United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-04-2009, 10:37 PM
Luffy

Default Barcelona = the Man Utd of Spain? £#%&! OFF!

I've seen this kind of shit being bandied about but tonight I was really disgusted by this joke of a club. I hate Madrid but tonight I am glad they dominate Barcelona historically.

Their players dive constantly, I watched their game at the weekend as well and if we think Ronaldo dives, we don't know what we're missing! They do it like its just part of the game. Feigning injury so the ref will stop play or the other team puts it out.

Worst of all they didn't put the ball out when Chelsea players were down. That was shocking, not just once tonight but quite a few times they just played on, no class whatsoever. Even tried to take advantage of the offside trap being ruined by Ballack on the floor in the box. Absolute joke.

Lets not talk about their fans. Possibly the most disgusting set of self-indulgent, pompous fans in the world, yes, more so than liverpool fans. Reason being these £#%&!ers turn on their own players at the drop of a hat. Lets look back at some of their standout heroes down the years.

Rivaldo, boo'd, cast out, Ronaldinho, same, now Etoo. Where's the warmth there? They're not a football club with football players and fans. something goes wrong and they start bringing out the white hankies and booing their own, blaming managers or players for whatever, forgetting all the good thats gone.

Compared to how we treat our ex players here, Spanish clubs treat their legends like shit, guys like Rivaldo barely have an association with barca anymore depsite being their talisman for yonks.

This stupid reputation they've built off of being some anti-Madrid entity is false undeserved. They're just as bad an outfit which is going through a nice spell, their problem is they live in Madrid's shadow and don't have the same clout to exploit that Real do.

Unread 28-04-2009, 10:40 PM
Ether

Worst thread I've read in 'yonks'

Unread 28-04-2009, 10:43 PM
denis lawless

yikes !

Unread 28-04-2009, 10:43 PM
History

Shocking thread

Unread 28-04-2009, 10:46 PM
Switching Off

ballack jumped up pretty fast when he saw them attacking the cheating money grabbing vile @#%&!.

Unread 28-04-2009, 10:52 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
ballack jumped up pretty fast when he saw them attacking the cheating money grabbing vile @#%&!.
Haha, didn't he just

Incidentally, I really wish we would stop putting the ball out whenever an opponent goes down. If it's serious, the ref will stop the game. If not, £#%&! them, it's a man's game. The worst that happens is the crowd starts booing a bit, big £#%&!ing deal. And you can guarantee it would stop players going down so easily against us

Unread 28-04-2009, 11:02 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
Their players dive constantly, I watched their game at the weekend as well and if we think Ronaldo dives, we don't know what we're missing!
More than Ronaldo at his worst? I mean, reallly? Are they worse? No; at most they're on a par.

Quote:
Rivaldo, boo'd, cast out, Ronaldinho, same, now Etoo. Where's the warmth there?
Where was the warmth with RVN and Beckham?

Unread 28-04-2009, 11:10 PM
Tiberian

Ronaldo dives but when compared to say Dani Alves there are far fewer examples of diving, or exaggerating contact with the specific purpose of getting a player sent off. Alves was shocking for that tonight, constantly trying to rile Malouda and get him sent off with his rolling and face clutching antics. Ronaldo is usually just looking for the free kick.

Chelsea got away with a few yellow card tackles early and it seemed that some of the Barca players decided that meant that gamesmanship was fair. Gving Chelsea an invite into that type of Contest when you have the likes of Drogba and Ballack, true masters of that art, leads to a very scrappy game.

Unread 28-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Whalefish

Unread 28-04-2009, 11:22 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish

Unread 28-04-2009, 11:24 PM
Whalefish

I'm only teasing.

Got the new Sonic Youth on, very good.

Unread 28-04-2009, 11:27 PM
user_name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
I really wish we would stop putting the ball out whenever an opponent goes down. If it's serious, the ref will stop the game. If not, £#%&! them, it's a man's game. The worst that happens is the crowd starts booing a bit, big £#%&!ing deal. And you can guarantee it would stop players going down so easily against us
Hey, didn't SAF send out a letter to every league manger last season stating he was no longer going to put the ball out when players went down and advised them to do the same vs. United?

Unread 28-04-2009, 11:31 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_name
Hey, didn't SAF send out a letter to every league manger last season stating he was no longer going to put the ball out when players went down and advised them to do the same vs. United?
Remember reading something about that, yeah. Doesn't seem to have lasted very long though.

Unread 28-04-2009, 11:48 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Ronaldo dives but when compared to say Dani Alves there are far fewer examples of diving, or exaggerating contact with the specific purpose of getting a player sent off. Alves was shocking for that tonight, constantly trying to rile Malouda and get him sent off with his rolling and face clutching antics. Ronaldo is usually just looking for the free kick.
Ronnie's gone down holding his face and has waved imaginary yellows in the past.

Maybe it's just me getting riled at people wearing red tinted glasses, but just because we're not as bad as others doesn't exactly make us the last bastion of sportsmanship.

Unread 29-04-2009, 12:08 AM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian

Chelsea got away with a few yellow card tackles early and it seemed that some of the Barca players decided that meant that gamesmanship was fair. Gving Chelsea an invite into that type of Contest when you have the likes of Drogba and Ballack, true masters of that art, leads to a very scrappy game.
drogba got a little annoyed by that blant dive by alves just inside the barca half in the first half. i thought he was going to get his handbag out.

ballack was lucky to stay on the pitch. should've got a second yellow for that trip on the left .edge of the box about 10 mins from the end.

Unread 29-04-2009, 01:41 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
I've seen this kind of shit being bandied about but tonight I was really disgusted by this joke of a club. I hate Madrid but tonight I am glad they dominate Barcelona historically.

Their players dive constantly, I watched their game at the weekend as well and if we think Ronaldo dives, we don't know what we're missing! They do it like its just part of the game. Feigning injury so the ref will stop play or the other team puts it out.

Worst of all they didn't put the ball out when Chelsea players were down. That was shocking, not just once tonight but quite a few times they just played on, no class whatsoever. Even tried to take advantage of the offside trap being ruined by Ballack on the floor in the box. Absolute joke.

Lets not talk about their fans. Possibly the most disgusting set of self-indulgent, pompous fans in the world, yes, more so than liverpool fans. Reason being these £#%&!ers turn on their own players at the drop of a hat. Lets look back at some of their standout heroes down the years.

Rivaldo, boo'd, cast out, Ronaldinho, same, now Etoo. Where's the warmth there? They're not a football club with football players and fans. something goes wrong and they start bringing out the white hankies and booing their own, blaming managers or players for whatever, forgetting all the good thats gone.

Compared to how we treat our ex players here, Spanish clubs treat their legends like shit, guys like Rivaldo barely have an association with barca anymore depsite being their talisman for yonks.

This stupid reputation they've built off of being some anti-Madrid entity is false undeserved. They're just as bad an outfit which is going through a nice spell, their problem is they live in Madrid's shadow and don't have the same clout to exploit that Real do.

Unread 29-04-2009, 08:45 AM
Mr_Ed

Yes can imagine what would happen say if our "Figo" or equivalent player left and signed for the vermin...

This thread reeks and suggest it was written under the influence of some pretty shocking class A's or too many cans of wife beater.

Unread 29-04-2009, 09:06 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Thumbs down

Quote:

That is the biggest load of utter %@#$&!s I have read on here ever, and I used to read pure's posts. The rantings of a clueless "footy" fan who doesn't know his arse from his elbow.

Unread 29-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Sparky***

Luffy, have you gone a bit mental?

Quote:
I've seen this kind of shit being bandied about but tonight I was really disgusted by this joke of a club. I hate Madrid but tonight I am glad they dominate Barcelona historically. You shouldn't be. The 'domination' you speak of is not just football related.

Their players dive constantly, I watched their game at the weekend as well and if we think Ronaldo dives, we don't know what we're missing! They do it like its just part of the game. Feigning injury so the ref will stop play or the other team puts it out. Welcome to Spanish football.

Worst of all they didn't put the ball out when Chelsea players were down. That was shocking, not just once tonight but quite a few times they just played on, no class whatsoever. Even tried to take advantage of the offside trap being ruined by Ballack on the floor in the box. Absolute joke. Good, Chelsea are bunch of @#%&!s. Ballack and Drogba are two of the biggest diverst to ever play the game. Did you see Ballack's miracle 'praise jesus' recovery when he saw barca were attacking?

Lets not talk about their fans. Possibly the most disgusting set of self-indulgent, pompous fans in the world, yes, more so than liverpool fans. Reason being these £#%&!ers turn on their own players at the drop of a hat. Lets look back at some of their standout heroes down the years. Now you're talking crap. Worse than Scousers?

Rivaldo, boo'd, cast out, Ronaldinho, same, now Etoo. Where's the warmth there? They're not a football club with football players and fans. something goes wrong and they start bringing out the white hankies and booing their own, blaming managers or players for whatever, forgetting all the good thats gone. Like most football supporters in Spain? They're notoriously fickle, like most football supporters - just more vehement.

Compared to how we treat our ex players here, Spanish clubs treat their legends like shit, guys like Rivaldo barely have an association with barca anymore depsite being their talisman for yonks. Mention the name Johan Cruyff around Barcelona and you'll get a different reaction. Rivaldo was a smacked arse anyway, hardly a 'legend'.

This stupid reputation they've built off of being some anti-Madrid entity is false undeserved. They're just as bad an outfit which is going through a nice spell, their problem is they live in Madrid's shadow and don't have the same clout to exploit that Real do. Wrong. Just wrong.

Unread 29-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
That is the biggest load of utter %@#$&!s I have read on here ever, and I used to read pure's posts. The rantings of a clueless "footy" fan who doesn't know his arse from his elbow.
agreed
Closed Thread