United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-09-2016, 01:31 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Oh I'm not saying he shouldn't be there, I'm saying he isn't there. Not even close. He's nowhere near making the side in any capacity atm. So why people are fancifully slapping him in the centre of our midfield.
who would you play there instead?

Unread 17-09-2016, 01:32 PM
believe

Quote:
People lumping TFM and Rashford together
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
People lumping TFM in CM without ever having seen him play there
Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
De Gea

Valencia Bailly Blind Shaw

Hererra TFM Pogba

Rashford Zlatan Martial
Enough said

Unread 17-09-2016, 02:17 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
who would you play there instead?
In central midfield?

Our midfielders.

Unread 17-09-2016, 04:38 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
People lumping TFM in CM without ever having seen him play there
people who haven't seen him play there assuming no one else has seen him play there.

Quote:
Ok, great. Um, you know we have a new manager since then, who hasn't once picked him, right?
but who has picked fellaini consistently in a two-man midfield. so.... who is wrong here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
TFM is a great talent but I feel a lot of fans are in danger of hyping him up to an extreme. The longer he is out of the side the more people speak of him as a saviour.

He's 18. There should be no rush for a kid to be given such responsibility. Most of his games anyway have come as right back or center back too. The midfield argument has a basis because of the great raw qualities he has - the athleticism and engine but as of now is purely hypothetical.
so? how will he ever prove himself if not allowed to play?

the fact is he has pace, reads the game, vision and passing range, strength, dribbling skills.... what's not to like other than him being only 18? he's a bit wasted as a ball-playing centre back, although he could rescue bailly/blind from right back. get him in the £#%&!ing team. in the midfield. because that is where we £#%&!ing need him.

Quote:
In central midfield?

Our midfielders.
who is that then?

Unread 17-09-2016, 04:40 PM
dunk

I've seen him there Jem

Unread 17-09-2016, 04:43 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
people who haven't seen him play there assuming no one else has seen him play there.

but who has picked fellaini consistently in a two-man midfield. so.... who is wrong here?

so? how will he ever prove himself if not allowed to play?

the fact is he has pace, reads the game, vision and passing range, strength, dribbling skills.... what's not to like other than him being only 18? he's a bit wasted as a ball-playing centre back, although he could rescue bailly/blind from right back. get him in the £#%&!ing team. in the midfield. because that is where we £#%&!ing need him.

who is that then?
You....want me....toooo.....tell you who our midfielders are?

Unread 17-09-2016, 04:47 PM
jem

Quote:
You....want me....toooo.....tell you who our midfielders are?
yup. because players like herrera, pogba, mkhitaryan, etc are not defensive midfielders. so..... who do we have who can play in defensive midfield? answer: carrick, if he is still alive. I would include valencia, but he is needed elsewhere currently. maybe blind. so.... the question remains. please don't say fellaini.

Unread 17-09-2016, 04:50 PM
S/Side.Red

I reckon this is going to be a tough one. Genuine test of the mental strength of the side.

Time for Poggers to announce himself

Unread 17-09-2016, 04:52 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
hasn't he got enough to do, playing with fellaini?

Unread 17-09-2016, 04:56 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
yup. because players like herrera, pogba, mkhitaryan, etc are not defensive midfielders. so..... who do we have who can play in defensive midfield? answer: carrick, if he is still alive. I would include valencia, but he is needed elsewhere currently. maybe blind. so.... the question remains. please don't say fellaini.
All of our midfielders have their shortcomings, but that also doesn't mean we deploy an 19 year old right back who hasn't even featured in a match day squad yet.

And as I said earlier, I wasn't even saying he should it shouldn't play. I said that the idea people put them in their projected side for a game taking place tomorrow as laughable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I reckon this is going to be a tough one. Genuine test of the mental strength of the side.

Yes it is. City was the first quality test. We failed. Now this is the first time we have faced a bit of uncertainty and a genuine need to win (not 'must win', but a ......'must win' must win...)

Unread 17-09-2016, 05:16 PM
red in cumbria

What was depressing about Thursday (apart from actually being there) was not losing, but reverting to the negative depressing dull ponderous shite that was the worst of the LvG era.

Can we at least try to play some football - please?

Unread 17-09-2016, 05:35 PM
Billy Redface

This isn't on BT or Sky tomorrow is it?

Unread 17-09-2016, 06:08 PM
jem

Quote:
This isn't on BT or Sky tomorrow is it?
bt

Unread 17-09-2016, 06:10 PM
Sparky***

Absolutely £#%&!ing ludicrous kick off time as well

Unread 17-09-2016, 06:15 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yep, a noon kick off is taking the piss

Unread 17-09-2016, 06:20 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yep, a noon kick off is taking the piss
Really? Thought it was coverage from 12.

Oh ffs. We're shit at the really early kick offs. 2 goals down before lunch. Going through the mill before its even 2pm. Utterly furious by 2.30pm. Thinking about work by 3pm.

Unread 17-09-2016, 06:23 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy redface
really? Thought it was coverage from 12.
11:30

Unread 17-09-2016, 06:47 PM
ScarFace

It will be

degea
valencia bailly blind shaw
fellani pogba
micky rashford
rooney
zlat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It's because it should of been one of BT sports saturday games but due to the europa, it has to be on a sunday and has to be before skys super@#%&!day ko's.

Jose needs to stop waiting till december to realise we need to play this team..

Degea
smalling bailly blind shaw
micky pogba hererer young
rashford zlatters

Unread 17-09-2016, 07:21 PM
Swagger

De Gea

Valencia
Bailley
Blind
Shaw

Fellani
Pogba
Herrera

Rooney
Ibra
Martial

Unread 17-09-2016, 07:24 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Jose needs to stop waiting till december to realise we need to play this team..

Degea
smalling bailly blind shaw
micky pogba hererer young
rashford zlatters
Closed Thread