United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-04-2017, 08:49 PM
sa7

If you need to rely on stats to appreciate that we are a better side this season then you've no actual appreciation of football.

Unread 26-04-2017, 08:57 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I always thought improvements were inevitable. Especially after signing three top class talents and surely better luck with injuries, not to mention the freshness of a new regime. I'd have expected improvements no matter who the manager was, including Van Gaal. The main part of the season is still ahead of us, so for me will be crucial in assessing whether it's improved to the extent we all expected.

Certainly back in the summer a 4th/5th place tussle seemed below expectations, which we agree on. Tomorrow vital
i'm not sure we've had much better luck with injuries this season to last, and 2 of jose's new signings had significant injuries early in the campaign. we have 3 key players out for the season right now as well, compared to none last season iirc ...

after a slow start we haven't lost a single league game since october 23rd, during which time we've also progressed to the final of 1 cup (and won it) and to the semi-final of another.

the top 5 this season is 10% better in terms of total points than this time last season. we are 10pts (20%) better off ourselves and yet are still only 5th. the standard in terms of relative quality in the top 5 compared to the rest of the division has been much better.

Unread 26-04-2017, 09:05 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
i'm not sure we've had much better luck with injuries this season to last, and 2 of jose's new signings had significant injuries early in the campaign. we have 3 key players out for the season right now as well, compared to none last season iirc ...

after a slow start we haven't lost a single league game since october 23rd, during which time we've also progressed to the final of 1 cup (and won it) and to the semi-final of another.

the top 5 this season is 10% better in terms of total points than this time last season. we are 10pts (20%) better off ourselves and yet are still only 5th. the standard in terms of relative quality in the top 5 compared to the rest of the division has been much better.
Good post. It's pretty obvious to nearly all how much better we are this season tbh.

Unread 26-04-2017, 09:40 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

Stopped observing post here.

Put some effort in pls.

Unread 26-04-2017, 11:15 PM
red in cumbria

We haven't had the ridiculous injury pile-up we had in late 2015 this campaign, no. Though things aren't exactly ideal on that front right now, you may or may not have noticed

Unread 27-04-2017, 12:06 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

Glad someone has the balls to say it

Throughout this stage of last season I was pessimistic about the Big Man (Black Rose avatar ) and consistently said, for all my backing, that it wasn't good enough to be battling for 4th place. Fast forward a year, another spend and a new manager, I'm saying the same.
The implication of what you're saying is that you've defended and criticised van gaal in the same way you have Mourinho? On an equal basis? Please pal, it's ludicrous

Or are you simply picking out a single line of concern you might have made last year, which was buried amongst a bible length narrative defending van gaal, and applying the same line to your steady stream of snide this year?

Unread 27-04-2017, 12:38 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Stopped observing post here.

Put some effort in pls.
how convenient for you

suggest you look at the number of appearances the core group of 10 or so made last season compared to this. and then the next group of 5. the numbers for this season and last are very similar.

at burnley both our top scorers were out. rojo was out. valencia was out. ashley young started for the 5th time in the last 8 matches. the manger even had to bring wayne rooney back into the side as a starter because the first choice strikers were still playing football at half past ten on the thursday night.

Unread 27-04-2017, 04:23 AM
shenwen

Quote:

Think a few are a bit desperate these days on the point-scoring if I'm honest.
Wow. The balls on this guy

Unread 27-04-2017, 11:48 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Wow. The balls on this guy
As you were saying; narratives etc

Gotta be right

Unread 27-04-2017, 04:22 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
The implication of what you're saying is that you've defended and criticised van gaal in the same way you have Mourinho? On an equal basis? Please pal, it's ludicrous

Or are you simply picking out a single line of concern you might have made last year, which was buried amongst a bible length narrative defending van gaal, and applying the same line to your steady stream of snide this year?
I haven't been able to defend Mou on here because barely anyone ever criticises him. I've got a couple of mates who loathe him. In that setting I find myself defending him more often. If people were blaming Mourinho for everything the way they did Van Gaal, I'd end up fighting his corner.

The fact that people think I've been sniding him all season says a lot tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
As you were saying; narratives etc

Gotta be right
I hope this isn't a blow to your ego pal, but I honestly couldn't give a solitary £#%&! whether you, Keith or anyone else thinks I'm right or not. Genuinely no offence.

Unread 27-04-2017, 10:16 PM
saffers

Quote:
I haven't been able to defend Mou on here because barely anyone ever criticises him. I've got a couple of mates who loathe him. In that setting I find myself defending him more often. If people were blaming Mourinho for everything the way they did Van Gaal, I'd end up fighting his corner.

The fact that people think I've been sniding him all season says a lot tbh.

I hope this isn't a blow to your ego pal, but I honestly couldn't give a solitary £#%&! whether you, Keith or anyone else thinks I'm right or not. Genuinely no offence.
Mou been getting loads of abuse on here pal, just a bit quiet now after 3 PL wins on the spin and reaching the semi of the europa.

Credit to you, dont think youve abused mou once even though the likes of sparky must have tempted you to sometimes.

Unread 27-04-2017, 10:26 PM
Part 36 Offer

Another diabolical performance tonight.

Unread 27-04-2017, 10:27 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
24 games unbeaten pol. 4th place in our own hands, europa semi, 2 cups already won this season.

Next time dont set the alarm!!!

Unread 27-04-2017, 10:28 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
It would be worth the plane fare to australia just so i could get off the plane, one bomb you and then get back on and go home

Unread 27-04-2017, 10:29 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It would be worth the plane fare to australia just so i could get off the plane, one bomb you and then get back on and go home
I think parters decided to abuse mou one night a few weeks ago and has now decided he has to stick with it for the rest of the season.

Unread 27-04-2017, 10:31 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
you wouldn't get near me you little midget @#%&! but you're welcome to stay over here anytime.

Unread 27-04-2017, 10:32 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
you wouldn't get near me you little midget @#%&! but you're welcome to stay over here anytime.
I'd line your whole family up in arrivals and tombstone you all one by one.

Quick high five of the customs officials and back to blighty

Unread 27-04-2017, 10:33 PM
AK14

Quote:

Unread 27-04-2017, 10:33 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

ok mate, sure thing.

Unread 27-04-2017, 10:34 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
ok mate, sure thing.
I'd do yours off the hire car desk, just for extra damage.
Closed Thread