United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-09-2016, 06:39 AM
Marlon Van Baron

Default Jose pointing the finger at Luke Shaw

Wtf...... I cannot believe what I am hearing or reading this morning.

United have two glaring issues in the team and neither of them are Luke Shaw .

Maybe he was caught up field for one of the goals I can't honestly remember either way. The fact is that Shaw is one of the better players available to Jose and is an attacking full back who at times will get caught up field.

Focus on Rooney miscontolling every ball played to his feet or slicing every shot or Hollywood pass in to the stands. Have a look at what the £#%&! that lumbering buffoon Fellaini is doing on the pitch before anything else.

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:00 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
Wtf...... I cannot believe what I am hearing or reading this morning.

United have two glaring issues in the team and neither of them are Luke Shaw .

Maybe he was caught up field for one of the goals I can't honestly remember either way. The fact is that Shaw is one of the better players available to Jose and is an attacking full back who at times will get caught up field.

Focus on Rooney miscontolling every ball played to his feet or slicing every shot or Hollywood pass in to the stands. Have a look at what the £#%&! that lumbering buffoon Fellaini is doing on the pitch before anything else.
Different players respond to different types of criticism or challenges. Perhaps the manager rates him highly and is trying to get him to step it up a level? Dont know tbh, I thought he also looked good yesterday.

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:05 AM
Marlon Van Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Different players respond to different types of criticism or challenges. Perhaps the manager rates him highly and is trying to get him to step it up a level? Dont know tbh, I thought he also looked good yesterday.
Same here, I never even gave Shaw a thought as someone that would receive criticism for yesterday. Even when he was taken off I thought it was an odd decision. Not just because both Rooney and Felliani were still on the pitch stinking the place out. But because Shaw is always one of the most attacking players in the team from the left.

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:11 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
Same here, I never even gave Shaw a thought as someone that would receive criticism for yesterday. Even when he was taken off I thought it was an odd decision. Not just because both Rooney and Felliani were still on the pitch stinking the place out. But because Shaw is always one of the most attacking players in the team from the left.
Just read the criticism, must admit, was expecting a lot worse.

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:14 AM
AK14

Is Shaw really an attacking full back?

He gets forward now and again but I wouldn't really class him as an attacking full back tbh?

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:16 AM
Ethers

Just read the comments, pretty mild stuff isn't it really.

Unread 19-09-2016, 07:36 AM
Tumescent Throb

not read it.

if shaw has a responsibility and isn't carrying it out why shouldn't he be criticised?

maybe jose thinks individual errors in opposition half are one thing, but positional errors that damage team shape are entirely another?

Unread 19-09-2016, 08:25 AM
andyroo

andyroo pointing the finger at José Mourinho

Unread 19-09-2016, 08:46 AM
Baron

Quote:
“The first Man City goal and this second goal against Watford - you can find an incredible similarity, which is Kolarov has the ball in a difficult situation in the corner and my players, instead of going up to press they decide to give space.

“And here for the second goal, Amrabat receives the ball and our left-back is 25 metres from him instead of five metres. But even at 25 metres, you have to jump and go and press, but no, we wait.

“This is a tactical but also a mental attitude. It’s something that doesn’t become perfect in a couple of weeks.
The man is a monster

Lots of goals have come down the left side, it can happen just like that, but it sounds to me like the players aren't listening. Plenty of people have bemoaned a passive style in the last few games, no pressing or intensity - he's hardly laying into him, just stating he's changing mentalities & it doesn't happen in 3 weeks.

That said... I don't recall too many times where calling out individuals - either by name or position - in public goes over especially well with the modern day prima dona player.

Let's hope these lads grow some balls soon eh.

Love Sheezy as well, but the whole side needs to step it up. Includes Mourinho with his selection tbh.

Unread 19-09-2016, 09:09 AM
dunk

LvG couldn't get the basics of his philosophy into the heads of these thick @#%&!s without them sulking in 2 £#%&!ing years. It doesn't look good.

Unread 19-09-2016, 09:44 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron

That said... I don't recall too many times where calling out individuals - either by name or position - in public goes over especially well with the modern day prima dona player.
https://www.theguardian.com/football...-middlesbrough

Unread 19-09-2016, 09:53 AM
elephantstone

just giving him a kick up the arse, nothing wrong with that.

Unread 19-09-2016, 10:05 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Ross Barkley is too £#%&!ing thick to know if he's being praised or slaughtered.

Unread 19-09-2016, 10:21 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
just giving him a kick up the arse, nothing wrong with that.
Exactly.

Now he needs to sit Rooney down next to him in a presser and destroy him infront of all his £#%&!ing mates.

Unread 19-09-2016, 10:47 AM
jem

if shaw is above criticism because rooney and fellaini are shit, then mourinho isn't in a position to criticise anyone.

Unread 19-09-2016, 10:49 AM
dunk

Tbf, Shaw was in lala land on the 2nd goal and halfway to the oppo's goal when Martial lost the ball on the first...

Always happens when back from serious injury, fly through the first few games on adrenaline and then suffer a loss of form. He'll be fine in a few weeks.

Unread 19-09-2016, 11:00 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Ross Barkley is too £#%&!ing thick to know if he's being praised or slaughtered.
Still, it shows it happens. No doubt Mourinho will be slaughtered for it, like he has been for dumping Schweinsteiger in the reserves, while nobody questions Pep for dumping Toure, or Koeman for publicly criticising Barkley.

Unread 19-09-2016, 11:04 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Still, it shows it happens. No doubt Mourinho will be slaughtered for it, like he has been for dumping Schweinsteiger in the reserves, while nobody questions Pep for dumping Toure, or Koeman for publicly criticising Barkley.
Like I said, doesn't happen too many times... & Mourinho's got previous for calling out players rather than just closing ranks & getting on with it.

If he's got serious stubble & starts having a pop at Wenger in the next few weeks it might be time to panic

Quite likely he'll just sort it out with some actual training & management though.

Unread 19-09-2016, 11:07 AM
jem

Quote:
Quite likely he'll just sort it out with some actual training & management though.
or blaming the officials.

Unread 19-09-2016, 11:16 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
or blaming the officials.
Everyone, including himself at the moment...

Rome wasn't built in a day etc.

I see issues, but not insurmountable ones. He'll do well to be decisive though, we'd agree that the talent at his disposal - much the same as the last few years - hasn't been deployed in anything approaching a sensible way.

Why does everyone that manages United seem intent on shooting themselves in the £#%&!ing foot?
Closed Thread