United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:13 PM
Venceremos

Post Thoughts on Guardiola/Mourinho

I believe that...

Guardiola is a manager who is best suited to managing players of weak individual character who thrive on organised instruction.

Mourinho on the other hand is a manager who works best with strong minded players who thrive on emotional intensity.

Now the problem for our Manchester United is that the squad is obviously made up of the former profile of player with only a few of the latter. The same was true to a large extent at Chelsea last season and a bit at Madrid too while Mourinho was there. Inter was his last club where you could look up and down the team and see all proper players.

Does this make him the wrong man? Absolutely not. We will only experience the true highs and peaks of football with a Mourinho style manager managing Mourinho style players.

City look like they will win the league by 20 points. Well done. But it's also very predictable that they will cut to ribbons by one of the big 3 in the CL, probably the first one they meet. Because they are weak.

Do you think when/if Mourinho makes United the Champions in England they won't be a monster of Europe also? It is a certainty.

This season Mourinho will work to mold Bailley, Shaw, Pogba, Martial, Rashford into worthy components of the next great United side (DDG is already there) Next summer we will sign more and be ready to fight for everything.

Truly encourage all reds to back him and get out of the short term narrow view of things...

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:18 PM
Sparky***

My thoughts so far are:

Guardiola is doing a good job so far. Mourinho isn't doing such a good job so far.

Guardiola has taken over a decent squad which woefully under performed last season because they weren't arsed, Mourinho has taken over a pretty mediocre squad with several key positions missing quality players who finished where they deserved to.

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:19 PM
Switching Off

Mourinho is the man for us

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:20 PM
Pop

Mourinho will get things right.

Guardiola is a bald @#%&!

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:20 PM
S/Side.Red

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:21 PM
waynes ear's

Nearly as bad as an international week

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:22 PM
TheFatGoth

My thoughts

Mourinho - starting to look past his sell by date - had his time at the top but his powers are on the wane - should have had him 3 years ago but Moyes

Guardiola - probably the best manager of all time, city playing some incredible stuff - should have had him 3 years ago but Moyes.

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:25 PM
believe

My thoughts:

Guardiola manages City
Mourinho manages us.

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:25 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venceremos
I believe that...

Guardiola is a manager who is best suited to managing players of weak individual character who thrive on organised instruction.

Mourinho on the other hand is a manager who works best with strong minded players who thrive on emotional intensity.

Now the problem for our Manchester United is that the squad is obviously made up of the former profile of player with only a few of the latter. The same was true to a large extent at Chelsea last season and a bit at Madrid too while Mourinho was there. Inter was his last club where you could look up and down the team and see all proper players.

Does this make him the wrong man? Absolutely not. We will only experience the true highs and peaks of football with a Mourinho style manager managing Mourinho style players.

City look like they will win the league by 20 points. Well done. But it's also very predictable that they will cut to ribbons by one of the big 3 in the CL, probably the first one they meet. Because they are weak.

Do you think when/if Mourinho makes United the Champions in England they won't be a monster of Europe also? It is a certainty.

This season Mourinho will work to mold Bailley, Shaw, Pogba, Martial, Rashford into worthy components of the next great United side (DDG is already there) Next summer we will sign more and be ready to fight for everything.

Truly encourage all reds to back him and get out of the short term narrow view of things...

and what sparkles said, obvs.

oh, and.... mourinho isn't a coach I admire. our squad isn't shit. his team selections and tactics are shit. not even sure what his tactics are. but I guess that is because he isn't much of a coach.

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:28 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
My thoughts

Mourinho - starting to look past his sell by date - had his time at the top but his powers are on the wane - should have had him 3 years ago but Moyes

Guardiola - probably the best manager of all time, city playing some incredible stuff - should have had him 3 years ago but Moyes.

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:38 PM
jem

Quote:
Guardiola - probably the best manager of all time

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:39 PM
Cream

Pep is Messi
Mourinho is Ronaldo

I £#%&!ing hate bald people and midgets.

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:39 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
My thoughts

You clueless £#%&!ing belm.

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:48 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
You clueless £#%&!ing belm.
7 years as a manager in two different countries

6 League titles
2 European cups
3 Club World Cups
4 Domestic cups

Looking likely he'll add to that in the next 12 months

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:49 PM
Zorg

Football

In September 2012 I stood next to Guardiola in the immigration queue at JFK.

I've never stood next to Mourinho in a queue of any kind.

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:51 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
In September 2012 I stood next to Guardiola in the immigration queue at JFK.

I've never stood next to Mourinho in a queue of any kind.
Right next to him, or a few bodies apart?

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:54 PM
TheFatGoth

I made eye contact with Brendan in WHsmith's at Manchester airport in March 2014. Would like to think it was my little contribution to their collapse a month later.

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:57 PM
believe

Quote:

6 League titles
2 European cups
3 Club World Cups
4 Domestic cups

The Zlatan of football managers

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:58 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

6 League titles
2 European cups
3 Club World Cups
4 Domestic cups

Come back to me when he beats Real Madrid in a European final with Aberdeen.

Unread 19-09-2016, 08:01 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
Guardiola - probably the best manager of all time,
Eat shit and die.
Closed Thread