United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-05-2009, 03:07 PM
wonky no

Default liverpool next season

i called this before the start of this one that the scouse would be our main challengers throughout the season. next season they will be no where near. their defence is in dire need of some youth and strength in depth.

they wont be in the top 4 come next may.

Unread 02-05-2009, 03:09 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
i called this before the start of this one that the scouse would be our main challengers throughout the season. next season they will be no where near. their defence is in dire need of some youth and strength in depth.

they wont be in the top 4 come next may.
Skrtel and Agger are both 24, and a decent centre back pairing. Not sure about all those foreign ful backs they've got.

They need a top class forward like Benzema who can play on the wings or through the middle. They'll be better next season if thy can get one.

Unread 02-05-2009, 03:13 PM
poppy

We need them to be challenging.

If they go back to having their usual shite season in the league there's always a danger of them fluking their way to the CL again by way of being fresher than everyone else.

Plus it's always interesting seeing their brains (yes I know) explode at Christmas time if they're within sniffing distance of top spot.

Twote Bohng

yep they're only one striker short

magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Skrtel and Agger are both 24, and a decent centre back pairing. Not sure about all those foreign ful backs they've got.

They need a top class forward like Benzema who can play on the wings or through the middle. They'll be better next season if thy can get one.
Agger won't be there next season and Skrtel is so overrated it's untrue (imo, of course).

Chelsea will be much better next season, ditto Arsenal.

Unread 02-05-2009, 03:15 PM
wonky no

they barely have 6 defenders worthy of playing in the prem.

Unread 02-05-2009, 03:17 PM
hopkins

Another corner turned?

Unread 02-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Agger won't be there next season and Skrtel is so overrated it's untrue (imo, of course).

Chelsea will be much better next season, ditto Arsenal.
I read Agger has been promised a starting place, with Carragher playing at right back. Would be one of Rafa's better decisions imo. Agree chelsea will be better, specially if Hiddink stays.

Unread 02-05-2009, 03:18 PM
denis lawless

normal service resumed next season...arsenal will be the main danger and chelsea will need a close eye keeping on

Unread 02-05-2009, 03:30 PM
Tiberian

Agree about Arsenal. Wenger has quietly built a very good squad, at least in the attacking areas.

Abebayor, Van Persie with Bendtner, Eduardo and Vela backing up is a very good pool of strikers

Walcott, Arshavin, Nasri, Rosicky(if he ever gets fit) Fabregas, Denilson, Song, Ramsey, Diaby, Wilkshire is good mix in midfield. If they can get an experienced defender or 2 they will have a very good chance of putting a challenge together.

Unread 02-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Father Christmas

Benitez will never get a better chance than this season. United committed to all competitions (including a trip to Japan), Chelsea only having half a season with a decent manager, Arsenal's injury problems. The vermin have no chance next year.

Unread 02-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Agree about Arsenal. Wenger has quietly built a very good squad, at least in the attacking areas.

Abebayor, Van Persie with Bendtner, Eduardo and Vela backing up is a very good pool of strikers

Walcott, Arshavin, Nasri, Rosicky(if he ever gets fit) Fabregas, Denilson, Song, Ramsey, Diaby, Wilkshire is good mix in midfield. If they can get an experienced defender or 2 they will have a very good chance of putting a challenge together.
I wonder what Arsenals fist XI will be when everyone is fit, struggle to fit their best players in especially in midfield.

Unread 02-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Stickman

Seriously think theyve blown the best chance theyll get in the foreseable future this season. We havent been at our best, Chelsea have been sleeping and Arsenal you just know will come good again, the potential is certainly there, they just need 1 or 2 players imo.

I think theyll be 4th next season.

Unread 02-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Billy Bigbollox

I agree with their fans, they've just been preparing the way this season and next season they'll definitely win it

Unread 02-05-2009, 04:27 PM
Raging Pig

Thumbs up

This season was there best chance; United, Arsenal and Chelsea have been shit by normal standards. Rumours are Hicks and Gillete have secured their refinancing so they'll have even less money to spend next season

Unread 02-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Wafty Crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian

Yep, Arsenal have looked mighty impressive of late (the exception being at OT last week).

I'd laugh me %@#$&!s off if Liverpool finished outside the top 4 next season.

Unread 02-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Zorg

They've already won three Premierships this season, so will be going for four next.

The one in May will still elude them though, they'll finish fourth imo.

Unread 02-05-2009, 05:43 PM
wiganste

Of course they'll finish top 4 next season!

But their fans must be £#%&!ing heartbroken this evening/season. I think today was the day we clinched the title and they will not get a better chance to win it than they have this season.

Tomorrow's game v Newcastle will feel like a non-event and then they've only got 2 more sleeps until we're battling for a place in the European Cup Final

Love it

Unread 02-05-2009, 05:56 PM
Pop

Alonso and Mascherano were mouthing off this week about leaving the vermin. Couldn't give a shit if they do go but it would be quite funny were they to lose both of them.

Scouse @#%&!s.

Unread 02-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Liverpool this season

http://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=60533
Closed Thread