United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-04-2013, 05:15 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Bayern made them look bad

Do you really think we would have taken Barca to the cleaners tonight like Bayern. No chance I'm afraid
what I honestly think is this:

nobody would ever have thought Bayern would win 4-0 and if they played the game again tomorrow nobody would predict they would win 4-0 then either.

and aside from the refereeing decisions going in Bayern's favour I'd also want to question the fact that they deliberately waterlogged the centre of the pitch as well.

and btw, I can name a good few games where United produced similar performances and results when hardly anybody really expected it. it's a freak result, and I'll be amazed if Bayern can believe it themselves.

Unread 24-04-2013, 05:39 AM
believe

De Gea
Rafael - Vidic - Evans - Evra
Carrick - Fabregas
Ronaldo - Rooney - Bale
RvP

mmm interesting.

edit: wrong bastard thread

Unread 24-04-2013, 07:50 AM
MUFC One Love

I love how Ronni Irani tweeted "is this the end of the style Barca use" or something like that. Yep, one game.

They're pissing their league don't forget. They'll sign 1-2 top players this summer and be back next season, getting to the semi final isn't exactly bad, is it? I know it was a tonking but everything went against them. I'm not a Barca fanboy either, in fact they piss me off with their harrassing off the ref etc which I have said loads of times when everyone says just Madrid do it whilst sucking Barca off.

Bayern waterlogging the centre of the pitch...

Unread 24-04-2013, 08:14 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
what I honestly think is this:

nobody would ever have thought Bayern would win 4-0 and if they played the game again tomorrow nobody would predict they would win 4-0 then either.

and aside from the refereeing decisions going in Bayern's favour I'd also want to question the fact that they deliberately waterlogged the centre of the pitch as well.

and btw, I can name a good few games where United produced similar performances and results when hardly anybody really expected it. it's a freak result, and I'll be amazed if Bayern can believe it themselves.
if we got that result you'd be claiming it as a perfected masterpiece.

be honest with yourself at least.

Unread 24-04-2013, 08:18 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I love how Ronni Irani tweeted "is this the end of the style Barca use" or something like that. Yep, one game.

They're pissing their league don't forget. They'll sign 1-2 top players this summer and be back next season, getting to the semi final isn't exactly bad, is it? I know it was a tonking but everything went against them. I'm not a Barca fanboy either, in fact they piss me off with their harrassing off the ref etc which I have said loads of times when everyone says just Madrid do it whilst sucking Barca off.

Probably not beneath the krauts

Unread 24-04-2013, 08:27 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

yep, that water logged quater sq. meter really destroyed barca's passing game.

Unread 24-04-2013, 09:17 AM
Denis Irwell

Dunno, just saying - didn't see it but anyone who starts 2x world wars..........

Unread 24-04-2013, 09:19 AM
Harri Jaffa

Bayern totally outplayed them but the 2nd goal was offside and the 3rd was obstruction...

Unread 24-04-2013, 09:40 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Bayern totally outplayed them but the 2nd goal was offside and the 3rd was obstruction...
and if you're a spanish side bleating about that, you're a @#%&!. (not you, them).

£#%&! me, they're a snidey bunch of bastards, sap on arsewipes.

Unread 24-04-2013, 09:43 AM
Harri Jaffa

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
and if you're a spanish side bleating about that, you're a @#%&!. (not you, them).

£#%&! me, they're a snidey bunch of bastards, sap on arsewipes.
Exactly my thoughts

Unread 24-04-2013, 11:20 AM
andyroo

And they laughed at Brendan Rodgers when he said he wanted to make Liverpool like Barcelona.

Unread 24-04-2013, 03:01 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Haven't we done that sort of thing before??

Unread 24-04-2013, 03:12 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
when?

Unread 24-04-2013, 03:22 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Arsenal at home in 89

Unread 24-04-2013, 11:12 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Amazing what can happen when a club is able to invest most of its profits back into the team.

Unread 24-04-2013, 11:12 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Yes but Fletcher is getting treatment for it now.

Unread 24-04-2013, 11:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
Yes but Fletcher is getting treatment for it now.
You're on form today, pol
Closed Thread