United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-04-2008, 11:35 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Default Alves

Very good movement and much more of a goal threat than Tevez, very cool finishes on both goals, not seen much of him but on todays performance he looks like a class signing for a club like boro.

Unread 06-04-2008, 11:38 PM
Ether

Awesome goal return since he's been there too

I bet the @#%&! doesn't put in another performance like that until the next time we play them

Rossobianchi

He will be shit for rest of the season, guaranteed.

Terry Silver

He was more of a goalthreat than anyone on the pitch for one simple reason. We couldn't handle the long ball, thus any speculative runs he made in behind were liable to end up in a goalscoring chance.

Unread 06-04-2008, 11:39 PM
Qwertyuiop

WOW!! Who'd a thunk it that LMC would be having a dig at a United player!?!?!

Also in this news flash, there hasnt been much sun in Manchester of late.

Unread 06-04-2008, 11:39 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Awesome goal return since he's been there too

I bet the @#%&! doesn't put in another performance like that until the next time we play them
exactly

anyway....you're just bitter LMC because your 'team' got £#%&!ed again

Unread 06-04-2008, 11:40 PM
RedArmy20

he is a clinical finisher. until now he hasnt really had good chances. he got 2 of them today and he tucked them away.

i had a bet on him to score and he won me some money

Unread 06-04-2008, 11:42 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedArmy20
he is a clinical finisher. until now he hasnt really had good chances. he got 2 of them today and he tucked them away.

i had a bet on him to score and he won me some money
Great. That's cheered me right up.

Unread 06-04-2008, 11:45 PM
magic_cantona

Any chance we could have a LMC smiley?

:£#%&!er:

Oh, we've got one already!

Unread 06-04-2008, 11:59 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
exactly

anyway....you're just bitter LMC because your 'team' got £#%&!ed again
Of course he is, we dropped 2 points.

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:01 AM
RedArmy20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
Great. That's cheered me right up.

i made your day worse didnt i?

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:03 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Tevez is a decent all round player, dont get me wrong i'm not saying hes shit, all i'm saying is that going off todays game i was impressed with Alves cut and thrust, i dont know if Alves regulary performs like that but if we could find a player that can do that week in week out then i'd rather that style of player over tevez. Looking at Alves goal scoring record he looks like he does score a lot of goals, surprised a player like that is at boro, would have expected a club with more ambition like spurs to be in for him.

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:07 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
Of course he is, we dropped 2 points.
do keep up you silly @#%&! the team he supports lost three points

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:09 AM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
do keep up you silly @#%&! the team he supports lost three points
I know you @#%&!, I was trying to make light of your silly comment...given that you're obsessed with FC.

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:09 AM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
Tevez is a decent all round player, dont get me wrong i'm not saying hes shit, all i'm saying is that going off todays game i was impressed with Alves cut and thrust, i dont know if Alves regulary performs like that but if we could find a player that can do that week in week out then i'd rather that style of player over tevez. Looking at Alves goal scoring record he looks like he does score a lot of goals, surprised a player like that is at boro, would have expected a club with more ambition like spurs to be in for him.
And therein lies the problem with your point - Alves has been shite for Boro since they signed him from Heerenveen except for this one game, and this season he'd been shite for Heerenveen except for that game against Heracles when he scored 7.

Great season last season, but he's not a week in, week out scorer these days.

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:10 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
A player whose sole purpose is to gamble on knock downs from long balls?

Shall we get Niall Quinn out of retirement too, and fill the midfield with guileless workhorses?

I reckon if we sell Ronaldo and Rooney we could bugdet for that and have a bit left over.

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:11 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
I know you @#%&!, I was trying to make light of your silly comment...given that you're obsessed with FC.
didn't really come off for you then did it.....@#%&!

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:12 AM
Rossobianchi

Quote:
all i'm saying is that going off todays game i was impressed with Alves cut and thrust.
He's had one good game! If you go one good game agaisn't us we'd have a team of

..................David james.............
Neil.......Dunne.......Distin......Chimbonda

Ireland.... ...........Murty........... Solano

.............Alves.....Cole........davies..

We'd win the league with that.

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:12 AM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
didn't really come off for you then did it.....@#%&!
It did to people who have a IQ higher than a steamed haggis.

@#%&!.

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:14 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
And therein lies the problem with your point - Alves has been shite for Boro since they signed him from Heerenveen except for this one game, and this season he'd been shite for Heerenveen except for that game against Heracles when he scored 7.

Great season last season, but he's not a week in, week out scorer these days.
You have to wonder what he would do at a decent club that would create more chances for him, dunno i can usually spot a good striker and he certainly looked the part, there were times when he made runs and never got the ball delivered to him, at a decent team that can feed him quickly i reckon he'd be deadly. It's objective and i admit that going off this one game is a bit lame but like i say i thought he was excellent and if he can do that against us, he should be able to do it against anyone, he's at the wrong club imo.
Closed Thread