. If you reckon you have cancelled yours I would double check as a mate of mine found out that one of there call centre monkeys had booked 7 days all inclusive in Malta for him and his Mum out of his account.

Unread 30-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Ginners

dont setanta now own most of the banks?

Unread 30-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Not so anymore it seems. Technically you enter into an agreement with Setanta wereby both parties need to agree on canceling your direct debits.

It isn't the correct way of doing it, but it will save you arsing about and they will contact you if a payment is oustanding. There is absolutely no way that a bank wouldn't cancel a direct debit if you requested it to be done.

Unread 30-04-2009, 02:00 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
dont setanta now own most of the banks?
own is probs a bit strong but lets just say they have a pretty big say in what happens atm.

Unread 30-04-2009, 02:00 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
cracked down i.e. put some preventative measures in place to stop it happening. Basically setanta have power over the bank when it comes to direct debit cancelling due to the fact that they are a floating TV company.

This basically means that they can control your bank account almost. If you reckon you have cancelled yours I would double check as a mate of mine found out that one of there call centre monkeys had booked 7 days all inclusive in Malta for him and his Mum out of his account.
I read about that actually! Some of them are still £#%&!ing doing it I heard. £#%&!ers.

Yeah Coracao. It's not right but they've managed to still work within the loopholes I think.

Unread 30-04-2009, 02:01 PM
Ether

Quote:
Cancel your direct debit with your bank and wait for Setanta to contact you. They will probably tell you that you owe a months subscription, thats what they did with me.

I wouldn't even bother trying to cancel with them over the phone, it is supposed to be a nightmare.
Yeah I did the same. They kept ringing me for about a month afterwards telling me I owed them money, then just gave up. No will power.

Unread 30-04-2009, 02:05 PM
ScarFace

wanna cancel mine aswel, where is your setanta number? That you said i need to put on the email

Unread 30-04-2009, 02:07 PM
marlo

cancelling mine now.

Unread 30-04-2009, 02:22 PM
ScarFace

Just rang em, spoke to a Geordie right away.

@#%&! talked me into staying, as he gave me the next 3months half price.

That'l do me, as i would of re-subscribed in August anyway.

Unread 30-04-2009, 02:26 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace

sucker

Unread 30-04-2009, 02:34 PM
ScarFace

I know and he was very nice, he had vocals like Robson and Jerome.

£#%&! !

There is £#%&! all on that channel now nevermind the summer, why did'nt i cancel !

I'm ringing back in a month, just watch.

Unread 30-04-2009, 02:42 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:

Missed a trick there scar, I rang to cancel and got 12 months half price as I know I'll end up reordering in august

Unread 30-04-2009, 02:46 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by scholesscoresgoals2
missed a trick there scar, i rang to cancel and got 12 months half price as i know i'll end up reordering in august
scum !

Unread 30-04-2009, 03:00 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
scum !
Cheers, is fred utd dead now then boss?
Closed Thread