Mr_Ed

Default Remember Freddy Adu?

The next world superstar?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/chrisbeva...forgotten.html

Turned out to be a bit shit really...

Unread 13-11-2009, 01:58 AM
Grimson

Default Re: Remember Freddy Adu?

Their are lots of small players who have succeeded, but Adu doesn't seem to be able to ride tackles or handle any sort of contact. Consequently he's very easy to bully out of a game.

Unread 13-11-2009, 02:00 AM
Ben

is he still 16?

Unread 13-11-2009, 02:11 AM
Spiffy

You've got to feel sorry for people like him. I'm shit at football and never expected to to make it as a pro. If I had people telling me I'd be the best in the world, I'd be gutted if I didn't realise my potential.

Unread 13-11-2009, 02:19 AM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Their are lots of small players who have succeeded, but Adu doesn't seem to be able to ride tackles or handle any sort of contact. Consequently he's very easy to bully out of a game.
we should put together a midget top ten failures.

i'll start the ball rolling with terry gibson

Unread 13-11-2009, 02:22 AM
les vagas

djemba twins

Unread 13-11-2009, 02:26 AM
Spiffy

I know for a fact that Gary Flitcroft is better than Giggs because I know a blue who used to say it regularly. Nicky Weaver was better than Schmeichel too.

HTH.

Unread 13-11-2009, 02:32 AM
Camel

going back to freddy... we were linked for years when he was the youngest player in the american league to win the cslewis trophy. . never saw it myself. midget showing occassional glimpses of skill.

Unread 13-11-2009, 02:38 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
I know for a fact that Gary Flitcroft is better than Giggs because I know a blue who used to say it regularly. Nicky Weaver was better than Schmeichel too.

HTH.
David White > Giggs
Peter Beagrie > Kanchelskis

Unread 13-11-2009, 02:39 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
going back to freddy... we were linked for years when he was the youngest player in the american league to win the cslewis trophy. . never saw it myself. midget showing occassional glimpses of skill.
He trained with us or came for a trial. We could have had him if we'd wanted. Thankfully Fergie goes off how they perform week in week out, not how good they are on Football Manager.

How's Adriano nowadays? He's another one.

Unread 13-11-2009, 02:40 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
David White > Giggs
Peter Beagrie > Kanchelskis
Paul Walsh> Eric Cantona (or was it Shaun Goater?)

Unread 13-11-2009, 08:04 AM
borsuk

Quote:
hardly a midget and was a genuine talent. just had no discipline and pissed it all up the wall. real shame.

Unread 13-11-2009, 08:25 AM
Wafty Crank

Quote:
Paul Walsh> Eric Cantona (or was it Shaun Goater?)
Neither, it was Uwe Rosler.

Unread 13-11-2009, 08:26 AM
SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
the youngest player in the american league to win the cslewis trophy .
Scholar, novelist, football scout. Was there no end to the man's talents?

Unread 13-11-2009, 09:11 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
He trained with us or came for a trial. We could have had him if we'd wanted. Thankfully Fergie goes off how they perform week in week out, not how good they are on Football Manager.

No he isn't. Adriano was an absolutely awesome player, he was Didier Drogba but without the theatrics and a bit more power. His problems were depression which he liked to hide from by boozing and so just got huge.

Unread 13-11-2009, 09:15 AM
ReligiousRed

Quote:
You've got to feel sorry for people like him. I'm shit at football and never expected to to make it as a pro. If I had people telling me I'd be the best in the world, I'd be gutted if I didn't realise my potential.
Just what I thought too, feel sorry for the lad really, after all it was not him who was doing the hyping up and he must have been doing something special for people to take notice at the age he was, just never came to anything .....like I say, feel sorry for the lad

Unread 13-11-2009, 09:17 AM
ReligiousRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
No he isn't. Adriano was an absolutely awesome player, he was Didier Drogba but without the theatrics and a bit more power. His problems were depression which he liked to hide from by boozing and so just got huge.
Better than hiding behind a train I suppose

:shakehead:
Im not proud of that one.

Unread 13-11-2009, 09:20 AM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

from what i saw from him, he flattered to decieve a lot of the time, but it's not all his fault. they put him in the first team at 14. no wonder the poor £#%&!ing kid is £#%&!ed already

Unread 13-11-2009, 10:14 AM
dunk

He's only 20 ffs, he's still £#%&!ing growing (not necessarily upwards though, which could be an issue), give him a couple of years, if he has talent and determination, he'll come good.

Unread 13-11-2009, 10:31 AM
Fatboy Shrek

I've not watched a single minute of him but i'd take him over Nani.
Closed Thread