United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-05-2009, 09:18 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Default Personally Tevez would rather leave

Quote:
Tevez told Cadena COPE: "It's true I've spent a lot of time on the bench and I'd like to play more. But every time I'm given a chance I do all I can to do well and take full advantage.

"Yes, it's like that, it's true I see myself more leaving United than staying here.

Spain
"I don't see why I should lie to people or anything because the fans support me a lot as you can see. So I don't have any reason to lie to them.

"While I wear the United shirt I will leave my life on the pitch. You can see that in every game I play. I respect people a lot and I'm grateful to them.

"My future? I don't know what will happen for my future. I would like to go to Spain, yes, but I don't know yet.

"I have no preference for a team . . . we'll see.

"With respect to the fans and the history of Manchester United, I don't want to leave the club. But from a personal aspect, my exit will be the best solution.

"I need continuity in the team to offer my best. If this doesn't happen I believe this will be my last year."
From Sky Sports.

Unread 01-05-2009, 09:19 AM
dodger

That's pretty clinical, unlike...

Unread 01-05-2009, 09:21 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Ouch. I'd still keep him though. Feel like this is a stupid idea to let him go. More money would have to be spent to replace him surely.

Unread 01-05-2009, 09:22 AM
koppas

He is saying he sees himself leaving rather than staying. Not that he wants to leave.

He knows United won't pay his asking price and that we are after Benzema. He is just being realistic.

Unread 01-05-2009, 09:23 AM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Ouch. I'd still keep him though. Feel like this is a stupid idea to let him go. More money would have to be spent to replace him surely.
He is a better player without the ball sometimes though. His workrate is second to none but his second touch is usually a tackle.

Unread 01-05-2009, 09:24 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
that we are after Benzema
no they arent

Unread 01-05-2009, 09:25 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
no they arent

Unread 01-05-2009, 09:26 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Give it over Koppas.

Weeman yeah agreed but without him we are flat and lethargic. His workrate is very important imo.

Unread 01-05-2009, 09:27 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Give it over Koppas.

Weeman yeah agreed but without him we are flat and lethargic. His workrate is very important imo.
Give what over?

He has said he wants to stay but sees himself leaving rather than staying - hence, he doesn't think he will end up being given a permanent deal.

Unread 01-05-2009, 09:27 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
prove me wrong

Unread 01-05-2009, 09:29 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Thumbs down

Quote:
Give what over?

He has said he wants to stay but sees himself leaving rather than staying - hence, he doesn't think he will end up being given a permanent deal.
The Benzema thing.

Unread 01-05-2009, 09:31 AM
hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
He is a better player without the ball sometimes though. His workrate is second to none but his second touch is usually a tackle.
Agreed. How much of his workrate is down to his abysmal first touch and chasing after it. That's not worth £32m or whatever daft figure MSI want, nevermind the £80k + a week Tevez himself is wanting.

If only we could combine Tevez's workrate with Berble's ball control

Unread 01-05-2009, 09:36 AM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
Agreed. How much of his workrate is down to his abysmal first touch and chasing after it. That's not worth £32m or whatever daft figure MSI want, nevermind the £80k + a week Tevez himself is wanting.

He's called Wayne Rooney.

Unread 01-05-2009, 09:37 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
prove me wrong
You prove me wrong.

Unread 01-05-2009, 09:40 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins

I thought the same about the combination of the two. What would you end with is Wayne Rooney on a good day.

Tevez does not need to be opening his mouth like this. It's a £#%&!ing shitty thing to do at this end of the season. If your not picked for the big game, then take it like a man and do your talking after the last ball of the season is kicked and not before. Trying to put pressure on the manager to pick you ahead of others isn't on, in my opinion, and if I was Fergie I'd be £#%&!ing fuming with the example being set here. To me it's like saying, even if you can negotiate to buy me, if I am not in all the big games I'll £#%&! you off anyway.

Not a happy bunny.

Unread 01-05-2009, 09:42 AM
Brother Mouzone

for a start its £17 million not the ridiculous £32 million banded about. If we let him go and keep that work shy Bulgarian @#%&!, then Ferie truly has lost it.

His important goals and work rate (ala Barca home last year) will be sorely missed, and will only heap more pressure on Rooney to do all the chasing.

Unread 01-05-2009, 09:48 AM
Lok

Something that seems to be lost in all this is that Tevez has probably played more then any of our other strikers. He's just kicking up a fuss to try and force utd to sign him.

Something I've often wondered about the Tevez/MSI deal. When does it expire? normally, if a player doesn't renew his contract he can leave on a free. Why is it different with Tevez? Can't he just £#%&! MSI off?

Unread 01-05-2009, 09:50 AM
hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Mouzone
for a start its £17 million not the ridiculous £32 million banded about. If we let him go and keep that work shy Bulgarian @#%&!, then Ferie truly has lost it.
Is 17m on top of the 10m (5m each season loan fee) we've already forked out?

Unread 01-05-2009, 09:51 AM
marlo

Quote:

His important goals and work rate (ala Barca home last year) will be sorely missed, and will only heap more pressure on Rooney to do all the chasing.
spot on.

Unread 01-05-2009, 09:53 AM
BarryX

Quote:
If we let him go and keep that work shy Bulgarian @#%&!, then Ferie truly has lost it.

just like he lost it when he got rid of Beckham. of Ruud. of Keane. and built possibly the greatest squad we have ever had.

Tevez is probably my favourite player at United these days. At least one of them. How can you not love his passion ? However opening his mouth like this is a @#%&!s trick, and whether its Berbatov, Benzema or whoever the £#%&! we have as a third striker, it doesn't matter. You don't talk about moving from United during the most important part of the season.

Closed Thread